Use of the phrase "bond" in comments on dressage test

pnap

Visit site
Well Jack and I did our second ever dressage test the other night and the judge was very complimentary about him but said that we need to develop more "bond" to attain higher marks. I am very aware that his front and back ends do their own thing - is this what she means or am I missing the point and it's some proper dressage term?

3Beasties

Visit site
Is it not the bond between you and your horse?
confused.gif

Working together, listening to each other; that kind of thing.

Optimist

Visit site
I find dressage judges have much in common with doctors when it comes to handwriting.... Are you sure it doesn't say bend?

pnap

Visit site
Well I did think of this but the way it's worded made me think she means he needs to be more connected through the leg and hand rather than he hates my guts and wants rid of me. Cause she states "Lovely horse with correct paces. He now needs to create more bond to gain higher marks".

pnap

Visit site
No her writing was very neat and it's definitely "bond". Though he does need to bend better as well. I was just so pleased we stayed within the boards and on all 4 feet! The little things in life eh?
tongue.gif

K27

Visit site
I think she probably means "bend" too- or I hope thats what the judge meant- sorry I'm sitting at my desk laughing at the mo!!
grin.gif

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Bond - James Bond - perhaps she wanted you to be more exciting and suave! lol
grin.gif

Think it probably means "bend" the writer might have misheard the judge - usually they are volunteers and not all have much knowledge of dressage. Either way it would not be a bad thing to creat more "bond" or "bend"
smile.gif