Uvex hat recall - Anyone got their hats back?

noname

Visit site
I know a few people on here got their hats collected by Uvex with the recent safety scare. I just wondered if you've had them back yet / got new ones? Mine was collected at the beginning of August and I've heard nothing.

Leg_end

Visit site
Nope... I have emailed, put a post on their FB page (which they replied to really quickly but nothing since) and have emailed their head of equestrian. Really pi$$ed off as I've had to buy another hat :(

noname

Visit site
I'm gutted as it was such a comfy hat but don't see why I should be £100 out of pocket. So annoying. Scumbags come to mind.
Will try calling them as I found a telephone number on the safety recall notice.

Last edited:

Leg_end

Visit site
Get onto their Facebook and make a post. I won't be doing anything privately with them as it makes no difference... In the public domain only!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I have had mine replaced. Received an invoice type document with an email address on so used that to chase. Hats turned up 4 days later by courier. My experience has been very positive. Only niggle is I sent three different colours back, the replacements were all the same. They replaced them with the more expensive perfexxion model that are uk kite marked. My original uvisions were only to European standard

noname

Visit site
I have had mine replaced. Received an invoice type document with an email address on so used that to chase. Hats turned up 4 days later by courier. My experience has been very positive. Only niggle is I sent three different colours back, the replacements were all the same. They replaced them with the more expensive perfexxion model that are uk kite marked. My original uvisions were only to European standard

Any chance you could post / pm the email address. Thanks.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
It was only one model of hat that has been withdrawn, most definitely does not affect the whole of the Uvex equestrian range.

Uvex are a massive company in the safety market in all types of sport and industry with a very good name. I am pretty sure they would not want to damage that reputation in any way hence the recall

abracadabra

Visit site
No idea but the model previously called uvision has been withdrawn from the market and anyone with one has been offered a replacement hat which is a more expensive one and kitemarked for the UK market.

No, doesn't appear to be the case now reading their FB page. They say on their FB page that they aren't replacing everything, and are retrofitting some hats only.

They are certainly damaging their reputation by ignoring communications from customers, that's for sure!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Their website still says that they are replacing or retrofitting. From their web page there were two models affected, uvision (exxential) and the supersonic. My uvisions were 3 years old and without question they replaced them. I did ask if they would be retrospecitvely fitted/corrected and the answer was a very definite "no, they will be replaced"

It must be infuriating that you cannot get an answer but having seen how popular these hats are on the continent (relatively new here in the UK) I suspect they have been swamped with returns.

mil1212

Visit site
It's odd though as every email I sent them initially, before they had my hat, they replied to within the same day, now I have sent several emails over the last few weeks and have not had any sort of reply! The courier was sent within a couple of days of them having my address.
My hat was a uvision and they said they would 'check it', not mentioning that I would have a replacement or retrofit. What can we do if they do not reply to anyone? Not sure how to get my hat back :(

Leg_end

Visit site
My situation is the same as yours mil1212 - great communication, courier arrived and then nothing! I've been put in touch with someone from customer services but she hasn't replied to my email either.... So not feeling that hopeful.

noname

Visit site
My situation is the same as yours mil1212 - great communication, courier arrived and then nothing! I've been put in touch with someone from customer services but she hasn't replied to my email either.... So not feeling that hopeful.

Exactly the same for me. Collected my hat really quickly but not returned. I've had quite a few messages via facebook. Apparantly the woman supposed to be dealing with it is on holiday! Still pretty miffed, at present I was sold a potentially unsafe hat and have had it taken off me and no refund / replacement. Shame the germans don't have trading standards!

TarrSteps

Visit site
. . Shame the germans don't have trading standards!

What do you mean? Of course they have consumer protection laws. Have you checked specifically that they have no legislation regarding sale of goods? There may even be EU applicable statutes. What's even more embarrassing is they'd likely be able to help you in English!

dressage_diva

Visit site
So glad to see this thread and find out I'm not the only one!!! I seem to be in the same situation as all of you guys - they were great at communicating initially and sent a courier who collected my hat. At the time UVEX told me it would take 2 weeks to get it back - it's been almost two months now and they're ignoring all of my emails! Haven't tried phoning as my German is non-existent! I sent my uvision hat back and have heard nothing and am very annoyed as potentially being out of pocked!

If anyone finds out anything, please share!

Leg_end

Visit site
Ive had an update today - the lady who is owning this is on holiday (back on monday). Apparently there seems to be a huge issue with the UK returns and as such we have to wait for this lady to come back. I've been speaking to their head of equestrian and have been asked to be patient but I have been kicking off!

Booboos

Visit site
I'm in France and have the same problem. I contacted the retailer who responded immediately with a pre-paid post label and confirmed delivery of the hat when I sent it to them. They said it would take up to 3 weeks ot get it back to me but it was up to Uvex. It's now been 5 weeks and no news whatsoever. It's a lovely hat but they are putting me off the company!

dressage_diva

Visit site
... It's a lovely hat but they are putting me off the company!
I agree. I have previously been raving about my Uvex hat to everyone and I absolutely adore wearing it, but it's making me seriously question whether to purchase from them again in the future. I'd certainly consider other brands now when looking to replace the hat in the future.

abracadabra

Visit site
I've certainly lost confidence in a company which seemingly only has one person who can deal with this issue, who then goes off on holiday leaving customers hanging. There's no-one else in the entire company capable of dealing with this? Really?

noname

Visit site
I've certainly lost confidence in a company which seemingly only has one person who can deal with this issue, who then goes off on holiday leaving customers hanging. There's no-one else in the entire company capable of dealing with this? Really?

Exactly, unless there is a fraud going on, they have a giant stash of univisions at the head office.

The only contact I have is through facebook, I have emailed loads of addresses and had no response. If they even acknowledged my emails it would be a bonus. I have emailed different addresses!

mil1212

Visit site
It's not having a reply thats the worst thing. I have been waiting for 7 weeks for my hat back, thats a long holiday. Also, the email address is a generic one and different people have replied previously, so I guess that even if one person is on holiday others have acces to that email.

dressage_diva

Visit site
I've literally just received an email from them:

---
We are very sorry that it took so long. We had to wait for the BSI certificate for such a long time.
However a new perfexxion helmet will be sent to you tomorrow.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dinah Nigrowics
-Intern. Sales Equestrian Equipment -
---

I emailed D.Nigrowics@uvex.de as was suggested on here. It also appears that I'm receiving a perfexxion hat whereas I sent back my uvision, so it looks like a bit of an upgrade to me!

noname

Visit site
I've literally just received an email from them:

---
We are very sorry that it took so long. We had to wait for the BSI certificate for such a long time.
However a new perfexxion helmet will be sent to you tomorrow.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dinah Nigrowics
-Intern. Sales Equestrian Equipment -
---

I emailed D.Nigrowics@uvex.de as was suggested on here. It also appears that I'm receiving a perfexxion hat whereas I sent back my uvision, so it looks like a bit of an upgrade to me!

Well done! Bet you must be relieved! I've still not heard anything so tried this email address. Also posted on zebra products fb page because they are heavily promoting uvex! Tried twitter too. No luck yet.

noname

Visit site
I've just had a reply, I'm being sent a perfexxion too! Very excited to get my uvex back, being going without a hat at the moment as horse has been on light duties anyway! Fingers crossed it arrives soon. Let me know when you get yours!

mil1212

Visit site
Woohoo, got my hat today, a perfexxion has just shown up. I was told that delivery had been attempted but the courier couldn't find the address (although me and Parcelforce are quite well aquainted :p ) Hat is not quite as light as the uvision, and doesn't suit me, but is comfy! Phew. Seems like they are back on track, hope you get your hats.