Vaccinations... Confused re 6 monthly... sorry dumb post

bluepegasus

Visit site
Confused about Vaccinations... My mare had to be restarted this year, so had 1st jab in Feb, second in March, so third is due ASAP (between 150-215 days). Competition venues need 6 months (plus 7days).
The jab that she is due, as the third of her course, will that be sufficient for her "6 monthly" or does she need the 1st jab again?? Sorry I hope this makes sense! It could be that the 1st and 3rd jab are all the same vaccine, but I'm just not 100%!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the third is the last of the initial course :)
You don't need to repeat anything, you're good to go.
If you continue to go to venues requiring 6 monthly boosters then the next one after this will be in 6 months time.

bluepegasus

Visit site
Phew thanks. The more I think about it the more confused I was getting! Anyway panic over... as long as I can get her booked in as due to compete at a big venue in a couple of weeks!

Leandy

Visit site
Just make sure you don't have it within 7 days before your competition. Also, in relation to the 6 month booster point. It is within 6 months before the relevant competion. You don't have to have it within six months of the last one each time on the record. You have to be within the annual one each time, but so long as the booster is within 6 months of the competition you are ok. So you could for example still vaccinate annually and only compete within the 6 months after the vaccination. It depends a bit how often you compete, how regularly you actually have to vaccinate.