Variation on a horses name - ideas welcome.

Fools Motto

Visit site
Fingers firmly crossed I may be getting a cob. She will be kept at the yard I work at.
Her name is Gypsy Girl. Nothing wrong with her name, but we've had a Gypsy before.
Gypsy 2 doesn't float my boat, so anything else? My brain isn't on all cylinders today!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
How would you feel about shortening it to Gyp?
I wouldn't actually worry if you haven't got the original Gypsy any longer but I do understand how difficult it can be - we had two with short, rhyming names, only the initial was different. We had had one for over 15 yrs and the other was in her teens and this was the name on her passport, that she was called by, so neither could be changed.
Years ago we bought a driving pony who was called by the same shortened name as one of our others, we shortened her name differently but actually found ourselves calling her by a nickname for most of the rest of her life.

asmp

Visit site
What about Gypsy Girl in a another language? Have done this with two horses in the past to give a different spin on their names.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I was going to suggest what girl was in Romani but apparently it's "chavi" :eek:

Other suggestions

Romani
Bella - beautiful
Nina - Spanish for girl
Flicka - Also girl
Nina Bonita - pretty girl
Jolie fille - French for pretty girl
Molly
Milly