Very Graphic - Please be careful viewing this.

ArcticIce

Visit site
THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED BUT IF THERE WAS EVER A REASON TO SIGN ANY PETITION THIS IS IT.

I was sent this video and picture this morning of a horse in a Spanish Bullfight. It's truly appalling. I am not fluffy, I hunt regularly and used to shoot but I have never seen bullfighting as a 'sport' and do not see why barbarism can be defended in the name of 'Art' and 'Tradition'.

Please sign the petition as linked below - the more that do the less these poor animals will have to be subjected to this. This is not a one off situation that happened to this one horse.

Petition link - ‎ the advice being giving is that if you're not a resident, let them know you are a potential tourist and will not be visiting their country until this cruel practice is outlawed.

http://www.petitions24.com/contra_la_declaracion_de_la_tauromaquia_patrimonio_unesco

Photos and Videos further down so nobody sees them accidentally.

Video link - WARNING VERY GRAPHIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2q5YiNfAE&feature=youtu.be

415945_322840087784043_152547194813334_837898_1547768347_o.jpg

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
I saw those pics on FB yesterday. That poor, poor horse :( Shame the crowd don't react the same way when the bulls are slaughtered in front of them.

Disgraceful and disgusting.

Sophstar

Visit site
From the photo alone, I signed the petition. I didn't need a video to show this is barbaric and animal cruelty.

How is this classed as entertainment?:mad::( Can I stab the people and make them keep running round in front of an audience till they eventually drop dead?

shellonabeach

Visit site
I thought the rider looked genuinely upset about the loss of his horse until the video moved on and he was back in the ring on another one obviously taking great delight in torturing the bull.

Cruel on the horse and cruel on the bull, like a canned hunt it's hardly sport. Just horrid.

glitterbug

Visit site
I have signed, this is horrific but sadly not the first horse I have seen subjected to such horrors, the other I think was somewhere in South America but I maybe wrong.
sickening :mad:

PollyP

Visit site
Disgusting, those poor poor animals.

I'd like to leave that man in the bullring with no weapons and an angry bull and let them get their own back.

Petition signed.

ArcticIce

Visit site
They use for the bullfights old or sick horses.

Death is painful for the bulls an the horses.

Whether the horse is old or sick or not I don't find it acceptable. And tbh, watching that horse at the start of the video it's not looking old and infirm to me! It looks it prime condition.

Why would a Rejoneador risk his life on a old, unfit horse against a fit, enraged bull ?

It is, of course, incredibly sad and cruel for the bulls too. No argument there.

Jake10

Visit site
http://www.addaong.org/toros/index-en.html
A lot of money is made and jobs generated by allowing the continuation of bullfighting. You only have to look at the small changes a Spanish minister wanted to make in 06 (kill the bull humanely out of sight of the public) and the negative reaction among other government officials and those actively involved in the industry to know that a ban would be difficult.

It's all very well signing a petition and living in a different country but we are not the main stakeholders and as such our views and opinions no matter how valid are secondary to the main stakeholders.

* Should have read the petition before posting since the petition is based on the potential declaration of cultural heritage :eek: I've signed it but doubt it will change anything

Last edited:

ArcticIce

Visit site
A lot of money is made and jobs generated by allowing the continuation of bullfighting. You only have to look at the small changes a Spanish minister wanted to make in 06 (kill the bull humanely out of sight of the public) and the negative reaction among other government officials and those actively involved in the industry to know that a ban would be difficult.

Just made a few changes to your post and it seems very familiar from a few years ago pre-foxhunting ban...

A lot of money is made and jobs generated by allowing the continuation of foxhunting. You only have to look at the small changes a minister wanted to make in XX (hunt foxes humanely ) and the negative reaction among other government officials and those actively involved in the industry to know that a ban would be difficult.

Ban happened here...

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Barbaric! Saw this on FB yesterday. It's an outdated tradition that needs to stop. It's sick. But as much for the poor bulls as for the horses that get injured too.

I said on FB yesterday that it annoys me that the crowd look so horrified, yet are happy to sit there and watch a bull tortured to death! Life is life and no animal should suffer for entertainment in this way. :(

ArcticIce

Visit site
It's all very well signing a petition and living in a different country but we are not the main stakeholders and as such our views and opinions no matter how valid are secondary to the main stakeholders.

I don't agree with that.

Paddy Irish

Visit site
I didn't go to the link just saw the two photos above , this makes me sick to my stomach , i notice on the first pic , two ladies in the crowd hiding their faces , presumably unable to watch this disgusting abuse - shame on anyone paying to watch this barbaric sport!!!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Awful photo :(

I don't feel as though I can sign ( I hunt, shoot and am pro the Grand National and I feel it would be hypocritical of me to condemn other people for enjoying a blood sport when I do too) but I did want to thank you for bringing it to people's attention OP. I really dislike bull fighting :(

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Signed!! Now i'm not one to be against a lot of things but this its disgraceful!! Damn right cruel. Poor horses and bulls!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Signed. It is a disgusting and barbaric ritual. Cannot call it 'sport'. How any civilized country can do it, I don't know. I never buy anything Spanish because of it. I know many in that country are against bull fighting, but until economic pressure is put on them they will never ban it.

amandap

Visit site
I have signed many petitions against bull fighting (and many other cruel 'sports') over the years but sadly it seems (as usual) tradition and human glorification of their ability to torture and kill wins out. Nothing much will change until humans change. :(

stacey_lou

Visit site
How is this classed as entertainment?:mad::( Can I stab the people and make them keep running round in front of an audience till they eventually drop dead?

Sorry but your comment made me laugh, now theres an idea!! How can anyone enjoy watching this and your exactly right how would they like it!!

Thankfully I cannot view the photos on this PC but I can only imagine what it looks like