Very Graphic - Please be careful viewing this.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
:( :mad: :(

Sorry couldn't face the video, pics were enough to almost make me see my dinner again - and I have a strong stomach :(

Just awful, how can anyone want to go watch bullfighting is beyond me. I think the only way they would stop this is if there is a spate of human deaths as a result of bull's goring, I don't want that, but if thats what it would take to stop this permanently then I would accept it :(

Actually, having read the hunger games this makes me think of that. I'm sure many us find the idea of putting humans in an arena to fight to the death abhorrent, how much longer must we wait for this to be found the same.

A sad a sick stencilface :(

Dolcé

Visit site
So sad and so cruel. The stupid thing is that they could use the beautiful horses to make money, the way the spanish riding school does, and stop the cruelty to the bulls at the same time. Why we feel we have the right to abuse any animal in this way is beyond me, once again I feel ashamed that I am a human being!

rhino

Visit site
Icare D'Auzay died in the same way when he was "gored" at Badminton 2010

Shall we ban that too?

Yes, and so they brought in a shatterproof flag system to stop such a horrific accident ever happening again. It was 2007. I also believe death was due to a pierced artery, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/competitionnews/391/134243.html

That it happens once is awful, but when it is left to happen indeterminately.. that's different

Last edited:

Shantara

Visit site
Watching this video and ignoring the torture of the poor bull, Dolcé is totally right. They could make so much money using this wonderful horses skill! I mean, look at it! Not many horses could move like that. It's so stunning as well.

I wish they'd put an end to it, for the bulls and horses sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz8BiTtoLp8

Tonibird83

Visit site
This is very disturbing and I have a very strong stomach.

I only hope they caught the horse quickly and euthanised it as soon as possible. The rider was very clearly upset, cynically I would suspect this was because he fell off his horse and "lost" to the bull though perhaps he could have helped to catch his horse???

The bull fighting itself is cruel in my opinion and should be banned and this will certainly not have been the only horse to have been injured/killed.

The crowd are disgusted at the state of the horse but cheer the bull being harpooned and goaded whilst bleeding?? hypocritical me thinks.

I am not anti blood sports in the slightest but I do not agree with this and believe it is cruel.

And that horse is certainly not old, looks in it's prime to me!

midi

Visit site

damn.. what an amazing horse, I've never seen anything move like it.

I was never aware they used horses in bullfighting before, I can only feel despair about the whole thing, I mean how is this even aloud to go on? it's monstrous.

i found this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rPS8tlAy4

the horse that got gored in this video looks as though it was just left to die from its injuries. Disgusting.

Oh my god ..that is honestly the most shocking thing I've ever seen, going to leave this thread now.

Very welcome for a virus to wipe out the human race please :)

Last edited:

hackedoff

Visit site
Horrible isn't it. Will sign petition. One of the things that puts me of some classic trainers, sylvia loch and peter maddison greenwell being two is their veneration of bull fighting and the use of bull fighters horses as noble it isn't its sick.

Yes I'm english and anti blood sports in general.

Jake10

Visit site
The bulls never see men on foot on the ranches.

I was under the impression that the bulls were subjected to semi regular 'bravery' tests throughout their life to determine if they are 'good enough' for the ring.

If it turns out that it is impossible to ban bullfighting higher welfare options could be used such as using velcro pads on the bull and velcro tipped spears to simulate a fight. Yes there are still welfare issues but it would be a step in the right direction. Of course this option could be seen as damaging the countries cultural heritage...

Last edited:

ArcticIce

Visit site
Good Lord! What was a bull doing running around loose at Badminton??

:D:D

I can't believe there is even a vague comparison between Icare D'Auzay and this 'sport' :rolleyes:

It's not my petition but thank you all for signing and sharing.

I feel, athough I am not Anti-bloodsports that I can sign this because I don't view it as being 'sporting'. Their is no chance of the bull surviving a bull fight, the odds are weighted so heavily in favour of the humans and there is no natural way for the bull to escape or 'win'.

Not sporting.

ArcticIce

Visit site
I have purposely NOT ever bought spanish produce e.g. fruit & veg etc purely because of bullfighting, neither would I ever take a Spanish holiday.

Whilst not denigrating the work of petitions, there's nothing like hitting 'em where it hurts i.e. in the pocket.

This.

I will not be buying Spanish products either.

TrakehnerFilly

Visit site
Bullfighting is banned in Catalonia and also the Spanish Canary Islands so if these places can do it and survive then why can't the rest of Spain follow suit. I have been to Barcelona numerous times and also Salou and speaking to Catalonians they want to be completely seperate from the rest of Spain and gain independence from Spain and you can see why when things like this still occur in Spain. It is so barbaric and doesn't fit with a modern supposedly otherwise civilised society.

justforfun

Visit site
This has gone on for years and years and its disgusting that it takes a photograph of a horse with its guts hanging out to get people to listen, people should have spoken up a long time ago.

Tiffany

Visit site
Barbaric - and what a arrogant looking idiot he is. I'm sorry but I don't understand how any human being can enjoy either tormenting and killing an animal or watching it happen :eek:

Sick :mad:

Tiffany

Visit site
This has gone on for years and years and its disgusting that it takes a photograph of a horse with its guts hanging out to get people to listen, people should have spoken up a long time ago.

I think people have been speaking up for years unfortunately, the objections fall on deaf ears :(