Very sad advert

all about Romeo

Visit site
I told you earlier, weren't you listenting? :mad: :rolleyes: :D

Go to User CP > Edit Options > Scroll down to 'Number of posts to show per page' and set to 40. Scroll to bottom of page and click on 'save changes'

Et voila!

I saw it but amid all the millions of pages I lost it and couldnt find it again...:eek: I am still looking for user CP...:eek: lol

smokey

Visit site
I think you are all bulling me! You have taken over MY donkey and I haven't seen a penny for it yet :mad:

Of course you will be fully re-imbursed for the use of your donkey. Although with the costs incurred for the removal of 2nd leg, the spare wheels and plumes etc, I doubt it'll come to much. May be enough to get yourself a wee project donkey from DD, then we could drive them in pairs, although could be a problem deciding who the "wheeler" is going to be. The one with the most wheels I suppose.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Sorry martlin, you should have been a bhs gold member & you could have got free legal advice & a contract. No sympathy here. And get back & teeth checked on its return, always good advice.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Good heavens I have a couple of busy days with the dressage trainer and you lot seem to have been on IV diamond white .

smokey

Visit site
Sorry martlin, you should have been a bhs gold member & you could have got free legal advice & a contract. No sympathy here. And get back & teeth checked on its return, always good advice.

I'll have you know my care of this donkey has been second to none. We had its teeth removed to prevent any future problems, and to allow us to use the 6inch driving bit our old cart horse no longer needs. Donks back is also fine, I only ride it on its days off, and only round mountains (refer to previous post on this subject.) had him to Kwik-Fit for a full MOT and service just the other day, passed flying colours.

pookie

Visit site
Possibly. But I always think the "if I don't someone else will" arguement is a bit thin.

If there's no market, the trade dies. Every time someone gives money to a rogue dealer they're encouraging him to trade. Awful for the current stock, obviously, but it may be better in the long run if they just can't sell their poorly raised foals. :(

Believe me, I'm trying to convince myself as much as anyone. I'm practically walking distance from the foal in the ad, it's taking self control not to pick up the phone. :(

Oh no, I didn't mean I assume someone will buy it...quite the opposite. Plenty are never sold - they die or are shot and then are replaced. Lack of buyers doesn't stop these cretins. There's very little market for decent horses at the moment, let alone worm-riddled messes.

rema

Visit site
I worked in a funeral director's too, for about 5 years. Yep it is interesting, and you hear all the jokes, dead boring, bored stiff etc etc. :rolleyes:

No seriously what an interesting career...How do you go about getting into such a profession?.I have been to ALOT of family funerals (9) in the last 3 years and the people all are so respectful and nothing was too much trouble..but do you have to be a serious sort of person to do the job..You are handling someones loved one..

MrsElle

Visit site
No seriously what an interesting career...How do you go about getting into such a profession?.I have been to ALOT of family funerals (9) in the last 3 years and the people all are so respectful and nothing was too much trouble..but do you have to be a serious sort of person to do the job..You are handling someones loved one..

Found my job through the job centre. Absolutely loved the job, didn't like the company so much. If I had the money I would set up on my own, there is no better feeling than when a family thank you for making a sad occasion the very best it could be.

FionaM12

Visit site
Found my job through the job centre.

Me too! I enjoyed it a lot of the time, but it was very poorly paid and there were some aspects I didn't like. You do get very close to the families at such a time though, don't you? It's as if all the usual social barriers are down, people just let you in and are themselves when they're grieving and need practical help. That's what I found, anyway. :)

FionaM12

Visit site
How on earth do you deal with all that grief..surrounded by people that are heart broken.

Most deaths are a peaceful natural end to a long life. They're only sad to those who loved the person. The trick in working with grief is to empathise and understand but remember it's their grief, not yours. You can help, by offering practical help at a time when most people just don't know what to do.

It's a positive role, and you're helping people, so not sad at all. :)

Of course there are tragic deaths of the very young and they do affect everyone who works in the business. Mercifully they're uncommon.

MrsElle

Visit site
Most deaths are a peaceful natural end to a long life. They're only sad to those who loved the person. The trick in working with grief is to empathise and understand but remember it's their grief, not yours. You can help, by offering practical help at a time when most people just don't know what to do.

It's a positive role, and you're helping people, so not sad at all. :)

Of course there are tragic deaths of the very young and they do affect everyone who works in the business. Mercifully they're uncommon.

Spot on :) I did once have to leave a room on the pretence of having to sneeze or something while I had a good cry. I couldn't cry in front of the family as they were relying on me to be strong for them. But lots of funerals were celebrations of people's lives, and not all darkness and depression.

I loved it.

Hey, perhaps we can set up our own funeral business Fiona, think we would be pretty good at it! :D

ABC

Visit site
Haven't read all the replies but I noticed a few were aimed at me so here goes :p

First of all thanks to rhino for pm'ing me, as far as I was aware Natalie was going to view Tilly and contact me if she didn't buy her so I could arrange a viewing, as Natalie didn't contact me (no doubt the message got lost in all the replies) I assumed Tilly had been bought :)

I have since contacted the current owner and arranged a viewing, however apparently there are a couple of viewings inbetween now and my viewing so time will tell.

If I do buy Tilly I will offer her the best care I possible can, I'm not out to make any money, I simply have a field which could happily manage another horse, and it seems a waste not to use it :)

If I hear anything of course I'll keep you all updated :)

In the meantime, please carry on with your quick-witted jokes, you've made laugh :D

FionaM12

Visit site
I have since contacted the current owner and arranged a viewing, however apparently there are a couple of viewings inbetween now and my viewing so time will tell.

Out of interest, did he ask to meet in a pub car park? :confused:

Have you far to travel? If not we might be neighbours! :D