Showing Veteran showing

Isabella.thomas

New User
Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking about showing my 24 ish year old Connemara x in some veteran classes and wondering if anyone could give me advice, especially whether or not she needs to be plaited

she also has a scar on her bum from her previous home (looks like a kick that hasn’t been treated) and I was wondering if there was anything that could cover this??
Any help is greatly appreciated xxC8E86278-71BC-44E7-9670-6563A6B232F1.jpeg042713EF-FDF8-45A8-A9FD-8FA83F89798A.jpeg

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Yes plaited. I really wouldn't worry too much about the scar but you can buy horse makeup if you want to cover it. My lad is ex NH and gas a few battle scars and lumps and bumps. He won 3 out of his 4 showing classes at the weekend was 3rd in the 4th class. At local level they don't usually worry about that sort of thing. I would think you would be hard pressed to find a veteran horse without some scar or bump. I know they exist but few and far between. Hope you enjoy your show x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I went veteran showing under VHS and SSADL with my horse's whiskers fully intact with no issues. She also had lumps and bumps from past injuries and that was also overlooked :)

humblepie

Visit site
SSADL and VHS both have comprehensive rule books with various make up etc products not allowed under SSADL though was at one direct qualifier where someone was plastering not permitted baby oil over a show pony in the warm up. Pony wasn’t placed so it didn’t help them. You won’t get marked down for whiskers. I’m sure many will sport then now.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Does the fei ruling about not trimming whiskers apply to showing as well as dressage? I won't trim whiskers anyway so we went showing hairy!! Nothing was said.
My oldie has won a fair few veteran classes and the won the mature veteran in-hand and In-hand condition and turn-out at the Sunshine Tour Championships fully whiskered.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
If you do VHS veteran classes Spurs are not permitted and in most veteran classes I’ve been in you are asked to wear a disc on the bridle with their age on it.