Vets coming out :(

mynutmeg

Visit site
Feed wise I get her onto a stud balancer - given how late in the pregnancy she is (going from udders and butt) she'll need the extra protein over what you would get in a vit & min supplement but being cob type she won't need the starch and calories in a stud mix (one I looked at had 29% starch :eek:) Just introduce it slowly as I believe they can be more prone to colics in late pregnancy.
Once foal is here, if we ever get any grass, then being native she is unlikely to need a mix type of feed and will be able to continue on a balancer. My cob is in foal and my plan if she needs extra calories for feeding the foal once it's here is to add in micronised linseed to the balancer rather than a stud mix because of the starch content. Make sure she has ad-lib hay/haylage from now on as well.

Definately get the books and get reading (you'll be able to skip 1/4 - 1/2 at the start of the books as they go on about picking stallion and getting mare in foal etc)

Good luck :)

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
Haven't commented yet but have read, best of luck whatever the outcome and what will be will be - fate and all that, etc etc!
What time is the vet coming?

tessybear

Visit site
9am but I'm at school in an exam coursework thing so won't find out till gone 3ish and then its if I
Can get on a computer :eek:

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Whooooohoooo - good luck for today ! And with the coursework. :)

I think a lot of us will be disappointed if there is no Baby tess now x

Last edited:

Tnavas

Visit site
Will be eagerly awaiting the email notification from HH

Advertise foal for sale at weaning once around three weeks old - take a good photo at 3 weeks they are supposed to look very much like their adult self at that point.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I would say from those photographs that she is definitely in foal, but I think she has a few weeks to go yet.

Good luck!

TakeAChance

Visit site
Jusr read this whole thread and feeling quite excited! Good luck for today op, I know I for one will be logging back on later for an update!