Vibes for my daughter and pony please

maree t

Visit site
Thank you all so much. have just managed to get her into bed propped up with pillows, hotwater bottles etc. She has been incredibly lucky and has a bruised liver and damaged shoulder (common with jockeys apparently ) and just grazed and bruised everywhere. There is no internal bleeding and no broken bones .
She is very upset but desperate to get back riding which is good and I can control how soon that is by not getting her a new hat just yet !!.
The pony seems to have a bruised knee and fetlock but also very lucky.
So we just need to get the saddle checked and osteo to check his back. He is stiff but has been pootling around his paddock all day aand came in to several carrots and big hugs from Abby.
Bleedy scary time , no wonder I am completely grey is it.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
So glad things are not too bad, thanks for the update. It must have been hell going though that for you - when I was young, I had no idea what I put my non-horsey mum through. I'm sure they will be back to jump another jump before you can shout " BE CAREFUL " !! ;)

Dizzydancer

Visit site
So glad she is ok. Don't let her keep shoulder still for too long you don't want her to get frozen shoulder. Google pendular exercises for shoulder so she can do those even if not meant be using the arm.

Tiffany

Visit site
OMG hope your daughter is more bruised than anything, please let us know how she is tomorrow.

Bet pony was trying to avoid treaing on her when he was getting to his feet.

(((healing vibes))) for your daughter

Adopter

Visit site
So glad it is not as bad as it could have been. You are so right to get everything checked out before 'riding' re starts.

Hope you get chance to relax over weekend and start to feel better yourself, watching things happen to children is very stressful and takes some getting over.

maree t

Visit site
Thanks all, she is on arnica and painkillers so hope in a few days she will start to feel better. Still getting slightly worse as the bruising comes out. She has been given a few exercises to do with her arm and elbow to stop it seizing up.
So tired but still cant think of sleeping, its all going round in my head at the moment. She is missing so many competitions and sponsored rides she was due to do this easter , she is so cross. her pony is ok just a bit stiff and sore but out during the day moving around so he doesnt stiffen so much. he was so sweet when we managed to get her out to the yard to see him. He looked almost sheepish but she gave him a few carrots and he was just careful around her .
Thanks for all your support