Victoria Pendleton to train as a jockey

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There a great interview with her today in the Times. She didn't even really like cycling, she was just good at it and did it for her Dad. Her arms are covered with self harming scars. She hasn't cycled since she stepped off the Olympic podium. But she loves horses, is buying two, and has a drawer full of socks saying things like 'i love my pony' and can't stop herself buying pink matchy. She is living the childhood she never had. I am so pleased for her.

HashRouge

Visit site
I'm sure I'd heard that she didn't really like cycling before. I'm really glad she's fallen in love with horses, just like the rest of us! Hope she continues enjoying them in the future :)

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Her former mount is running in the Foxhunters, another jockey. Its a bit of carnage, as they turn for home, Pascha de Polda is losing ground, he does not stay.
On the Fringe wins for the second year, Jamie Codd up, Enda Bolger.

Last edited:

asterope

Visit site
Her former mount is running in the Foxhunters, another jockey. Its a bit of carnage, as they turn for home, Pascha de Polda is losing ground, he does not stay.
On the Fringe wins for the second year, Jamie Codd up, Enda Bolger.

He looks a dream to ride though and so well-mannered - I was particularly impressed by how relaxed he seemed when having to wait at the start.

Visit site
What happened after Cheltenham? There was talk of VP riding at Aintree.
Two horses put down in that race, so I think she was best out of it.

The jockeys have to have completed and won a certain number of chases and have another part to their licence before they can ride over the National fences. So unless she rode in every chase every day between Cheltenham and Aintree she would never have made the line up.

The 2 horses that were put down broke down on the flat between fences not because they fell.