Vile people part II *disturbing*

Sooty

Visit site
Last month, a 17 year old girl, Du’a Khalil Aswad, was killed in Iraq - stoned to death by her own male family members and others because she was seeing a boy from a different religion. She was stripped from the waist down, kicked, and pelted with rocks for half an hour before someone killed her by dropping a lump of concrete on her head. This has all been in the news, but the best bit? You guessed it - you can watch her execution on YouTube. I despair...

Chex

Visit site
Its just shocking how different things can be in other countries
frown.gif
. How can pride and appearance (or whatever it is) be so important that you would kill your own family member to protect it, just sickening
mad.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Last month, a 17 year old girl, Du’a Khalil Aswad, was killed in Iraq - stoned to death by her own male family members and others because she was seeing a boy from a different religion. She was stripped from the waist down, kicked, and pelted with rocks for half an hour before someone killed her by dropping a lump of concrete on her head. This has all been in the news, but the best bit? You guessed it - you can watch her execution on YouTube. I despair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, there are no words.....
frown.gif

Sooty

Visit site
Apparently everyone in the sizeable crowd who had a mobile phone! The only voice to have been heard criticising is that of Amnesty, and it isn't even on the front page of their website any more.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
That is just sick ! When are these people finally going to wake up about human rights? That was murder. Cold blooded murder and imo those responsible should hang!
Cazx
frown.gif

_April_

Visit site
I read about that the other week, it's completely appalling. I think her bf is still on the run.

The other day when I was in Tesco they were showing Sky News on their large flat screens which are dotted around all the store and it had on it those tigers in China.
Was so awful and I couldn't get away from seeing parts of it as the TV screens are everywhere. I know thats a bit dramatic but I really don't want to watch things like that!

sunflower

Visit site
That is disgraceful. There need to be serious rules about what can and can't be posted on youtube, I can't believe that anyone would actually want to watch things like this
frown.gif
I know you can report things to youtube but there should be some way to prevent them from being posted in the first place.

Eccles

Visit site
That's so appalling. I saw it in the papers - which was bad enough. Can't the people that run Youtube stop this kind of thing from going on their site??
mad.gif

ISHmad

Visit site
I'm getting pretty sick of You Tube tbh. They had a clip on there of Chinese people cooking and eating babies apparently. We live in a very sick, sad world when things like the murder of this poor young woman is filmed and stuck on the web. What kind of people watch these things?

Makes me ashamed to be part of the human race when you read of things like this, it really does.

polyphonic

Visit site
This is just a QR. This really reflects the people in society of today. The videos are posted as "supply and demand". There are people who will watch these videos for the sheer sake of watching it, not knowing the truth, horror and undermiming respect for life people have. These are the same people, who could never fully understand or grasp just how awful life treats its fellows. The video on youtube Ive been told doesnt show her dying but the initial attack on her, which is the footage that CNN showed their viewers. The video was posted not to be informative but to act as source of entertainment. This entertaining video is the from the same video box as saddams hanging, Nick Bergs' beheading and the afghan woman who was shot dead in a football stadiu. Youtube have a moral responsibilty to remove these videos from the site. I'm sure the youtube founders would of taken a different view of this should this of been a family member who had tragically had their life cut short

TGM

Visit site
I read that story in the paper and was absolutely appalled by it. As for it being on YouTube - do you know whether it was posted as 'entertainment' or whether someone was trying to highlight how terrible these atrocities are? I wouldn't want to watch it anyway, but if making the video available to the public draws attention to the case and perhaps could help stop this sort of thing happening, then, just perhaps, there may be some justification for it.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oh jeez. How bloody awful. You Tube scares me nowadays - I thought it didn't show death or anything too disturbing. But I clicked on some airshow accident video last week. I didnt think it had killed spectators until the video focused in on bodies everywhere. Its probably the most sick thing I have ever seen. Cant get the images out of my head now, even though I turned it straight off as soon as I saw that bit!

It's very sad that these murders are seen as "entertainment". It's worrying as I think it softening people to death, possibly bringing more murderers to the surface. It is very very shocking what still goes on round the world though. But at the same time, because these things still happen in those religeons - I have to ask WHY did she allow herself to get attached to this boy of a different faith. If its a matter of life or death then sadly I think it was unwise. I think those men should be lined up and stoned to death as she was.

Sooty

Visit site
Totally agree. Your posts raises the question of how much responsibility do video host sites have to take for what they post, and how dehumanised have some people actually become? I didn't watch the footage so didn't know the actual death wasn't shown. It does disturb me that people are seeming to have diffciulty differentiating between films where actors pretend to die, and RL footage of actual deaths.

Sooty

Visit site
Well the link was posted in the Popbitch gossip email, which is all about entertainment... It was entitled 'Honor Killing in Iraq', which doesn't sound particularly condemning. Judging by the spelling, it was possibly posted by someone in America.

Eccles

Visit site
It concerns me that the more people view these kinds of images, the less shocked they will become (err, not me, as I don't want to watch them in the first place). There are seriously twisted people in the world and in a way Youtube is making these images accessible and mainstream. Ok in that it highlights the plight of some people but that argument falls flat on its face when they also show videos of fatal accidents. We know these happen anyway!
mad.gif

evsj

Visit site
The evil that men do. Aside from the hiddeousness of these acts, I think it is so worrying that children can see all this stuff when they are surfing the web, it's going to steal their innocence. I get very depressed when I think of how evil some humans are both for committing such atrocities and wanting to watch them.

Chex

Visit site
I'm more worried about what CNN thought fit to show. I watched their coverage, and it was horrific, I still can't get the image out of my head (my own fault for watching I know). Posting a video on youtube is one thing, but showing it on a popular news channel? Thats far worse IMO.

The video showed lots of people filming it on their phones, it showed security people (police maybe?) just standing around watching. The crowd seemed to enjoy it, its just so so wrong
frown.gif

evsj

Visit site
I am gald I have not seen it, or any other the other sick films floating around these days. CNN should expect lots of complaints in this case and should be made to donate to amnesty or something.
I'm a bit of an IT biff so haven't really used youtube yet but if this sort of stuff is being released on there surely some sort of body should be set up to regulate images. I know, youtube is all about freedom but no-one should be allowed to load this sort of stuff onto it.