Vivaldi / Sandro hit

flippa_t

Visit site
Any thoughts on this breeding? It’s a nice seeming dressage youngster with Sandro hit as dam sire.
Temperament will be key as it’s for an experienced amateur.
Thanks

ihatework

Visit site
Well it’s likely to be a highly refined athletic athlete.
You have a mix of Krack C, Jazz, Sandro Hit - all of which are outstanding sires, but all of which can have quite a bit about them.

How old is the horse, what is it currently showing under saddle, what did the dam do?

I think any amateur buying this type of blood mix is going to need to be a competitive, ambitious amateur already with plenty of experience in the dressage ring. With a training system that’s already semi established and the funds to support the horses development.

If that’s you - great, enjoy!
If it’s not, don’t underestimate what a handful training this type of horse could be

flippa_t

Visit site
Thanks. Yes I’m competitive and ambitious, competing Advanced Medium BD and looking for something that can go further. Have support of professionals but likewise also like to train and do my own horses and give them a varied life…. So don’t want a complete nutter!
Horse is 4yrs, been out to a few shows and apparently behaved perfectly and has a super temperament… but as you always have to take anything someone selling horses says with a pinch of salt, it’s helpful to get opinions on the breeding.
I wouldn’t buy jazz direct. I have heard that SH on the dam line throws more “amateur friendly” offspring but not sure if there is any truth in that?

ihatework

Visit site
Well I suppose the best you can do is evaluate the horse in front of you with your trainer and go from there, irrespective of the breeding.

Although if it helps, in my fairly limited experience, the shitty Sandro Hits I have known have been direct sire.

I know a young Dream Boy (son of Vivaldi) x SH dam and he is a complete and utter doll, very amateur friendly. But that is n=1!!

flippa_t

Visit site
Thanks that’s helpful! I’ll go and have a look… it’s a few hours away so I just wanted to check I wasn’t bonkers for making the journey! :)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Well I suppose the best you can do is evaluate the horse in front of you with your trainer and go from there, irrespective of the breeding.

Although if it helps, in my fairly limited experience, the shitty Sandro Hits I have known have been direct sire.

I know a young Dream Boy (son of Vivaldi) x SH dam and he is a complete and utter doll, very amateur friendly. But that is n=1!!

I saw quite a few of them come to a neighbouring yard to be started and yup!!

Northern

Visit site
Agree with ihatework. SH has a reputation and the really tricky ones I know have him as their direct sire.
However everyone here (Aus) I have spoken to are in agreement that having him further back mellows the traits a bit and do make for rideable and competitive horses. I guess you will just have to go and look! The Vivaldis I know of here seem to be lovely horses.