Wales weekend away

Clodagh

Visit site
Can any of you Welsh people suggest a really pretty seaside twon with a good hotel that would be a nice place to go for a weekend away? Scenic surroundings, boats (parked is fine) and a quality hotel that sells edible (not Michelin) food.
Youngest son went to Aberystwyth and said it was very pretty - was he right?

JillA

Visit site
Aberystwyth is more of a university town these days and the beaches are mostly pebble, the harbour isn't part of the centre of town. Aberaeron is known for its harbour, as is Newquay but I can't tell you about hotels etc. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?

Clodagh

Visit site
Aberystwyth is more of a university town these days and the beaches are mostly pebble, the harbour isn't part of the centre of town. Aberaeron is known for its harbour, as is Newquay but I can't tell you about hotels etc. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?

I have no faith in tripadvisor with all the paid for reviews, so I thought I would try on here. I will look at Aberaeron. :). Thank you.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Pembs/Freshwater West is very nice with some great places to eat. St Davids and Solva are very pretty with boats too :). If we're going that way I generally book an AirBnB and then find somewhere to eat whenever we're hungry - that might be a better option than finding a hotel with decent food.

Lacuna

Visit site
Second Aberaeron - had lunch last weekend at the Cellar, lovely Fish & chips

Also have a look into Pembroke (for the Castle), Cardigan (pretty river and rspb reserve) or Barmouth (lovely sandy beaches and hills)

Clodagh

Visit site
OK. Very bad planning it is half term in Wales next week. But we have booked the Harbourmaster for Weds and Thurs night (only ones they can do) and will stay in Ludlow or somewhere on the way over.
Now I need to make sure the dogs know how to look after a teenage boy and three elderly parents...