Walking 100 miles a month with horse

Highflinger

Visit site
I have seen this on the Internet but not sure what it involves as the link wouldn't load! Has anyone done this & if so what did you think ?

Reactions: DD

skint1

Visit site
wow thats a lot! In principle I can see the merit but what a lot of money! I mean, you could just walk 100miles with your horse independently and get something from it if you wanted

chaps89

Visit site
$894 If you go for the full package ?

It doesn't actually really say what's involved, just ground work exercises you can do even if you're short on time?!
So what is special about it that you can't pick up a £15 book of groundwork exercises and follow and not get the same result?

skint1

Visit site
Looking at the Facebook posts doing the rounds, it looks like you can do it anywhere, fields, roads, wherever. I guess the idea is to bond with your horse on the ground which will in theory transfer to the saddle at some stage (But I could have this wrong, I am not paying to find out :) )

paddy555

Visit site
wow thats a lot! In principle I can see the merit but what a lot of money! I mean, you could just walk 100miles with your horse independently and get something from it if you wanted

incredible. I do around an hour long reining and other bits of walking in hand and exercises etc which must be around 3.5 miles and I do it most days so a reasonable mileage over a month. (I am doing it until I can ride him at 5)
I can see lot of advantages and it does do a lot for the horse BUT I do it for free!!!!!
I cannot imagine paying for the privilege of walking that far each month. Surely you don't have to be very bright to work out how to do it yourself at zero cost. :rolleyes:

luckyoldme

Visit site
I loved long reining. .im not sure if i was any good at it but i had a young percheron x and we walked for miles. It really was great fun. Very envious of you paddy. it was a great time in my life .

tiga71

Visit site
I'm not quite sure why anyone would pay to do this.
I am aiming to do it with my older horse as he has just had his shoes off and I am transitioning him to barefoot. So I will be doing lots of in hand work and long reining over the next few months. I am looking forward to it but don't think I need to pay anyone for a program.

paddy555

Visit site
I loved long reining. .im not sure if i was any good at it but i had a young percheron x and we walked for miles. It really was great fun. Very envious of you paddy. it was a great time in my life .

yes mine is really benefiting and it seems to do exactly the same as riding a youngster and we are now getting all the glitches of young horse riding out of the way. As long as you can get out of a school and into the countryside they do seem to love it.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Try taking the image used to accompany the paragraph beginning "Hi. I’m Elaine Heney..."

You'll find it's used for "The Horsemanship Summit", the "Spanish Riding Challenge" and "Lateral Work Training". All of them look like they are targetted at Americans with more dollars than brain cells.

HuffPost describes her as "an online entrepreneur [who] has published over 300 mobile apps", rather than as an equestrian.

Theocat

Visit site
What complete nonsense. It's a month long challenge, but you do it in 14 days. It's 100 miles (that would take an hour a day) but actually you can just do groundwork and it's suitable even if you're pushed for time. And best of all, it will "save you up to three lifetimes" - er, What?!

I agree with Roast Beef - this is aimed at rich Americans, who are scared of their horses.