Want to guess the breed mix of FL's new kitten?

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I brought home a new kitten today, and I thought I would let people guess her breed mix if anyone wants to. Dad is purebred, and mum is a green eyed mix between two others breeds. I'm thinking I might reveal the answer around 24 hours after posting this.

qtarPaAe_o.jpg

wMJ6AHAr_o.jpg

I haven't 100/% decided on her name, but I'm leaning towards Essy, a nickname for Estrid. I've never had a green eyed cat before, but unless the light is tricking me, it looks like her eyes are more green than yellow.
So far she's both growled, and hissed quite loudly at seeing Blomma, and Fröjdis not understanding her reaction was about Blomma, started hissing back... Oh, and she's not only eaten some of her kitten food, without I've also seen her eat a little bit or two of our cat litter. I'm guessing she's used to another type of cat litter.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Green eyes is the most common in the UK FL, I'm really interested that it's yellow in Sweden. She's definitely green at the moment, and stunningly gorgeous.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Green eyes is the most common in the UK FL, I'm really interested that it's yellow in Sweden. She's definitely green at the moment, and stunningly gorgeous.

That's interesting. But do you mean genuinely green, or do you mean hazel = yellow with green hue? I've always heard that shades of yellow to amber, closely followed by hazel are the overall most ordinary cat eye colours.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That's interesting. But do you mean genuinely green, or do you mean hazel = yellow with green hue? I've always heard that shades of yellow to amber, closely followed by hazel are the overall most ordinary cat eye colours.

Every moggie (unspecified breeding) cat we've ever had (11) were true green eyes (to my eyes at least) except one. My last ginger had amber eyes.

one of my current two.

image.jpg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think Norwegian Forest Cat but I don’t know what else. I’m trying type with a Forest cat on my lap 🙄

I need to see photos of said Forest Cat 😍 we had a moggy when I was a teenager and we suspect she had FC in her - absolutely gorgeous breed, love their little chirrups and personality - if I had a massive house I'd have ragdolls and forest cats, maybe a couple of Siberians too!

palterwell

Visit site
I‘ve never managed to put a photo on here ! i adopted Max last year, I didn’t know anything about Norwegian Forest cats but when I saw him I knew he was coming home with me. He’s black and huge now but he was completely hairless when I first saw him. He is the best companion ever 🐈‍⬛

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Okay, time for the reveal, 3 people have mentioned 2 of the breeds involved, @julesjoy , @P3LH , and @splashgirl45 .

Dad is purebred Ragdoll.
Mum is Russian Blue + Birman, looks almost like a purebred Russian Blue with emerald green eyes, but with a bit of longer, fuzzier hair on her body.
That's why the green eyes where a hint, according to what I've read, most Russian Blues have emerald green coloured eyes (and they don't get their adult eye colour until 4-6 months old).

As a mix breed it's of course a bit more difficult to guess her adult size @Surbie , but I don't think she's going to get that big.

Please send Essy's most kindest regards to Carrie Cat @Ratface for offering to share info on how to turn humans into slaves, but it lives a big monster with fur in a lion cut called Blomma in this home, and I'm at the moment fully occupied with trying to figure out if she eats kittens or not.

Anyhow, here's a picture of Essy sitting in Blomma's food bowl (probably trying to check what it is Blomma actually eats), for anyone who comes back to this thread to find out the answer to her mix of breeds.

VdG00jeA_o.jpg