WAR HORSE

welshies

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, interesting mix, part of me really wants to see it and in a way kind of think we owe it to our nags to do so but then i am a massive wimp with stuff like that! can't even watch the bit in the horse whisperer where the horses get hit, or when horses fall in racing! And if i hear/see any bad news such as cruelty cases on TV i hide my head in the sand and won't listen, i know thats really bad but i find it really hard to deal with, like someone else said it plays on my mind for days. Think i'll start with the book and see how we go from there, and the stage one looks amazing!

I have a welshie too so makes it even more real i think, know way he'd pull a canon i can tell you!

Let us know what you think of it everyone that's going to watch!

thanks

FineFilly86

Visit site
is it better in the theatre than the cinema?!? Im not sure when the film is out? someone told me it was Jan 13th?!?! My friend has seen it in London at the theatre and said it was magical. Apparently the puppetiers mimic the movments perfectly! right down to the ears. :)

Rita

Visit site
Saw it when we were just in the States. It was terrible. Beyond cheesy. The lack of believability in the core characters - the boy and his horse - ruined the rest of the movie.

Really.... how to teach a young Thoroughbred to plow a field.........sniff, sniff... please Joey... you can do it! Never before harnessed, haltered or otherwise broken youngster now standing stockstill, hitched to plow, refusing to go forward. Please Joey...we must plow the field or lose the farm... come on boy... Finally with trembling hand... boy lifts the ....wait for it... the boy lifts the WHIP! Gasp! Tears flow.... Rest assured... Joey the young and valient Thoroughbred plows the field and saves the farm. Phew!

By the end, I wanted to shoot both boy and his horse... really the misery needed ending. lol!

Ok, others will love it... but not for us.

Last edited: