Warhorse Show - has anyone seen it?

npage123

Visit site
I saw the trailer of Warhorse, which is now playing in London. Has anyone seen the show, and if so, would you recommend it? Thanks :)

LazyS

Visit site
I went last week for my 50th - it was brilliant, and sad - but good news only used 2 tissues! Problem was I started with the tears right at the beginning when the horse was only a foal!
My friend that I took with me was trying not to cry and give her her due she nearly succeeded. Well worth a day out but nice to get out into a field the next day and be the only 'human' in it! :)

horserugsnot4u

Visit site
Great book and my teenage daughter went with school and said it was absolutely fantastic (tissues definitely required!). Since then she keeps on about us all going to see it but not yet got around to buying tickets - I'm not keen on travelling into London and keep hoping it might do the rounds nationally.

HihoGinger

Visit site
It's absolutely superb!
A real Black beautyesque tear jerker, and beautifully brought to life.
Agree about the tissues. From the minute little foaly Joey came out, right til the end I was sobbing my head off...much to the OH's embarassement. I think the music didn't help though. Very mournful, but in a good way!

If you do go, pay attention to the horses when they aren't centre stage. The attention to detail is excellent, and they groom, and fidget just like real horses.

Can't recommend this highly enough :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
It is wonderful. Think the Lion King crossed with Black Beauty. I couldn't believe the detail in the puppeteering. Couldn't believe I cried over a bit of metal! See it if you can.

jokadoka

Visit site
I'd love to go and see it but I just know I would bawl my eyes out and that is kind of stopping me :-(

I wouldn't let that stop you. We went to see it last year and there wasn't a dry eye in the house, yep, men, women and children were all at it. It was fab, you've just got to go!!!

loopyloop

Visit site
OH bought tickets for Xmas, we're going on the 27th May, I am beyond excited already!!

I know I'm going to cry from beginning to end, it reassures me to know I won't be the only one!!

Milanesa

Visit site
hi, i went to see it with my other half, and it was amazing, i would definately go and see it! such a great story, and the actors really make it come to life, with some amazing signing and acting- definately go and see it!! x

HashRouge

Visit site
I'm another one who cried as soon as baby Joey appeared on stage! The book was one of my favourite books when I was younger - I remember finding an old battered copy of it in our school library when I was about 7 and devouring it from start to finish. It was a lovely edition, with a beautiful cover. None of the modern copies, including the one I own, are as nice, but I can't seem to find this copy even second hand. The only thing that annoyed me was that when we went to see the play we discovered that he (Michael Morpurgo) had written a sequel to War Horse. My sister and I both insisted on being bought a copy for Christmas, but when we read it we found that quite a few details in regards to Joey's back story were wrong :confused:. It was as though MM had watched the play instead of re-reading his own book when he wrote it! The play does make some quite significant changes (like Albert joining the army when really he was in the veterinary corps) and I just couldn't understand why I seemed to be reading a sequel to the play and not to the book.