Water buckets on EVA mats advice needed

Rosiebelle

Visit site
Hi

I am just about to put down EVA mats in my horses stable. Never used them before so all a big learning curve. The mats will cover the entire stable. At the moment he has a large stubbs container for his water, when full it is quite heavy. I am concerned this might flattened the eva mat in that area. Any ideas on water storage been looking at the hanging wall buckets.

Thanks

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had a trug tub on EVA matting, the type that fits 3 1/2 buckets of water in. It did not damage the matting.

I refer these to Stubbs containers as they don't have any metal fittings to get tangled with. I do clip the handle of the trug to the wall, with a smooth carabiner clip, or padlock (for one joker of a horse). That way it is all smooth and no chance of lips or legs being caught.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i have gigantic water buckets on EVA mats (I call them their swimming pools ;))
never caused a problem with the mats.

Squirily

Visit site
Ive not had any problems with large water buckets damaging EVA mats. I have automatic drinkers in most of my stables now, but have had to resort back to buckets with one who plays with the drinker and floods his stable. I did find the mats slippery to walk on when very wet (he manages to to wash away all bedding too!) Horse never slipped because mats are soft enough to sink into a little, but it is slippery with human feet in wellies. I've never had the slippery problem in any other stable, just the one with the water mad horse

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Ive not had any problems with large water buckets damaging EVA mats. I have automatic drinkers in most of my stables now, but have had to resort back to buckets with one who plays with the drinker and floods his stable. I did find the mats slippery to walk on when very wet (he manages to to wash away all bedding too!) Horse never slipped because mats are soft enough to sink into a little, but it is slippery with human feet in wellies. I've never had the slippery problem in any other stable, just the one with the water mad horse
can relate to this! I have a hay dunker and find her dribble spot in between hay and waterbucket very slippery! She is fine though :rolleyes: