We did it ! Our first freestyle to music !

Notimetoride

Visit site
This week a lifelong ambition was achieved and I rode my first ever FSM. It's been quite hard work putting together a floorplan, filming it, sending off for the music to be added etc etc (I don't have a 60m so meant a trip out each time) but in the end it was so worth it. Can honestly say it's far more fun than standard tests and I believe my horse even enjoys it too. I need to seriously polish my test but we can now work on that. Loved it !!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
congratulations :D have you got another outing planned?

I love riding to music but unfortunately Kira doesn't! Will have to find a way of getting some outside speakers so she gets used to it :p

Notimetoride

Visit site

I love riding to music but unfortunately Kira doesn't! Will have to find a way of getting some outside speakers so she gets used to it :p

Aw I'm sure she could get used to it. I've been using one of those watch speaker things, even just for schooling. Yes, we've got two more to do in the next few weeks. See if we can improve our scores slightly (even without a decent medium trot).

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Arabi one of my Arabs is so funny at some of the Arab shows they play music in the the warm up if it's indoor and as we went round he used to look up at the speakers, I have even had people stop and talk to me about it, he was very young then and his not been shown indoors for some years now but I wonder if he would still do it his 14 now.

They are kept at home and we often play music outside and he doesn't seem to pay any attention to it and I always have the radio on when I am mucking out, maybe start with a little radio on while your riding in the school.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
well done :D

MP it's a ginger welsh thing ;) :D

Hmm. could be right. She's fine with the radio and background music at shows, but for freestyles the venues near me seem to have it turned up to "extra blasty" and she gets frightened :eek:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
he has been known to hate it at shows, especially if it gets too housey ;). he is not great with a beat. He went all ridiculous bouncing on the spot in the indoor collecting area for unaff sj once years and years ago and I couldn't work out what was up to him.. if summer I'd have presumed a horsefly, we'd been stood their a while under the speaker but the music changed. He hates electrical pylons too and if white noise comes out of a PA system not good.

Obviously I have made him go out and do music stuff, he is usually ok first test but has a meltdown in the second, so we tend to do novice in a snaffle first then elem in the double ;). I have been known to put not too loud on my CD!

This is why I should have thought more about this before doing the evening performance in september because him and the prodigy firestarter are never going to work!!