We found her!

JM07

Visit site
please, dont anyone here, try to "rescue" "save" "steal" or even worse "buy" this pony...

please, let the ILPH deal with it.......you have "found" her, so let them deal with it.......

if you steal it...you will end up in court,

if you buy it...how many others are like this?????

it's NOT your problem......

go down the legal channels..the new "Animal welfare" laws are, IMO pretty good....go after them with that.....

JM07

Visit site
that's what i'm saying katy....if anyone goes in there to rescue this mare....they will feel the long arm of the law.

it's a no-win situation.....

Visit site
i do agree though that nothing will be done, they will not take the filly off them and they will not prosecute them. i understand that it is dangerous, but even if one night she accidently escapes from the field and ends up in a box headed off to a new life, who would the gypsys have to report it to. No one. No one will listen, not the ilph, not the rspca and not the police. why would they help the gypsies when the gypsys do not cooperate with them?

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i do agree though that nothing will be done, they will not take the filly off them and they will not prosecute them. i understand that it is dangerous, but even if one night she accidently escapes from the field and ends up in a box headed off to a new life, who would the gypsys have to report it to. No one. No one will listen, not the ilph, not the rspca and not the police. why would they help the gypsies when the gypsys do not cooperate with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

the gypsies do not need the "law"...threads like these prove that..

they are/have a vast network....this pony would soon be spotted...and believe me, someone would somehow "pay".......
they abide by completely different "rules" to the rest of us

DON'T get involved with/or upset "gypsies/travellers"

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I'm disappointed by the lack of action taken by the ILPH so far, I always had far more faith in them than the RSPCA. Particularly as I suspect the field officer you are dealing with is the one who used to visit my ILPH pony. He was always very good, and helped me make the decision to have her pts when her quality of life began to suffer , if my mare was losing quality of life (and I do agree it was the right time) god knows what you could say about this poor mare. Anyway, count me in if we are e-mailing ILPH to put pressure on them.
Good luck, horses need more people like you and your sis.

snurse

Visit site
Can't do much to help here, but really really good luck. I'm glad you've got the balls to make a fuss. It makes me totally mad that no one (I mean the authorities) will tackle the gypsy problem. And don't anyone start on about their rights. They forfeit those when they stop paying taxes, council tax, rent, etc etc. When they steal whatever they fancy, including animals. When they ill treat the animals they've got. When they set themselves up as some glamourous alternative life style, or even a different race. They are thugs and thieves and need dealing with.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Brightinsel was formerly known as Brighteyes I always remember that because I loved the song as a kid and it's one of the earliest films I can remember going to see at the pictures as a child.
Getting back to the OP though I also know the field officer involved with this case as he was the same one who dealt with the one I reported back in the summer.
Lou and Tor have there been any new developments as regards to the filly?
Has the field officer been to visit and has anything been discussed which will result in this filly being rescued from her appalling condition and situation?
If you would rather not say publicly please pm me as I am very concerned ( like a lot of people) about her
frown.gif

Sorry I am so late in posting on here today but OH was off work today (rota) and hogged the pc all day so could not post on here until now.
Cazx

Suzibn

Visit site
Please,
You all know that myOH and me are rescue nuts, but please be careful. The press is your best out. But if necessary couldn't we all just post the ILPH if we had enough information to do so?
I don't think copy and paste things work nearly so well as everyone writing a letter in their own words...something to the effect of what the hell are we contribulting to you for?
Well, not exactly like that, but you know a bit more subtle and ladylike?
You're right JMO7 though we disagree about most things in this I believe you are right. We need these people to be prosecuted. We aren't talking about a horse in another country, we are talking about a British horse. I know a lot of English History, and I know a lot about what the Brits were like during WWII...the Nazi's didn't win because the Brits decided they wouldn't. They didn't say, oh well, we can't win either.
We aren't goiing to let a bunch of Travelers who won't abide by Brit law tell us how our laws mean nothing and they can get away with murder again and again.
Also be careful about providing food and water, despite what your heart tells you to do. Take her water at night, when they are sure to be asleep, take her feed but make sure not a trace is left behind. If the ILPH or RSPCA come out and find any evidence that this horse has been taken care of, even by YOU, they will have to say the horse is being provided for. Been there, done that with the American lot.
As to just taking her, well, I probably would too under the circumstances, but please think of your other animals, the way these people get around, know things, my OH says they can even trace your home address by taking down your car or lorry number. You don't want your other animals maimed or killed in the end. I know this is how they win, but be smarter than to just take her. MAKE the authorities listen, and all of us here will help.
Love ya
Suzi

wilder

www.parkviewsaddlery.com
be very careful when dealing with travellers like jm07 said they have a vast network and will find you, and you will put your own animals at risk so please be careful as for selling the mare if they know you want it even if she is in a state they will try and get the highest price
it is false information that if you feed and water an animal in distress the ilph cannot still take it, they will ask you if the owner has told you to do this and if not they can take her
don,t forget the new animal welfare laws now state an animal needs not just food and water but an adequate quality of life and they can take it if this is not being done
my heart goes out to you,s and this little filly and i agree something must be done but please stay in the law as you will only end up prosecuted and travellers on your back to boot
good luck with her

Suzibn

Visit site
Thanks for the info ParkView Saddlery,
I didn't even stop to think about the "quality of life" thing. And it is fantastic to know that it is legal to feed and water an animal in distress and the RSPCA or ILPH won't step back like they do in America. Still even if you chose to feed and water her, these people might object and you will still be putting yourself in danger.