We have a baby clydesdale!

Po Knee

Visit site
Such a pretty girl. And so CLEAN!! As the owner of two mud monsters I do envy clean dry white legs in winter...

I too love the idea of an ongoing thread - let's keep it going everyone :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Here we go with some pics....the first two were sent to me before I viewed her. The second two were taken yesterday morning. Believe me under that fluff there is nothing.

Good news though, her worm count has come back as <50epg. No eggs seen. When she can eat from a bucket I'll worm her with panacur 5 day guard to cover the tapeworm and red worm situation she may have.

Oh I love her! If no-one else has said, panacur doesn't do tape.

cblover

Visit site
Just back from checking her. She's all settled until we get there, then wants out. Bless her. She's eaten her hay up so I topped that up and she's been lying down. She's got shavings all over her belly. Lol

chillipup

Visit site
She's a stunning little girl CBL, absolutely beautiful and a very pretty name for a very pretty baby. I'm so pleased for you both :)

LittleGinger

Visit site
I'll be honest, I only opened this thread to see pictures! She looks lovely and I have enjoyed reading about her, too - she is a lucky girl. She must feel like she's dreaming, with all this hay and a nice shavings bed! Agree with the comment about her long hind legs - she's going to be huge, isn't she?

I hope you keep us updated on her progress.

cblover

Visit site
Off soon to do the last check of the night. She was a bit better going into her stable tonight, not happy though but did it anyway. On Monday afternoon, we're going to put up a stable mirror for her in that hope that helps her a bit. Bless her!!

I know she's got long legs and big joints but it's so hard to imagine her being a big horse....can't wait to see the finished article.

Morag4

Visit site
N
Off soon to do the last check of the night. She was a bit better going into her stable tonight, not happy though but did it anyway. On Monday afternoon, we're going to put up a stable mirror for her in that hope that helps her a bit. Bless her!!

I know she's got long legs and big joints but it's so hard to imagine her being a big horse....can't wait to see the finished article.

Only another 7ish years to see the final finished article ;) my lad is still growing and developing at 6 and is bum high again! LOL she is going to be an absolute sweetheart enjoy hun.

AdorableAlice

Visit site

You have quite a wait yet ! but time flies.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
great to see you have a bit of happiness after your tragedy...she is lovely and agree with everyone a thread showing her progress would be great. I read adorable alice's thread every night and have really enjoyed seeing ted grow up, would love to see mary valentine grow up as well...good luck and enjoy!!!

cblover

Visit site
You mean I can't ride her next year? .......awwwww but I really want to! Lol. Ok, maybe the year after. Ha ha!!!

cblover

Visit site
I'm wondering if she needs a rug on. But I'm torn between doing that and scaring her trying to put one on. She's in every night so I'm hoping she'll be ok. I don't want to go backwards with her progress.

I've also ordered Sarah Weston's book no fear, no force. I've plenty horse experience but there is no harm in learning a bit more about how my ickle baby is feeling.

Brummyrat

Visit site
She's adorable and as others have said, Im so happy she found you. Please keep us updated how you both get on, I for one will be looking out for your posts. Good luck xxx

Tnavas

Visit site
She'll be fine without a rug. Mine is out 24/7 year round naked. Give her plenty of hay and come spring she'll lose her deep coat, put on weight and look a million dollars.

Are you planning to show her. It's great fun and braiding in the colours takes lots of practise to perfect.

To protect her feather when the farrier comes buy some tubigrip bandages, the wide ones, then pull them on over her feet and take her feather upwards to prevent it being rasped off.

cblover

Visit site
I do plan to show her...believe it or not under all that I think she's good enough to show. Lol. Might be next year though.

I've noticed her hooves turn ever so slightly upwards, although a good shape now and not long at all. I reckon that's when she's been twitched...to get them done in a hurry and they were most probably really long. My heart bleeds for her.

I'm off to turn her out now with Tor. Raining here too.

cblover

Visit site
Just got to tell you all this...tonight she went into her stable with no probs at all and was settled straight off. Plus she ate from the scoop tonight. Bri held it up for her and she ate the Alfa A that was in it. Awwwww what a sight, it made my day.

DD

Visit site
re worming Panacur 5 a day does treat tapeworm it treats other worms and encysted red worm.
speak to your vet about tapeworm treatment you may have to wait til shes older and heavier. Shes gorgeous BTW

Apercrumbie

Visit site
She is beautiful and what a lovely name! I wouldn't worry too much about hard feed for the moment as it may overload her digestive system. Hay, hay and lots of grass will do the trick. Some speedibeet and grass nuts be fine once she's put on a bit of weight. Honestly, with the spring grass just round the corner, she will be completely transformed in a matter of weeks. Please keep taking pictures for us!