We said our final goodbye ?

Trouper

Visit site
He looks such a character - so sorry for you. There have been far too many sad goodbyes this year - hope the future is kinder.

Reacher

Visit site
Very sorry for your loss x

My beautiful Ardennes Militaire gained his wings today. A rainbow came out, he stood bravely for the vet and we told him how much we loved him and no there would be no more pain.

A circus horse, a therapy horse and my best friend. The sweetest most loveable horse I've ever known and my herd won't be the same without him.

Sleep in peace my beautiful boy - it's been a privilege to have you in our lives

View attachment 99052View attachment 99053

palo1

Visit site
Such an impressive horse and clearly much loved. He was lucky to have that love and care but it is very hard for you to lose such a dear friend.

SEL

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely words. Hit me like a tonne of bricks this morning - kept turning round to look for him. Found myself heading back into the feed room because I was a bucket short then almost disintegrated into floods at only soaking a tiny amount of beet rather than his scoopful. Its the little things that hit hard.

He went under a rainbow (it literally came out just before the vet turned up), with the sun on his back and was magnificent right until the end. Even when the guy from the crematorium came to pick him up he said wow, he's stunning - and he was. They managed to get a puncture as they came onto the yard so I was able to sit with him while they sorted it and it was peaceful. Just asleep in the sun.

I was worried about my Appy because he's been her wingman since she was a 5yo. But she knew it was his time and she knows he's gone. His herd are quiet and subdued but his joints were failing and they knew he couldn't keep up.

Hugs to everyone who has lost a special horse this year. It never, ever gets any easier

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely words. Hit me like a tonne of bricks this morning - kept turning round to look for him. Found myself heading back into the feed room because I was a bucket short then almost disintegrated into floods at only soaking a tiny amount of beet rather than his scoopful. Its the little things that hit hard.

He went under a rainbow (it literally came out just before the vet turned up), with the sun on his back and was magnificent right until the end. Even when the guy from the crematorium came to pick him up he said wow, he's stunning - and he was. They managed to get a puncture as they came onto the yard so I was able to sit with him while they sorted it and it was peaceful. Just asleep in the sun.

I was worried about my Appy because he's been her wingman since she was a 5yo. But she knew it was his time and she knows he's gone. His herd are quiet and subdued but his joints were failing and they knew he couldn't keep up.

Hugs to everyone who has lost a special horse this year. It never, ever gets any easier
This just broke my heart ❤️