Weaning all done!

lennysmith

Visit site
Hi everyone!

First can I say thankyou to all of you that posted yesterday, and for all the supportive pms I've had. But to those of you who took the oppertunity to have a dig, just dont. I cant believe how people who dont even know anything about whats gone on, have never communicated with me before even, felt they had the right to send spiteful and hurtful pms. It's the first time it's happened to me on here, it's not nice. Esp at a time when I was feeling slightly wobbly.

Anyway, all went fantastically. Josie walked beautifuly down the field with her mate and off she went grazing. Denver went into his stable next to his pal and ate his hay.

He had a little call about half hour later, but that is really about as eventful as it gets. Josie is loving the grazing without him tearing about, although she did try to double barrel her 'friend' who she is now grazing nose to nose with!!

They have both been little stars. No stress, no fuss, nothing. Very very proud of my pair today. I'm so glad I started to ride her again, as I'm sure it helped with today. They were both used to being seperated for up to 2 hours in the end, so it really meant no fuss at all.

I've got piccies of D in his new big boy stable which I'll put up in gallery tomorrow.

Again thanks to everyone who was thinking of us xxxxx

patchandloopy

Visit site
aww! im sorry people have been horrid esp those who know nothing-theres nothing more hurtful!

Im glad it all went well and neither mummy or foaly are too stressed out!! i remember you posting on the run up to and when when he was born! So lovely to think hes big enough to be in a new life without mummy!

teapot

Visit site
Glad it all went well hun
grin.gif
and cant wait for piccies

piaffe

Visit site
Ooooh fabby!
grin.gif
Missed the first post but well done and what a big boy D must be in his big boy stable!
grin.gif
Cant wait to see the pics!
grin.gif

Cant understand why anyone would be sending you nasty pm's. This ofrum is just getting ridiculous
mad.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
Actually I only just got them and it really upset me. They were basically saying I cant mollicoddle my horse and she isn't the best in the world so why was I getting so worried about weaning. Also why was I weaning so young. Well once you've seen Denver you'd understand. Great big thug!!

Thanks for the reply xxx

piaffe

Visit site
People really are spiteful. Im a huge believer in naming and shaming though. Bullys only carry on if they think they can get away with it.
mad.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
It only seems like yesterday I found out he was there!! I've been so lucky with the both of them. Esp when she got that infection and we though she may lose him.
frown.gif

He looks so grown up in his stable and has already told his neighbour off for looking at him eating!! Stroppy monkey!

loopeepee

Visit site
So glad it went well for you! Another proud thing to remember, to think a year ago....!

P.S. Horrid people for sending nasty PM's, you been doing a fabtastic job with your pair - something they should look up to surely?

Skhosu

Visit site
Glad all went smoothly, can't believe it's so long since you got josie!! (I'm kind of a silent watcher on here.. dont post much.)
Relaly annoyed to hear about those PM's, how dare they!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Lenny..I..am..so..glad..things..have..gone..well..for..you..today.Must..be..a..real..relief
smile.gif

As..for..those..who..PM'd..you...there..are..times..when..I..think..this..forum..is..inhabited..by..f*cking..morons
mad.gif

Take..care

Bethxxx

Vey

Visit site
I'd name them, my dear - anybody who does not understand does not love horses. Anybody who will not say in the open what they want to say is a coward (unless it is personal stuff about them, of course! - as in 'I have a big boil just ...')

lennysmith

Visit site
Thankyou!

I cant believe it's only a year since I bought this wild stupid cant be ridden and scared of her shaddow thing. Now I'm soooo grateful I stuck by her when all the 'know it alls' said to shoot her!!

lennysmith

Visit site
I know a whole year, and what a year it's been!!

The pms did upset me, but hey, i know I've done the right thing, i've 2 happy healthy separated horses. Surely thats the best end result?

lennysmith

Visit site
Hehe still hno space bar?
tongue.gif

Yep HUGE relief! It all went so smoothly and quickly it just was done!

I'm also starting to wonder about some of the people on here now. all of them were relitively new users too?!

peapod

Visit site
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics
smile.gif

What are your plans for Denver then? Are you keeping him?

We seperated our two colt foals from their mum's today for a couple of hours - one was perfectly behaved, the other one (who regularly jumps fences/walks through electric tape/jumps gates etc etc!) was NOT!!!

lennysmith

Visit site
Hehe oops!! Well at least you know what to expect at weaning I guess!

Yep Denver is STAYING! yay! He was never going to stay was being sold at weanign, but I can tlet him go and neither can OH. My friend is sharing him with me and we are going half of everything. So baby D will have a home for life!!
grin.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Yep Denver is STAYING! yay! He was never going to stay was being sold at weanign, but I can tlet him go and neither can OH. My friend is sharing him with me and we are going half of everything. So baby D will have a home for life!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I..wouldn't..have..parted..with..him..either
wink.gif
grin.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
Thankyou xx

I dont know why some people feel they ahve the right to interfere, but it was more than that, it was more chastising (sp) me for being evil and over protective! As you say they are my horses and very proud of them I am too
grin.gif

sojeph

Visit site
I can't believe people are so bitchy
mad.gif

Weaning is so worrying isn't it? Like you said, riding your mare and getting them used to time apart beforehand must have made it alot less stressful for Denver who, by the way, is gorgeous
grin.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh darnit
mad.gif

I wanted him to come home to ME!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe there's time yet. I'll get fed up of him soon I'm sure.............. well maybe!

Weezy

Visit site
YAY! Glad it went well - thing is you see a lot of it IS to do with gut - you knew they were ready for their own lives and low and behold it was as easy as pie
laugh.gif

As for the twits who have PMed you - spiteful jealous little shites the lot of then
mad.gif