Weaning all done!

Peanot

Visit site
I haven`t yet seen your other posts but I bet you feel brill that it went well. I had to wean my mare and foal 12 years ago, and it is very stressful for us as an owner as well as for mum and baby. It is a very good idea that people are separating them for little bits at a time beforehand. By doing it that way, it is supposed to make it easier through life by the foalies not getting the separation anxiety. Well done.
As for the PM`s, they obviously don`t care as much for their horses or they would understand how horrid it is to see your babies in stressful situations.

Ginn

Visit site
Aww, thats brilliant news hunny!! Im really chuffed for you - you must be a very proud mum! And it just goes to show how far you have come and hard you have worked as they are both such a huge credit to you. Sorry to hear about nasty pm's though, you have come so far and have been so loving and dedicated that you most certainly do not deserve to be privately attacked.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Brilliant news very happy everything has gone well!!! Disgusted that people have sent these nasty PMs, no doubt they are reading, well you should be ashamed of yourselves you absolute morons....*sigh* i do sometimes wonder what cretins walk the earth, and this forum, sometimes!
Again, well done on a successful weaning!! you've done well!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Yay, congrats! As for those who sent PM's... she's not weaning him too young at all, perhaps you ought to learn a bit more about breeding before you stick your oar in. Word springs to mind.. jealous.

Happytohack

Visit site
So pleased it all went so well for Both D. & J. Just shows that they were ready to be separated and you did everything right! There are no hard and fast rules where horses are concerned - just ignore those that haven't been supportive, there are lots on here that are!
smile.gif

mandy4727

Visit site
Awwww. Brilliant news. I think we worry more about what is going to happen than actually happens. We had a mare and foal on our yard. Weaned perfectly and after a while they went back out in the field together and they were fine. Didn't become clingy again or anything. Mare has since been sold and the foal is now a lovely 2 year old. Don't know if this is the right thing to do putting them back in together. But it worked for them two. Well done. Your horses are brill.

Tia

Visit site
Oh for sure your riding Josie will have helped enormously!! Glad all went well for you and both of them.
cool.gif

Oh and I think Weezy summed the PM'ers up for me in her quote:
[ QUOTE ]
As for the twits who have PMed you - spiteful jealous little shites the lot of then

[/ QUOTE ]

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
So glad it all went well for you all. It doesn't matter how many times you have to do it, but it is always a stressful time and I for one, think you have done brilliantly all the way through this epic voyage.
Tell those nasty no lifes to get a life and stop being evil, they don't know a thing about your horses who are deservedly 'your pride and joys' so to keep their noses out of your business. As someone said, naming and shaming could go a long way to stopping these bullying tactics affecting anyone else either but it's your call.

Take care and enjoy your ponies, they're both lovely sorts and a big clap on the back for coping so well with a situation not of your making.

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
Congratulations on a successful weaning!

Sounds like everything went like clockwork with absolutely no stress. You planned this in great detail and had everything worked out, and even delayed it a day when part of the plan had to be altered (companion horse going out for the day). It also sounds like both mare and foal were ready for this and you had done your prep work.

So why anybody would have any reason to be nasty I cannot understand, but to do it in PMs too is just cowardly. If they have something to say, say it to us all.

Lenny, just ignore the ignorant little sheeeeites.
grin.gif

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Well done......so when can I expect him to arrive then?
grin.gif

BTW that is not a broken spacebar. It's just my daft way of typing
grin.gif
grin.gif

I am really glad that it has gone well and that you can relax a bit now and just enjoy him. As for the PM's Weezy summed it up perfectly
laugh.gif
I too have recieved negative comments from people on here and it is very hurtful. After all we are all just trying to do our best for our horses and we don't all know everything
crazy.gif

So enjoy your baby and his mummy, you have done fabulously
laugh.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Hun, take no notice of what other (jealous) people say to you. Only you are in the position to decide what is best for your horse. You've done bloody well so far, I know if I had a surprise foal I wouldn't have managed nearly as well.
I'm glad that Josie and Denver seem to be taking it all in their stride - one less thing for you to worry about! xx

threeponies

Visit site
Glad it went ok and have to say I was surprised to see that someone had posted that he was too young. These are your horses, that you love and look after every day, so you are best placed to decide what is best for them. Your horses look lovely and I hope you enjoy them. The fact that everything did go ok shows you that both mum and baby were ready.

Gingernags

Visit site
1) Well done Lenny - you have done a fantastic job. There are many people on here who have bred their own intentionally (me included), and those who make a living from it - and they all know what they are doing and we all know you've done it right.

2) Those who have sent PM's are stupid and know nothing and are talking out of their pathetically jealous arses!

3) good luck! I think you have a cracking mare and foal there, and from being landed in the deep end, I think you've done brilliantly - keep up the good work!

lennysmith

Visit site
WOW! Thankyou ALL for all the kind words in posts and pms, they mean so much to me.

You've ALL helped so much over the past 8/9 months, and I'm so grateful.

I've spent the day pottering around not knowing what to do really. My ponies are coping without me and without eachother!!!! Makes me feel redundant! Seriously though, I couldn't be happier with the both of them.

Josie is looking fab, so chilled and relaxed, her bag is already starting to decrease, and baby D, well, he's a law unto himself and is having a great time in his stable. He has his little mate and is chatting away. still haven't even heard him yell for his mum!

I know now I DEFFINATELY made the right descision, and am quite happy with how it's gone.

Ps. Piccies of baby D going up in gallery in a min xxxxx

S_N

Visit site
Hey hun - was thinking about you last night and nearly rang you! I've had no puter access for like DAAAAAYYYSSSS - well, since yesterday morning anyway!

Am so glad that it went so well for you - they've been pretty much ready for a while now eh. I just can't believe a) how huge he is now (got to be bigger than H) and b) the F*CKKING W*NKERS on here!!! I am so sorry that you had to be on the recieving end of such utter shite, esp. since you are one of the nicest and most caring people on here!! From the moment this whole adventure was thrown into your lap, you have done nothing but the best for your horses - you have an awful lot to be proud of!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Well done, it sounds as if it has gone exactly as planned. I must say Denver is looking fab, for a freebie he is going to be pretty nice!
Ignore any comments, there are more than one way of doing everything, and at the end of it all they are your horses so no-one else's damn business...

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I have no idea what the nasty PM's were about but shame on the people who think it necessary to send any nasty PMs
mad.gif

I just can not believe how the time has flown since we were all waiting for Josie to pop - I am glad they are both enjoying their freedom
laugh.gif