Wedding horse

Wimbles

Visit site
A while back I posted on here asking for any advice people had about having horses at weddings as I'd been called upon to do a last minute favour for a bride who had spent a small fortune on her wedding dress to have it made so that she could ride her loan horse but was let down at the final hour.

I was given lots of really good advice, all of which came in very hand so thank you to all that replied!

So yesterday poor old Montysaurus had a bath on a very chilly morning, was plaited and went on his travels to Tutubury Castle. Lots of favours from big hearted people were called in for a sidesaddle, transport etc and the plan all came together

The pictures speak for themselves but I just wanted to say how proud I am of my 18 hand ex racehorse who was an absolute star all day and although I may be a teeny weeny bit biased I really do think that he is something special! He led a procession through the village streets with a guitar people and scores of people cheering and waving on the streets and was even "papped" by the newspaper photographer!

I often read posts on here with people asking if ex racers are any good and I think he is a shining example of how adaptable they can be.

Hope you like them!! They're only the ones I took so not brilliant (oh and I'm thinking of going into business 'cause it was such a great experience!)

The big man
014.jpg

Walking up to the castle
177-1.jpg

016.jpg

188-1.jpg

183-1.jpg

The bride suprising her husband to be!
180-1.jpg

Family pic
182-1.jpg

Some photos of him after
122.jpg

097-2.jpg

094-1.jpg

125.jpg

130.jpg

120-1.jpg

Dawng

Visit site
Wow that's amazing - beautiful pictures - beautiful horse - could be a very lucrative side line and could help with horsey costs but I bet the insurance for it will be astonomical.

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
Stunning boy!! I really really really want to be able to have my boy at my wedding in August but logistics and dress mean it's impossible :(. Really pleased for this lady though looks like they had a fab day! :D

Wildforestpony18

Visit site
Awww bless him! So sweet, ex racers are just as good as any other horses :) So glad they all had a fab day, he could make it in the buisness yet! ;)

missmatch

Visit site
Absolutely beautiful and you did your friend very proud. We often make "buttonholes" for horses in the shop and Gerberas suit them very well :D

lovinyourwork

Visit site
Gorgeous, well done, I bet you made her day complete and everyone will remember it forever. Handsome chap takes a good photo!

Newlands

Visit site
I rode my horse sidesaddle at our wedding and it really was a dream come true and that was in a slinky Jenny Packham number so it is possible.

Your man is lovely, such a gentleman and well done for stepping in and helping out I know how happy you must have made the bride.

Wimbles

Visit site
I just did normal plaits and then threaded through paper roses that we'd bought. We had gold leaves too but thought that it looked better with just keeping it simple. It was actually quite stressful trying to decide what to do as I didn't want to go over the top but we had no specific instructions!!

MrsHutt

Visit site
Wow! You did a wonderful job - he looks beautiful! The head shots are gorgeous! I'm sure you made the bride's day (she looks pretty special, too :D) and he is a credit to you.

I hope it was a bit warmer there than it was here, though!!

debsg

Visit site
How absolutely beautiful! He IS a lovely boy, the plaits look fab and I love the family pic with the doggies too :D
Gorgeous setting! All in all, a real day to remember, for you as well! Is that the first time he has worn side-saddle?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
There's always one muppet who has to ruin it isn't there...! And Jesus, where's the body protector and hi-viz...?!

Hardly a muppet. A legitimate coomment.

Dress is beautiful. Horse is an absolute star and you are rightly proud of him :D

Wimbles, you know me well enough and know why I made the comment above. I haven't hopped on here in an attempt to distract from the beauty of the day, just to point out that the comment wasn't muppetry.

nikCscott

Visit site
He looks stunning!

Some questions though.....

Has he done been ridden aside before? (you mention the saddle was borrowed)
and
Did the bride ride him before?

Wimbles

Visit site
We've tried side saddle before but aren't lucky enough to own one! The bride came a week or so before to give him a go. He's a bit daunting if you've not seen him before!

nikCscott

Visit site
We've tried side saddle before but aren't lucky enough to own one! The bride came a week or so before to give him a go. He's a bit daunting if you've not seen him before!

WOW! I love a bit of pomp and ceremony ........ but if an 18hh TB turned up who wasn't used to side saddle (I am not and have also only ridden in a double a handful of times), all of which I had to handle in a huge dress (making a emergency exit almost impossible) and trying to look stunning for the photographer - I think i'd pass out! :eek:

Testimony to all involved especially the horse well done!

madeleine1

Visit site
jelous. hope mine looks as good on my wedding. got to convince her she can hack out first.

dancerspring2012.jpg

not quite as stunning as urs but hopefully pritty