Weekend competing

rachk89

Visit site
So who is going out competing this weekend?

I shockingly am which is a first in a while. Taking my horse to his first ever show away from home and its his first ever inhand and ridden show. Its just turnout so nothing fancy and its open horse as he fits nowhere else. But this is all about giving him good experience away from home. I don't think he will act too badly he will just be very nervous.

That is with the idea that it won't be cancelled thanks to the crap weather in Scotland currently.

vallin

Visit site
I'm heading to France climbing for the bank holiday so my horse will jo doubt spend the entire time looking like a hippo! Enjoy and I hope the weather improves!

rachk89

Visit site
Thanks vallin enjoy your trip. It's snowing again so not sure it will get better.

Aw that sucks smja hope he gets better.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Just picked pony up from loading boot camp. If it's worked, we have a working hunter clinic on Friday and our first be on Sunday. If it hasn't, I think I will cry in to a bottle.
Good luck every one, hope the weather is kind.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not until Tuesday... I'm having an extended bank holiday weekend lol, taking Millie off for another go at Advanced medium :) cracked the changes at dressage camp last week... no pressure then! :lol:

DirectorFury

Visit site
Ooh, enjoy France vallin- hopefully the weather over there will be better than here.

Best of luck rachk, fingers crossed the weather holds for you too.

Hoping loading lessons have worked VG and you have fun at working hunter clinic :).

Good luck for Tuesday milliepops and yay for changes!

Quiet weekend for us (again!) as there's nothing on locally. I'm still chuffed about XC schooling on Tues and we won the chase me Charlie in our RC group lesson last night at 1.20m :D. And M is an ex-dirty stopper!
Apparently she was still leaving a lot of room over 1.20 so I'm under orders to get her out SJ before the end of next month.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled rachk89, and good luck first shows are always exciting :).

Super jealous you're heading the France vallin, it is freezing here and snowing :(.

Oh no smja :(, hope they come right soon!

Vodkagirly, really hoping loading boot camp has been successful, have you got your own transport to practise with, good luck for the working hunter clinic and BE :).

:D Yay go Mille and the changes :D, super good luck for Tuesday!

DirectorFury, that all sounds very impressive, showjumping here you come :).

I am... gulp... attempting Skylla's first ridden comp :eek::eek::eek:
It is at our yard but as the test and teach we did two weeks ago went down like a lead ballon :eek: I am not feeling confident... *repeats it will be fine and I wont die*

Sunday I am going to a dressage clinic with someone who's not seen us before, she is experianced with Freisians so I'm a bit nervous about what she will think of me and Topaz, hoping she thinks we're not daft for dipping our toe in at medium!

Above all I hope this blooming weather cheers up and the snow bogs off!

CrazyMare

Visit site
After not going to a showing show for years, I think I'm going to take all three to a showing show to support a friend!!!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Hacking with mates tomorrow, Sunday doing a 'fit or fat' 10 mile ride, with a 45 min drive to get there each way. They do heart rate at start and soon after finishing.
Wonder if they will do mine too!

Monday will be spent relaxing..... sofa surfing :)

Lanky Loll

Visit site
good luck everyone especially AlexH with Skylla - I'm sure she'll polish her halo :)
We're not competing this weekend but are off for a XC clinic on Sunday to try and practise the more technical fences, we're debating whether to enter Oik for his first ODE at the end of May so will see how Sunday goes.

HashRouge

Visit site
Local show is cancelled - they just posted a picture of the ground covered in snow! It's a real shame as it might be fine by sunday, but I suppose they can't set anything up while it's covered in snow and they usually have lots of trade stalls and beer tent etc.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Thanks Lanky Loll, though surely the oik can have a real name soon :D.

HashRouge, were you going to Mottram? The weather has been epically terrible for the time of year!

Lexi_

Visit site
I was meant to be fence judging at Bradwall but it's been abandoned :( Can't get over the fact it's almost May and I still haven't been able to get out and volunteer!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nothing here. I do, inexplicably, have my trailer back, but I want to have it serviced and looked over before I take my horses in it (and I have lesson next weekend anyway). So this weekend will be cleaning the mud off it and playing ponies at home.

And breaking in my beautiful new brown ariats which I inexplicably seem to have come home with :p

Loving the sound of TFF's fit or fat ride, but to be honest, I reckon I'd rather be in the sunshine in France with V!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Lola had a lesson this morning, working on ele movements in prep for doing an ele to music in June :)
It wasnt horrific, the simple changes need a lot of work, but that's just persistence! the rest of the work was nice :)
Off for a nice hack tomorrow and off to the gallops Sunday with a friend :)

rachk89

Visit site
Hope everyone's weekend went well. Our show went well just going to make a post to brag about the boy who I am really pleased with.

LeannePip

Visit site
Busy weekend here, but i still think i'd rather be in France!

Had a jump lesson away from home today, went really well, but i did end up on the deck (again) turns out that fillers that have fallen over since we last jumped the same fence are to be avoided at all costs, but only at the very last minute, nothing hurt but pride!

Another jump/ grid work clinic tomorrow at a different yard. Then pick Pip up from her lean home, stop by the gallops on the way home for a ride, tidy her up and settle her in.

Monday Ruby has a dressage lesson, and Pip has a viewing.

Tuesday (extra long weekend) Ruby will have the day off or a hack round the farm if it dries up. Pip has two viewings and then i'll be glad to get back to work!