Weekend plans? 19th - 20th

Pippity

Visit site
@Michen Wow, Boggle looks amazing!

I was on my hols the week before last, so Blue got another week off, to go with her month off lame. So this week, I've just been long-reining to get her fitness back up a bit, and then this weekend was time to get back on board for a wee hack.

She was, of course, an absolute star, albeit a very sweaty one. She's booked in for a haircut next week, so she'll hopefully be more comfortable then. In the meantime, more hacking tomorrow and next week, and then I'll think about taking her in the school.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I've been ill for the past couple of weeks and still suffering. .chest infection then tonsillitis :confused:
Had a jump last night which was great fun although I couldn't do too much without coughing my guts up - I don't usually do the matchy matchy thing but left his jump boots at home so he had to wear my old ponies pink ones... so thought what the heck and paired them with an eskadron pad to cheer me up ;)

View attachment 37659

Gorgeous! So shiny!!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Happy New Saddle Day, Northern.
Good luck AE.
Well done getting out Chippers!
Get well soon, poorly ponies, poorly lorries and poorly people!

We are back from NSEA Champs which were amazing. Izzy is still in bed - 12 hours and counting. I suspect Dolly is also spending a lot of time lying down. Tired pony but she tried her heart out as ever. Love her so much. What a gem.

Taking Deedee to a local SJ venue later today to see what she thinks of show jumps & fillers ..... Our first trip out. It's only 10 minutes away and we have hired it alone and will do the whole session on-line if needs be. But I think she'll be fine.

Wheels

Visit site
Well M as it that annoying stage in his return to work after minor injury where you dont want to push them in case they get sore again but they are fitter than the current workload.

Add in a windy day and it's a recipe for a rather tense and spooky hack. A touch annoying but at least he's feeling good lol

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Our fun weekend has continued with a little jump on Deedee. She seemed unconcerned about popping the fences on-line so Izzy hopped on and she was fine. Very whizzy and keen! And she's got some pop on her. We are taking things slowly but to be honest she has not yet put a foot wrong. She has been ridden under lights and in company without being stressed. She travelled fairly well. And she travelled better on the way home than on the way out so I guess she figures out that things are ok quite quickly.

The first possible event she could do is Eland in 6 weeks. An NSEA Qualifier and we are taking Dolly. (Here we go again!!). I had written that one off as too soon for her but she's going so well that maybe she can give it a go. I had assumed she would not be out competing till after Christmas but we will just have to see how she goes over the next few weeks.

75004989_2572640389482693_6633650157734854656_n.jpg

DressageCob

Visit site
I had the best lesson on the little cob yesterday. He felt phenomenal. He was so light in my hand, and was really using himself. His hind legs were like little pistons. We got some lovely leg yield and the best medium trots and canters we've ever had.

He was so pleased with his new way of going that even when we were doing long and low to finish off he was still offering medium. It was lovely.
Then, because his hind leg was more active than it has ever been, he overreached, stood on his shoe, face planted and sent the shoe to the other side of the arena. So he's off now until the farrier arrives on Tuesday.

Big lad was awesome as always. Still working on the contact/softness. It's really getting there. His mediums are getting pretty good too.

Good weekend 😁

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm going to sum up archery this morning in 3 photos... Mr Coach decided to mix things up a bit - note the absence of a run anywhere useful in these photos... We were doing targets on bends, ground shots, offside shots and swapping my bow into my other hand to take an extreme offside shot all without any poles to guide him (i.e. relying entirely on my steering without reins - ha!). Fergs was epic, to be fair.

72975739_1124389557770089_2763981393947000832_o.jpg

74881491_1124390414436670_2189977384411725824_o.jpg

(I love this sport, but I don't love nocking right handed!)
75332724_1124390624436649_2018231890036654080_o.jpg

McFluff

Visit site
Some great updates.
Loving the progress in the archery. Top effort.
I’m totally in love with my boy. We got a break in the weather today and went to the beach. He was a total star. Barely looked at the kite surfers, the dog walkers were all great and our only moment was at a large orange windsurfer sail. Can’t say I blame him for that.

JFTDWS

Visit site
JFTD-WS those pics are fab. You both look great!

Cheers, he's a cool dude :D Good weekend all round by the sound of things!

Some great updates.
Loving the progress in the archery. Top effort.
I’m totally in love with my boy. We got a break in the weather today and went to the beach. He was a total star. Barely looked at the kite surfers, the dog walkers were all great and our only moment was at a large orange windsurfer sail. Can’t say I blame him for that.

He's a good pony, but he did spook repeatedly at various degrees of nothingness outside the arena (he spent most of the time tied to my trailer spinning around and trying to stand up!) so he's definitely polishing his halo considerably less than your boy! I think kite surfers would blow his tiny little mind.

Archery was epic though - the fact we're playing with Polish type stuff at all is quite cool. Just as well it was a good one though as that's pretty much it for winter now unless I can organise stuff myself.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
What a lovely thread with everyone's exciting weekend antics.

Unfortunately I am waiting for a saddle so currently just doing short hacks (especially as he keeps slipping on the very wet ground) and some in hand poles/ long reining.

Is it spring yet?

Fiona

Visit site
New horse still sounds amazing AE.... Did you do a thread on schools champs?

Loving the archery pics, and Fergus, which is of course my favourite name 😏

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
And on Sunday was RC Area Dressage champs .

My trailer is away to have new brake pads and cables fitted, so we borrowed a very kind friends box, and I headed off solo...

Our first test was outside and Fionn went fantastically well, and was totally with me.

For the second test we moved inside, and the spooky brat was completely behind the leg and looking about.

However just after it finished, I discovered we were 2nd in the first test with 68% 😱😱

So amazed and pleased...

75271523_2704898289563079_1241183396072259584_o.jpg

Fiona

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
delighted with Darcy today. Quite a busy lesson in terms of other horses coming and going. When we arrived there was another horse in the school and he got a bit anxious when it left so he was alone, but then he pulled his socks up and did his work. 2 more horses joined us later on and he didn't bat an eye, so his attention span is getting much better :D

Some ultra green moments but also lots of consistent work tootling around learning shapes and staying on the bit ;)
It's hard sometimes to notice the progress when they are totally clueless so it was nice to get some unbiased feedback about how much he's improved since the last lesson.

74347641_2802415546436604_9105273720548622336_n.jpg

rosiesowner

Visit site
Very late to this thread; I've been so busy! Looks like there have been some productive weekends. JFTD, love the archery, though I'm not sure Chili would!

On Saturday we had a lesson with our lovely instructor who helped me get Chilli feeling amazing in canter, which helped massively with the downward transitions back to trot.

Then on Sunday we did some jumping and she was fab! One refusal at the filler down to me taking my eye off the ball because she'd been going so well. I must remember not to take anything for granted when show jumping as she just isn't quite as honest as she is cross country... Still, looking at these pics makes me so proud after before August I really didn't think I'd ever have the confidence to jump again...
74465626_1332755503550760_3185253390024179712_o.jpg

(Click through the photos below to find a video at the end!)