Weekend plans :D

ihatework

Visit site
Had a lazy day today, lovely!
Have bought a new event horse, subject to vet. And had a rather wet day picking up on friends shoot yesterday but my old lab loved it and worked really well.
Other than that had a couple of discussions with a ferel giant who has a week off in the field and is now catagorically bored.

mavandkaz

Visit site
well we did it. Second ever BD, and a big improvement on the last outing.
Much more relaxed, and although not swinging through like he does at home, at least he was more forward and not too tense. Some lovely work in N22 but unfortunately changed in the second counter canter.
not so great in N38 as by this point his fears of the warm up had resurfaced and he panicked everytime a horse came near. so went in with very little warm up and a rather tense horse, resulting in him breaking into canter during the first medium.
very happy to come away with 66% and 63%, and 3rd in our section in both classes. really pleased with how he is improving, but think it will be a while before he truly relaxes.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Wow, lots of fab weekends were had by the sound of it! :D

Mine was pretty cool too... got engaged... :eek: didn't see that coming :eek3::biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3: exciting times!

Salty continuing her orientation, went hacking and then did loading practice.. as she hesitated going on the box I cancelled our arena hire and spent a bit of time getting her confidence up with loading - last time she got on a horsebox she spent 5 hours on it and got off at a bargain basement sales, so I don't blame her. Bit of schooling in the sunshine at home afterwards, I think she is getting stronger and straighter all the time, I just LOVE her attitude. She is just like Millie at that age,at this point I feel like I've hit the jackpot! It's all a bit speedy at the moment but she pushes herself out of balance with her hindlegs so we are going with it for now!

[video=youtube_share;QmfmTabc0hI]https://youtu.be/QmfmTabc0hI[/video]

(Sorry about music, laptop still on the blink so you can't hear her gentle highblowing! :D)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Wow MP, many many congratulations on the engagement!
Salty is looking super there - you certainly did luck out with her turning up at sales.

Well done mavandkaz - super scores considering there's still some relaxation to come :D

milliepops

Visit site
Wow MP, many many congratulations on the engagement!
Salty is looking super there - you certainly did luck out with her turning up at sales.

and.. she's a lovely sort to ride, just really keen and happy, sensitive but not silly. We are still only doing 20 mins in the school as she has no fitness at all but there's no rush esp with her good nature. I'm still waiting for the catch... but I'm starting to think it was just one of those good luck things, meant to be.

DirectorFury

Visit site

Mine was pretty cool too... got engaged... :eek: didn't see that coming :eek3::biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3: exciting times!

Bloody hell, congratulations! I think you win the weekend plans thread this week :D.

Nothing interesting here, as well as my dodgy knee I've now managed to slip a disk in my mid-back so have impressive sciatica and a leg that keeps going numb with no warning. I did manage a naughty 5 minute sit on Molly today as I've been getting horse-withdrawal :eek:. Maddie is moving and coming back into work as of next weekend - I'm going to try and do her myself but any sign of bucking or rearing and she's being sent off for someone else to deal with!

SEL

Visit site

Salty continuing her orientation, went hacking and then did loading practice.. as she hesitated going on the box I cancelled our arena hire and spent a bit of time getting her confidence up with loading - last time she got on a horsebox she spent 5 hours on it and got off at a bargain basement sales, so I don't blame her. Bit of schooling in the sunshine at home afterwards, I think she is getting stronger and straighter all the time, I just LOVE her attitude. She is just like Millie at that age,at this point I feel like I've hit the jackpot! It's all a bit speedy at the moment but she pushes herself out of balance with her hindlegs so we are going with it for now!

[video=youtube_share;QmfmTabc0hI]https://youtu.be/QmfmTabc0hI[/video]

(Sorry about music, laptop still on the blink so you can't hear her gentle highblowing! :D)

Congratulations! That's fantastic news :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Oh jeez DF, you've really been in the wars :( what a nightmare :( are you comfortable enough in the saddle?!

Not particularly comfortable on board unfortunately but still a million times better than sitting on the sofa! I've been told it should ease up in 6-8 weeks which is good. I'm glad that neither horse is particularly fit or I'd be spitting feathers about missing hunting ;).
I keep reading Salty's name as 'Sally' for some reason - I'm apologising in advance for when I (inevitably) make a mistake in typing :p.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
and.. she's a lovely sort to ride, just really keen and happy, sensitive but not silly. We are still only doing 20 mins in the school as she has no fitness at all but there's no rush esp with her good nature. I'm still waiting for the catch... but I'm starting to think it was just one of those good luck things, meant to be.

Well there's always a reason that they end up at sales, but it doesn't mean that that reason will ever reappear once they are out of the situation they were in. It's very easy for horses to fall through the cracks, even the nice ones.

j1ffy

Visit site
Wow congratulations MP!! Was it romantic..? And congrats on such a great spot in Salty, she's looking fab :) Any idea where she originally came from?

Well done to everyone else who's been out and about, and sorry to hear about your back DF :(

We did make it to the SRS in Vienna, with both the tour (they muck out every hour and every two hours overnight - wow!) and morning training. It was very interesting to watch them work the younger horses, there was a fair amount of stretchy trot and suppling and none of the youngsters would have looked out of place in a BD class. I particularly liked one of the more advanced stallions, who was very elegant and elastic compared to the more Baroque types. (The rider wasn't bad either ;) ).

milliepops

Visit site
Wow congratulations MP!! Was it romantic..? And congrats on such a great spot in Salty, she's looking fab :) Any idea where she originally came from?

SRS sounds brill, I'm so pleased for you that you got to do that (and quite jealous! maybe one day!)
Yes it was an equal mix of romantic and hilarious, a good night out with friends and lots of bubbly was consumed ;)

I have a bit of a lead via the person that bred the stallion she's by so I might do a bit of digging when I get 5 mins.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Congratulations MP!

Had a fab flatwork lesson on friday and a fab jumping session on saturday! Henry is just getting stronger and stronger, and I think I'm finally getting to grips with how to jump him :D (it's only taken a year...)

Dressage on Sunday was alright, one of those days that's not terrible but also not great, think H left his brave pants at home. He felt fantastic in the warmup, and got a lot of lovely compliments from complete strangers :) Went into the arena for the first test and it was a complete nightmare. This venue has a very spooky main arena, one side is open but covered in green mesh, and then on the other side of the mesh you can see all the junk that's been dumped there. Sunday's special was a huge car roofbox right up against the fence at B. Went in and H completely lost it, did most of the test with bum on the 3/4 line and head in the fence, with some impressive scoots sideways (feat. flying changes) every time we went past the roofbox :eek: Second test was much improved, with only a little bit of spooking and a small jump sideways when he spotted the roofbox again in canter. But he did show some lovely work when I got his attention back on me, and we were on the not-so-scary side of the arena! Still managed a 60.4% in the first test, and 64.6% in the second one. Felt the second judge was rather harsh overall, and gave us a 5.5 for our free walk with the comment "good stretch down and with a nice overtrack". He's such a sweet horse, and he can do some lovely work, he's just still very scared of life! More practice in indoor arenas required I think!