Weekend plans... :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
So, just into Thursday afternoon at last, though brain is befuddled having got back from Olympia at 2am absolutely determined that it must be Saturday! :D:D

What are we all up to?

Ponies are currently doing wheelies in the field - first turnout since Saturday thanks to damn snow and ice :rolleyes:

Need to go and extract Kira as we have a lesson this afternoon - yippee
Then a show tomorrow - she will either be knackered or too fresh I reckon - M76 and AM98, having not done any work all week. Will be an experience :D

Salty needs a couple more days in the field before I get back on, judging by today's acrobatics :wink3:

Quiet weekend catching up with the oldies in the field, early-xmas meal with parents and yard xmas outing over the weekend.

Have fun all & stay safe out there...

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Exciting for the comp! A big nothing for me though I am debating booking in for a last comp outing of 2017. Possibility of farm xmas ride but not sure the weather is playing ball...

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Last weekend ALL plans were snowed off. Please, pretty please, let this weekend be better!
So, plans: I am taking Amber to Somerford for some combined training. First time I will have jumped her since the summer. First attempt at dressage away from home since a fairly catastrophic test in September. I think we are going well atm. I shall see!!

Ponies are off to the Northern College of Racing in Doncaster for a blast on the track on Sunday. Wonder what new 'un will think of that? Enjoy it I hope. Max is half TB and very, very fast. He went earlier in the year and my daughter said it was the most fun she had ever had on a horse. And he enjoyed it as much as she did I think.

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m taking Indio out on Saturday for N38 and his first Elementary - it’s E40 so hopefully easing him in gently! Then a long hack for Pocholo on Sunday, who has put on a load of weight (how?! Weird horse, he’s not getting any more food!) and needs some serious work :p

JGC

Visit site
I have a dressage clinic on Saturday at 8 in the morning (it's probably going to be about -2). I had to abort today's hack because of torrential rain and a lack of foresight on my part (no waterproofs) and he's going to have a day off tomorrow, so I suspect impulsion isn't going to be an issue :)

I am hoping I figure out a way to get to the shop to pick up my horsie Christmas jumper that I've ordered, cause it would be the perfect occasion to wear it. Although the staff party tomorrow might scupper that plan.

Then skiing on Sunday!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
After having almost an entire week snowed off, I am mainly looking forward to riding again :p I would so love just to be able to go for a hack - the ice and snow was still really bad at home this morning but at work it's melting away nicely now so I'm quietly hopeful that I might be able to school by this evening :eek3:

Good luck to those competing

LeannePip

Visit site
Good luck Tomorrow MP - When is your next tails outing?!

Good Luck AE & J1ffy.

Praying for good weather for everyone!

Had a FAB flat lesson last night, shes just being a star at the moment, we also made up a floor plan for our test on Sunday which was fun - especially when it pelted down with rain and i couldn't hear my music so my mum decided to 'sing' it! :D
Working Saturday AM, then going for a Xmas ride with Mum and a friend.

Sunday is the RC Christmas show, we are doing Novice(something, need to check!) and the fancy dress DTM so I will try to ensure LOTS of videos and pictures!

{97702}

Visit site
I was meant to be arena Eventing - instead I shall be buying a car to replace my Landrover that I wrote off this morning. Never make plans for 2018, as soon as you do something comes to **** them up - won’t be able to afford a replacement towing vehicle :(

Bernster

Visit site
Blimey levrier what you been up to? Hope you're ok.

Have been having a v quiet time lately. Prob stay like that until Jan. Lesson today working on the basics - learning how to turn left properly!! Pah, you'd think I would know how, after riding for as long as I have. People visiting this weekend so no riding but I am off to Olympia with friends for our annual trip and shopping fest. Yay.

milliepops

Visit site
Good luck Tomorrow MP - When is your next tails outing?!

Um.. probably first week in Jan ;) can't find another A102 but got lots of A100 around so prob do that again. Not quite ready for 105 yet, but will in another few weeks :)

Lesson was brilliant today, K was really hot after all that time in the stable but she was enjoying her work... lots of good stuff, half steps, tempis and piris, totally nuts really and loads of fun.

{97702}

Visit site
Blimey levrier what you been up to? Hope you're ok.

Have been having a v quiet time lately. Prob stay like that until Jan. Lesson today working on the basics - learning how to turn left properly!! Pah, you'd think I would know how, after riding for as long as I have. People visiting this weekend so no riding but I am off to Olympia with friends for our annual trip and shopping fest. Yay.

Thanks Bernster - so very very annoying, skidded on black ice and smashed the Land Rover into a tree :( I am absolutely fine, just gutted about my lovely Landy! Love the working on basics ideas, that's what I am doing a lot recently - and jealous of Olympia, the FB pics have looked amazing of all the shopping :) :) :)

dominobrown

Visit site
Lévrier;13687713 said:
I was meant to be arena Eventing - instead I shall be buying a car to replace my Landrover that I wrote off this morning. Never make plans for 2018, as soon as you do something comes to **** them up - won’t be able to afford a replacement towing vehicle :(

Poor you. Hope you are ok! I am want a dash cam for christmas as its good evidence when a accident is caused by someone else for your inaurance.

I am meant to be do arena eventing on a 7 year old baby giraffe...

LeannePip

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Lev :( Its a real shame that when cars are written off, they pay out very rarely gets you a like for like, which is the whole point of it! Hopefully you can get sorted and you might find a Christmas 4x4 bargain.

milliepops

Visit site
Well that's the exciting stuff done for the weekend. Kira was tired at the show today, no surprise - I never take her out 2 days in a row because although she's pretty fit, it's hard work for her. Just the way things worked out after the snow helpfully rearranged my calendar for me :mad:

Anyway, she steered round M76 nicely enough, bit flat but doing her job. I went wrong, which is par for the course with that test - it just doesn't flow IMO :D but 64% despite that. And then a very short gap before AM98 because a whole class of unaffiliated elementary had withdrawn... tiny classes all day, I think lots of us hadn't been able to ride for a while!
she really hadn't had enough of a breather but she tried really hard and pulled off all the movements, again just a bit quiet. Good enough for 65% and so some nice summer Q points in the bag from both tests. Can't complain, and I think if she'd had a couple of days between outings I'd have been on jet fuel instead of diesel with more marks for the taking :D They had super snazzy christmas rosettes with snowflakes and xmas trees too :D

25395806_1784271484917687_5674635432113771364_n.jpg

She made me feel really mean by pulling lots of tired-and-mistreated-pony faces but it's probably done her good tbh, it's always helpful to push the boundaries now and then and what I was really pleased with was that she was trying and rideable - no unwanted random changes, no attempt at tempis instead of extensions - the lines of communication were clear and she felt confident and secure. Really grown up in the last couple of months, i can't wait to see what happens next year :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Nice frillies MP, well done to Kira :).

Early Xmas with the family this weekend. I've not seen Maddie or Molly since Sunday when I had a hell of a fall - flat on my already very bad back and cracked the back of my helmet - so need to do that at some point this weekend. Maddie's being fitted for hoof boots next Thursday which should be fun when I can bend down!

Lévrier;13687713 said:

Ah, that sucks. What reg is it and what's the damage Lev? I know you're not local to me (I'm Carmarthen way) but OH works restoring Land Rovers (among other things!) and we've got loads of Disco 1 body spares here. Failing that we can probably signpost you to some local that won't try and rip you off if you need spares :).

Xtra

Visit site
Feeling a bit jealous of all these plans. My show is cancelled (not even due to weather) wouldn't mind normally but it was my mares last outing before retiring so was looking forward to it.

milliepops

Visit site
My combined training has just been cancelled. Gutted, I've been looking forward to this for months!

Bummer, I see a few things have been cancelled because of frozen arenas too. Bloomin' winter :(

Salty was rather cheerful today - first time I've sat on for a week and has been stabled rather a lot... decided discretion was the better part of valour and finished on a good note before the explosion came :D I fully expect to fall off her at some point but I'm pretty sure it will frighten her so no point in asking for trouble :D Try again tomorrow... now off to early xmas with parents, as they are off on their hols next week :) christmas cracker hats a-go-go :eek:

j1ffy

Visit site
DF and Xtra - I hope you're both better soon :( Not a great start to Christmas!

Our dressage was also cancelled due to frozen arena. Annoyingly I didn't pick up the message until we were pulling out of the yard in the lorry! YO and I decided to redirect to a lovely indoor arena half an hour away and have a play. I ran through a Medium on Indio (never done one before, and we've not worked on any of the movements in lessons!), he was a bit surprised but did it all beautifully and seemed to enjoy it! So our plan of getting to Medium next year doesn't seem far-fetched, even though we're yet to do an Elementary.

All dressed up with nowhere to go!
25348618_10155867018819043_6853431445013743329_n.jpg

YO then suggested we swap horses so I had a play on her geriatric ginger, Rudi. Wow that was fun! He's only small but moves beautifully and certainly doesn't feel a month away from 19. Great to get a feel for a supple, elastic, consistent connection (and work out my stomach muscles as his Zangersheide trot is a lot bigger than my Spanish boys' :D).

Took Pocholo for a long hack this morning to work off some of his belly. Managed to avoid the rain for the first two-thirds but got a bit cold and wet on the way home!

LeannePip

Visit site
Eek Xtra & DF hope you heal up soon!

We had a fun day at the RC Christmas show - i've popped all photos and results in a separate post so as not to flood the one with ruby pictures, i'll just give you a little sneak preview ;)

hrnvnZf.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Blimey, it's not been the best weekend for folks, has it :eek3: Healing vibes all round - except MP, congrats on the frillies!

Not an overly exciting weekend here - although it did become considerably more exciting yesterday when I was riding and leading and met the hunt :eek3: This morning was tedious, quiet schooling on a frozen arena. I decided it was better to tack up and do some walk / little trot schooling than give in entirely. *yawn*

rosiesowner

Visit site
DF and Xtra - I hope you're both better soon :( Not a great start to Christmas!

Our dressage was also cancelled due to frozen arena. Annoyingly I didn't pick up the message until we were pulling out of the yard in the lorry! YO and I decided to redirect to a lovely indoor arena half an hour away and have a play. I ran through a Medium on Indio (never done one before, and we've not worked on any of the movements in lessons!), he was a bit surprised but did it all beautifully and seemed to enjoy it! So our plan of getting to Medium next year doesn't seem far-fetched, even though we're yet to do an Elementary.

All dressed up with nowhere to go!
25348618_10155867018819043_6853431445013743329_n.jpg

YO then suggested we swap horses so I had a play on her geriatric ginger, Rudi. Wow that was fun! He's only small but moves beautifully and certainly doesn't feel a month away from 19. Great to get a feel for a supple, elastic, consistent connection (and work out my stomach muscles as his Zangersheide trot is a lot bigger than my Spanish boys' :D).

Took Pocholo for a long hack this morning to work off some of his belly. Managed to avoid the rain for the first two-thirds but got a bit cold and wet on the way home!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is beautiful!!!!

Xtra

Visit site
thanks all would love to say I just missed a stride at a 1m20 oxer but nope I slipped on ice lol. some lovely pictures and well done to everyone who got out competing. One day I might be brave enough to write a report but they would bore you to tears just now