Weekend plans... :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Right, here it is then... Thursday afternoon and thoughts turn to fun times :D

What's everyone got planned?

Kira has a show tomorrow, M76 and AM98. Hoping the weather will hold off for us :rolleyes:
Salty will do arena hire on Sat, then a bit of normal-life stuff with mum & dad followed by OH's clay shoot team meal in the evening.
Sunday bit of teaching and then probably hacking with a snorkel.

Need to make a plan to get K out to arena hire next week because I've been neglecting that and we need the long lines to practice the advanced stuff.

Have fun everyone :)

LeannePip

Visit site
I am far too busy on here today despite having so much to do! I've only got 4 working days left till a new job so really should get my butt in gear :D

Nothing too exciting this weekend, work Sat AM, 1 to teach, 1 to ride, Ruby to hack.

Sunday a planned lie-in! then 1 to ride and have a grid/ pole clinic on Sunday with my usual instructor. otherwise not much else!

Need to get out hacking but everywhere is so wet still :'(

ihatework

Visit site
Oh giant one is doing a RC polework clinic on Saturday and a test riding session in front of a judge on Sunday.

Bernster

Visit site
Again??! So soon :)

Flatwork lesson tonight. Will aim to try some of the P2 moves and discover left bend which regularly wanders off when I'm not looking. Then I'm away for a delayed Xmas family do. But F doesn't get a break, stunt rider is hopefully riding him in a jump clinic on the yard, and hacking.

DirectorFury

Visit site
But F doesn't get a break, stunt rider is hopefully riding him in a jump clinic on the yard, and hacking.

I'm now imagining a stunt-jumping style clinic!

Good luck to everyone competing :).

I've only just-about recovered from riding on Monday so it'll probably be another 5 minute walk up the road for us. Annoyingly Maddie has recently gone footy walking up the drive (small-medium sharp stones) so I need to change something about her management - it's coincided with a very wet new bale of haylage so probably down to that which means Sunday will be spent getting a heston of straw and a round bale of old hay! And sorting out a paddock away from the others to move her to (they're fed piles of haylage in the field).

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Goodness is it that time already :eek3:

I'm going to pick up a new horsebox this weekend so am mainly excited about that and then I have a couple of months of currently vague plans for all three ponies getting out and about. Other than that probably just hacking in the rain as usual <sigh>. Though I might try to cheer myself up by having a play with putting Pebbles on some long lines - I've got half an idea about getting her broken to drive in the future, so I might as well test the water with her responses :)

Good luck all competing

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck everyone!

I&#8217;m taking Indio to his first Elementaries on Sunday. I need to remember my lesson with Adam - slow tempo tempo tempo. Then tempo tempo. Then do less in leg yield. Then tempo.

Spot the theme? :D

blood_magik

Visit site
Good luck, everyone :)

My weekend will most likely be spent shovelling snow and trying to hang onto the firebreathing dragon that is my 4yo when I lunge her after a six week break - I have three weeks to get her going before she heads off to bootcamp so need to crack on now that she’s been clipped.

The boys will probably do one day flat and one poles/jumping if I can be bothered dragging the jumps out of the corners, and then I might see if I can steal the new boy for a go as I’ve yet to sit on him.

{97702}

Visit site
Got my Landrover back yesterday - hurray! - and have a clinic booked in for Saturday doing angles and arrowheads :) :)

I also have a horrible flu-type virus so I’ve spent all day in bed :( :(

I’ve got an alternative rider lined up for the clinic & am hoping I’ll be able manage loading Jensen up & taking him down there for alternative rider to
do the clinic with him, it’s only 1/2 an hour away luckily

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Hoping to get out to do some proper exploring on uni-pony, weather dependent! Am going out with another livery on saturday so she can show me some more routes, then going solo on Sunday :) Not very exciting I know, but it's just nice to have a pony to play with, and hopefully it means I might ride like less of a numpty when I go home to see Henry next weekend :D

FDLady

Visit site
Very quiet weekend, only have the one horse to ride for clients this saturday so *touch wood* if the weathers good then i'll be plaiting up big ginge and having a photoshoot in (hopefully) her/our full glory under the excuse of needing ridden photos for advertisement. Her extended trot has been on point recently so i really want a decent shot of that - might even use it as an excuse to break out the top hat :D despite competing for years i can count on one hand the number of photos i've stuck around to buy and My groom/driver/glorified bacon sandwich consumer has yet to manage to get a photo of us that contains my head or FDL's full body - so quite excited to see what we actually look like together when we're serious!

Sunday im on a double shift at my "grown up" job (boo hiss)

McFluff

Visit site
I have a lesson on Saturday and then a BD show on Sunday - weather permitting. First time out in a few months, and we&#8217;re up early (I&#8217;ve been very lucky with my times up to now, so suppose I was due an early start).
Good luck and have fun weekends all.

Embo

Visit site
A quiet one for us, B has a massage booked for Saturday and should be having a jump at home on Sunday.

It's been a crappy week for us, riding wise. B has been very agitated so only lunged and ridden once this week (which was a disaster!!). All the wind Weds/Thurs really wound him up, so turned him out into the school to have a mad 15 mins... bucking, leaping, plunging, whizzing around, sliding stops... was a dope on a rope going back to his stable so he clearly had a bee in his bonnet that needed sorted. SO glad I didn't ride. Pick your battles and all that...

Got some dates in the diary at at last, going out for a jump next week and entering some UA Dressage for Feb. Going to start at Novice and have a crack at Elementary, too!

Good luck to all competing and have fun to those out and about!

MP, how far do you travel to teach? :)

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Playing matchy with polework on Saturday if the blimmin snow clears!!

If not I'll hook her up to a sledge and the kids can teach her to pull them? She needs exercise!

Fiona

Visit site
Our snow is just about gone, but the school was still frozen this morning, so horses not ridden since last Monday and ponies since last Sunday :(

Horses getting shod on Sat morning, and we'll ride them after.

Son has a riding play date with next door neighbours, but I might need to lunge his new pony first, or he can ride the other kick along one :)

Sunday we had a show planned (FR for son and new pony, connie class for me) but it has been cancelled :( :( so I'm on the lookout for something else to do.....

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
My weekend has started already!

Aintree indoor SJ schooling with Amber this morning, (4 am wake up call for that one..... ouch) She was fab.

Combined training at Somerford tomorrow with Amber.

Show jumping with the ponies Sunday. Max has put in sudden stops 2 shows in a row now and daughter has come off both times. Daughter hurt her elbow the most recent time and will be out for 3-6 weeks. So I am competing him for her to see if I can persuade him to play nice! .

Michen

Visit site
Boggle is off to Sparsholt tomorrow for dressage (ridden by his jockey not me). 20 people in each class so busy atmosphere for him will be a good test. He got a 1st and 3rd last week at smaller local dressage with me on board so feeling quite pleased with him at the moment! Then sunday off to clear round and dropping him at a local sj yard on the way home for a weeks training whilst I go skiing!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Taking M to dressage tomorrow morning, then riding A and H in the afternoon.

No plans yet for Sunday, probably mooching around the school. Might get some poles out depending on the weather

milliepops

Visit site
MP, how far do you travel to teach? :)

Lol, not far if I can help it, otherwise it eats into my own horse time too much :D

Super chuffed with K today, not earth shattering scores but a respectable 65% in M76 and 2nd place, and 64% for the win in AM98 on VERY tired legs as only 30 mins between tests. Both qualifying scores for summer regionals so some more points in the bank. Got the obligatory 4 for cantering out of the first centre line halt in the AM... :eek: centre lines are our nemesis at the moment. And fluffed one change for another 4.

*BUT* the first test felt really rideable, I don't really like M76 that much but she came out firing on all cylinders and ready to do the job. Felt like I could ride her just like I do at home, rather than just manage her emotions to get round.
That's the 2nd time in a row that I've had a good ride in the first test so I'm hoping that she is finally going to be able to do her best work in a one-test outing. When she starts PSG I won't want to have to waste petrol doing a warm up test so this really feels like a huge step forward :) :) :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Nothing major planned for us as still getting back into the swing of things. Cassie is on livery with my regular trainer for a month - probably my best Christmas present from OH, and far better than any spa treatment etc!! Not schooling livery, just normal part livery so I can enjoy the facilities and don't have to muck out (although I still have the other 3 at home to sort out). What's lovely is that we can actually go for a mooch round the local woods as we have zero hacking at home.

https://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo/videos/1013533092119051/

Today we worked on transitions, transitions, transitions. Will probably play with some canter work in one of the bigger schools tomorrow now that she, and I, are getting a bit fitter. Photo of the sassy one, just because I think she's pretty.

26678008_1012588255546868_7566922018847164220_o.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone, have fun and keep safe! xx

{97702}

Visit site
Well there are advantages of having flu/cold and sounding like Darth Vader.... Jensen was schooled by my rather cool YO tonight, OMG he had to work his little socks off :D :D Some lovely beginnings of a gorgeous medium trot, some nice counter canter on both reins, then popped over his first ever corner fence and some arrowheads! Too dark to video properly, but I am so lucky :) :)

Pie's mum

Visit site
It’s a weekend off competing for the ancient one as he’s been out and about quite a lot recently. I’m just going to scrape the mud off and hack him.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend and lots of luck to those competing!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Have fun everyone! Tomorrow is work and Sunday is a novice test at home. The guy judging is the same Chills and I had a lesson with a couple of weeks ago so it will be nice to see if the improvements we made in that lesson have stuck. It'll also give us a vague benchmark score to go from!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
first pony weekend since Christmas as groom/pretty pony wrangler for rara, it's looking like a salopettes sort of day on the forecast :D.

rara007

Visit site
Hopefully Cs 3rd indoor event- the December one was snowed off. Fingers crossed... the others will probably get the weekend off as I&#8217;m working tomorrow morning and it&#8217;s the best part of a 10 hour day indoor driving so after that in the rain I&#8217;ll be ready to warm up!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That's great news MP! That will be a major breakthrough if it sticks, you must be chuffed.

Oh my goodness niki, Cassie is pretty - you can post plenty photos of her if you like :eek:

milliepops

Visit site
That's great news MP! That will be a major breakthrough if it sticks, you must be chuffed.

yeah definitely... fingers crossed :p

Good effort from Salty today, most grown up she's felt out and about so far so pleased we braved the rain to go and do it. Trot is feeling more established now, she's almost ready to be pressed for a bit more quality. She was tired by the time we got to canter so a good note-to-self to canter earlier next week.Boring video:

[video=youtube_share;b5nq_Zzs6w4]https://youtu.be/b5nq_Zzs6w4[/video]