Weekend plans :D

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
It feels like autumn here which is exciting! And the rain last week has turned everything green, plus it's going to be perfect weather to do dressage this weekend.

Tonight Henry is getting a bath, then tomorrow we have our first dressage club. I'm excited to go along and hopefully I'll meet some new people and get better at dressage. Then Sunday we have a dressage comp. Just doing 2 prelim tests to try and get him to calm down a bit. I really want to get him confident in the arena, so I have written down my plan of how to achieve it. Now I have to commit it to memory.

have fun all!

Bernster

Visit site
Ahh MP I do like your refreshing take on your dressage outings with darcy. I think it’s good to be less concerned with placings and scores and focus more on what we should be working on. That said, I haven’t been out for months and have forgotten how to do circles and centre lines, as my last lesson proved!

F is settling in to his new yard. Obv a bit unsettled and day 1 in the school, he decided there was a spooky corner that he was having none of. Trotted around like a jack hammer! But much better already and we almost back to normal in my lesson this week so I don’t think it will take him long.

Got to watch his weight though as the new yard has better quality food and masses of overnight hay (yay!). Interestingly, he’s not wolfing it down now. Am assuming that knowing there is ad-lib hay has moderated his eating.

Chippers1

Visit site
Tuesday I hired Eland Lodge arena eventing course, Buzz had the best time :) he was flying round and kept leaping everything from miles away! Got a lesson tomorrow so planning on doing some grid work.
Sunday will probably just ride at the yard. Need to get him fitter but it's a struggle at the moment!

Rosemary28

Visit site
P needs to be fitter but I'm limited because the field and drive are both too wet to do any groundwork on. But I'm hoping I *might* just manage something tomorrow if the dry weather stays!

thommackintosh

Visit site
Great plans for many - good luck to those out and about :)

It'll be a long, hilly hack for us on Saturday. Now that the weather's a bit tamer and the evenings are a bit lighter I'm taking full advantage of hacking once more to build up some bulk in his hindquarters. I'm having a few wines on Saturday night, so we'll take it easy and pop a few fences at home on Sunday.

Sheep

Visit site
Just had lesson! Horse was super, very attentive and made good progress. We are still a bit wobbly at times - he's big and young, and I'm short - but it is coming together well, so instructor and I are both very happy.
We ran through the test for next week a few times too, attempt 3 was markedly better than attempt 1 so fingers crossed we continue on that trajectory ???

Anyone do Dressage Ireland? Wheels?Considering joining. Horse is predominantly for OH to event, but it might give me an excuse to get out competing a bit more too... is it worth doing, especially as I'll be at lower levels?

ihatework

Visit site
Well after all that malarkey with Tweseldown, what a beautiful sunny warm day to have off work!

Big fella was super fun to gallop in the sun and was very happy catching some rays when we got home.

I didn’t get to see the little midget yesterday but apparently he was under the watchful eye of a team rider who commented he was very classy ❤️

It really is quite ridiculous the difference in types between my horses ? But one thing they both have in common is big ears!

Attachments

• 05ED01D8-EE4B-445D-97C4-06609AC6F103.jpeg
    05ED01D8-EE4B-445D-97C4-06609AC6F103.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 30
  • A1748F88-1690-4372-8418-F6C504AC45EC.jpeg
    A1748F88-1690-4372-8418-F6C504AC45EC.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 30

Wheels

Visit site
Just had lesson! Horse was super, very attentive and made good progress. We are still a bit wobbly at times - he's big and young, and I'm short - but it is coming together well, so instructor and I are both very happy.
We ran through the test for next week a few times too, attempt 3 was markedly better than attempt 1 so fingers crossed we continue on that trajectory ???

Anyone do Dressage Ireland? Wheels?Considering joining. Horse is predominantly for OH to event, but it might give me an excuse to get out competing a bit more too... is it worth doing, especially as I'll be at lower levels?

Yes I do, they are well organised shows, 2 classes at each level. There is a new section this year called sportsman which is a much cheaper registration fee for competitors who only want to do prelim and novice within the registration year which might be useful for you. You can qualify for regional and nationals which have their own sportsman classes

You can also ride at any of the shows at any level as unregistered, it's an extra £3 per class so handy if you only want to go to the odd show here and there but you cant qualify for regionals or nationals - you can still ride at regionals though but cant be placed on the championship class

Laurel View unregistered league runs approx 1 show per month with classes from intro to medium - they are well run too and league prizes etc at the end of each summer league and winter league

nikkimariet

Visit site
I am now done horse wise for the weekend!

Rooni jumped this morning locally. He was AMAZING!!! Just so so so cool.

D354F9B0-7341-46C5-9F32-2DFA617BA43B.jpeg
0D8AE2DE-7600-4E31-BA63-899A640B03BF.jpeg

Thrilled with him. Will take him back for pole clinics and perhaps a SJ lesson just for some fun outside the circles and prancing. Thinking he may like an arena event lesson too...!

Fig for those interested... Was going brilliantly until mid week when he went downhill again. He is ok now but it’s another very expensive bill headed my way and the prognosis is that he may not be rideable in the future. I’m heartbroken. I’m just going to carry on doing my best and seeing if I can help him at all.

Tomorrow I am at crufts so looking forward to that as a pick me up!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
B Fuzzy was an absolute star at arena eventing clinic this morning; off set fences, skinnys, double in a lane of hanging tyres, roll top, water trays, etc. Started with warm up over 60ish then moved on to 70 to 80. She really tackled everything cheerfully, a little wobble at some planks (no idea why), but then flew them. Haven't had this instructor since last autumn, she was very complimentary about how much B had improved since then!
Edit: Pics added from stills off video, I'm not good at this bit!20200307_153255.jpg20200307_152801.jpg

Last edited:

DirectorFury

Visit site
Sorry to hear about Fig NMT :(.
We hacked and schooled on the beach this morning, I think we’ve sorted M’s stupid behaviour. She’s finally in a bit that she likes, I’ve shortened my stirrups, and we had a 5 minute battle with her rearing and launching forward to try and go at her speed. As soon as that was over she was perfect :rolleyes:.

Hopefully it’s a permanent fix!

dorsetladette

Visit site
Just back from the yard. B2 has lunged beautifully with his saddle on.
B1's retirement seems to be continuing ? I will get him out hacking but today was a scooter rally/meet at the campsite up the road so decided better of going out. I don't want to end up sat on the tarmac.

Haven't managed to get OH to do any jobs yet. Will be having a chat over a cold beer this afternoon about tomorrow's plans.

Pippity

Visit site
Off to exotic Barnsley (sans pony) to pick up the Tangerine Dream!

View attachment 41997

And then Blue gets her first ride in it next week as we head off to the vet for her to be scoped for ulcers. *sigh*

I spoke too soon. The check engine light came on as they were moving it inside last night, so it's gone off to the mechanic to be checked. Arse.

My horse AND my horsebox are broken. I give up.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Took the loan cob to our first SJ comp today. Just did a 60cm and a 70cm, but am so pleased with her.
Didn't get wound up by all the whizzy ponies in the warm up, and settled really well.
Into the arena and she didn't bat an eyelid and just got on with the job. Came away with 2 double clears, and although she isn't the quickest she was happy to take a few short cuts so finished 7th in the 70, and 2nd in the 60.
Super happy with her.
Will try and get out for a hack tomorrow before the rain starts again.
Poor quality stills from vid...Screenshot_20200307-175135~2.pngScreenshot_20200307-175046~2.png

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sorry about the horses and horseboxes on sickleave :(
My own Sicknote Salty seems to be improving at last, she was pointing the foot again yesterday so plan at sparrow fart this morning was to have another dig and then poultice but she seemed a lot better so we have opted not to open the hole up any more for now.

Anyway, Darcy went to dressage party and didn't come last! He did actual dressage in both tests, this is A FIRST. Not just steering, not pissing about (much), not sightseeing (hardly at all) and doing all the movements in the right places. Hallelujah!
The warm up was busy and not entirely running according to accepted arena etiquette ;) He was super and knuckled down to his work. Prelim 12 first and other than a little wobble where he forgot what we were doing he was very rideable, then Prelim 18 he absolutely shone with a nice set of scores down the test (plus one 5 for an unauthorised zoomy). Finished on 64% and 67%, and he was 4th in the second test in a reasonable section, only 1% behind the leader.

I needed that today! Light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like I could actually ride him to improve his way of going today rather than just attempt to pilot round the movements. We haven't had a clear round yet but I think it's not too far away :p

89311295_3109788809032608_5615262847203278848_o.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
That's brilliant MP, hard work paying off!
Thanks, yeah it's been a bit frustrating the last few outings, because he knows plenty now but it's been hard to get him to take it all seriously enough! I really enjoyed riding him today, and we had a fab canter in the warm up (I rarely canter at home at the mo so it's sort of improving just via the other work). really pleased :) A few more trips like that and he'll be ready to affiliate, I think I can do the BD ROR champs at Prelim gold so that would be something to try and qualify for.

Bexx

Visit site
Henry did dressage today, 3rd place in Prelim 18 and 1st in Novice 28z very pleased as his work is starting to look more grown up but still a bit disappointed with how I'm sitting on him, any tips for sitting up more would be great!
Fab pictures everyone!
Michen I've followed your other thread but haven't commented, just wanted to say good luck with your new pony he looks lovely! IMG_20200307_203448_763.jpg

KEK

Visit site
I am now done horse wise for the weekend!

Rooni jumped this morning locally. He was AMAZING!!! Just so so so cool.

View attachment 42035
View attachment 42036

Thrilled with him. Will take him back for pole clinics and perhaps a SJ lesson just for some fun outside the circles and prancing. Thinking he may like an arena event lesson too...!

Fig for those interested... Was going brilliantly until mid week when he went downhill again. He is ok now but it’s another very expensive bill headed my way and the prognosis is that he may not be rideable in the future. I’m heartbroken. I’m just going to carry on doing my best and seeing if I can help him at all.

Tomorrow I am at crufts so looking forward to that as a pick me up!
What class did you compete in Crufts?

Northern

Visit site
I'm working this weekend, so not much horsey stuff happening.
Grateful for the rain in the last week or so, it's really greened everything up and the grass (and weeds) is coming up well.
Not too long until I can get my new car on the road, then I can go further afield for more adventures!

I'll leave you with a picture of the gold ponies at the end of the rainbow in this afternoons lovely soaking rain <3

grass.jpg