Weekend plans :p

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Another Thursday afternoon rolls around and thoughts turn to the weekend....

Good week at Millie towers as K had a lesson and then Millie went to arena hire on Tuesday, nice little jolly for both of them :)

Tomorrow marks my 3 year owniversary with Kira and we are marking the occasion with a trip to Summerhouse for M73 and AM96 (eep :eek3:)

Millie will do a bit of hacking and then back in the school as she's off for a trip to Kings on Tuesday for M73 and AM85 ;) Didn't intend to do any more mediums with her but after the stonking score she got last time out I thought we ought to aim for Midway champs/Winter regionals just for kicks... ;)

Have fun everyone :D

rosiesowner

Visit site
This weekend will be spent concentrating on my work's big annual summer show. 50+ showing classes, plus jumping and WH, plus dog show, plus cake show/competition, plus beer and pimms tent, plus inflatables makes it a very busy day indeed. Wish us luck for a smooth day and good weather!!

Best of luck for your comps. And an early congrats for 3 years! xx

Amye

Visit site
I'm not sure if this really fits with the theme of the thread but I always read these so interested in what people are doing but never comment myself as we don't really get out :(

However! This weekend the yard are holding a 'fun show', just for people at the yard. I'm doing my first ever dressage test with my boy (Intro B - ambitious I know! :D). I fully expect to come last or there abouts but it'll be nice to practice!
My OH has been riding for about 18 months now (once a week from never sitting on a horse) and is going to do the jumping but with the jumps set low.
They're also doing some sort of treasure hunt/TREC style thing but that is yet to be revealed.

Good luck with your events. Much more impressive then what we're doing :)

ETA: Feel a bit silly putting that in now but it's possibly my only opportunity to comment and not just read the weekend plans thread!

milliepops

Visit site
ETA: Feel a bit silly putting that in now but it's possibly my only opportunity to comment and not just read the weekend plans thread!

not at all, there are no eligibility criteria for the thread :D Make sure you report back!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
not at all, there are no eligibility criteria for the thread :D Make sure you report back!

Wot she said, this thread is weekend plans :)

I'm off to ride a 6 mile farm ride tomorrow morning with the on site yo.
No idea about Sat yet.
Sunday I might pop along to local show but only to help a chum as it's just in hand and ridden with no jumping, but plans could get changed depending on weather and the 'ride London cycle race' as so many roads to be closed round here for the day....

JFTDWS

Visit site
Weekend plans are for pussies. We have whole week plans :D

I have polocrosse training on Saturday and I've even bullied dafthoss to join me in the chaos (for those who remember her!). Sunday I will be packing the car and trailer and sorting all our stuff out. Then on Monday I'm buggering off to the midlands for the week to camp and play polocrosse all week - well training all week and then a tournament the following weekend :D Poor Fergus won't know what's hit him!

rara007

Visit site
Working 7am Saturday- 8am Monday :(

But then on Tuesday heading down to Blenheim for the rest of the week scurrying.

Michen

Visit site
East soley dressage on sat I think- very nervous my idiot pony will dump me in the warm up!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Updated Sunday plan, now taking miniscule fuzzy to the local show.... could be interesting, must spend some time teaching her to trot up etc before then.... am sure 2 days is enough in the evenings :D

Mavis007

Visit site
Good luck Milliepops at Summerhouse. I see you have my "favourite" judge 😬 He has given me over 60% once.... I have decided it's not worth the diesel money in future 🙁
I am braving my 3rd PSG at West Wilts next week and really hoping he won't be my judge!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Boxing out for a hack on Saturday morning followed by a TREC training day for both ponies on Sunday. Need to sort out the trailer and load the car up with everything on Saturday night as it's an early start.

I entered my second TREC event three weeks ago and results are out. We came 5th out of 9 and did so much better than the first competition, probably because I had a better idea of what I was supposed to be doing. Just missed out on qualifying for the championships next month but I'm really pleased with the result.

milliepops

Visit site
Good luck Milliepops at Summerhouse. I see you have my "favourite" judge 😬 He has given me over 60% once.... I have decided it's not worth the diesel money in future 🙁
I am braving my 3rd PSG at West Wilts next week and really hoping he won't be my judge!

Urgh yes! I don't normally bother to look at the judges... but like you, I have not had a great experience in the past :eek: at least the medium has a different judge :D perhaps we won't hang about for 2nd test, lol

AandK

Visit site
Only horsey plan this weekend is a blast up on the downs tomorrow morning! Got a right soaking (could wring out my gloves and t-shirt!) schooling this morning so hopefully will be dry tomorrow AM!

FDLady

Visit site
I always read this thread and never write but this weekend is madness compared to our usual toodle out in the trailer on a sunday... so here goes ... dun dun dun

Tonight we're doing arena x-country practice for the first time with Grumps ... she's a big powerful horse so its going to be interesting to somehow collect her up over the fences but will be worth the laugh anyway. She has a habit of bulldozing through fences when she gets over excited but Hopefully she will take to it so we have some arena eventing to do over winter.
Saturday - dressage diva time in the morning. We're only just filming an elementary to send away for a judges breakdown and comments but the practice is all good. Whether or not i can remember it though is something else. Afternoon will be spent giving grumps a makeover and complete tidy up.
Sunday - First showing championship of the season for the giant ginger <3 My new hat hasnt actually turned up and she's managed to rub part of her mane off so i'll have a timed panic saturday evening but im really looking forward to it. I was told this mare wouldnt be capable when i bought her so to just get her there (not cared if we place in the slightest) is such a positive achievement in itself. I just want the photographer to get one of her looking beautiful.

Then its all a mad rush to get home and changed to be at a friends birthday dinner. I complain but i love the chaos really <3

Wimbles

Visit site
I'm not sure if this really fits with the theme of the thread but I always read these so interested in what people are doing but never comment myself as we don't really get out :(

However! This weekend the yard are holding a 'fun show', just for people at the yard. I'm doing my first ever dressage test with my boy (Intro B - ambitious I know! :D). I fully expect to come last or there abouts but it'll be nice to practice!
My OH has been riding for about 18 months now (once a week from never sitting on a horse) and is going to do the jumping but with the jumps set low.
They're also doing some sort of treasure hunt/TREC style thing but that is yet to be revealed.

Good luck with your events. Much more impressive then what we're doing :)

Don't feel silly at all! You're doing three disciplines in one day! Good lord, that alone is amazing! Can't wait to hear how you get on. Have fun!

I'm going down to Onley for the horseball league weekend. I'm currently stressed as am working until 3.30pm (started early so I can finish early) then got to orchestrate getting three horses down to the venue and then when we get there have got to have two of them shod (long story!).

I will be riding Sam for one team on Saturday and then playing for my usual team on Sunday, Lloyd is being borrowed by another member of my team and then Tiger is being borrowed by someone to play in the first division (we usually play 2nd division) so he will be thinking that he's very special all weekend! I actually can't wait to see the old man play up there with the best, he's a miserable old ****** but I love the bones of him and he's a remarkable animal.

beatrice

Visit site
Another that doesn't normally comment but thought I'd join in.

Sunday off for some BD and our first attempt at an elementary. It's not the best test for Lil but thought we'd have a bash anyway. Got to start somewhere!

Amye

Visit site
Don't feel silly at all! You're doing three disciplines in one day! Good lord, that alone is amazing! Can't wait to hear how you get on. Have fun!

I'm going down to Onley for the horseball league weekend. I'm currently stressed as am working until 3.30pm (started early so I can finish early) then got to orchestrate getting three horses down to the venue and then when we get there have got to have two of them shod (long story!).

I will be riding Sam for one team on Saturday and then playing for my usual team on Sunday, Lloyd is being borrowed by another member of my team and then Tiger is being borrowed by someone to play in the first division (we usually play 2nd division) so he will be thinking that he's very special all weekend! I actually can't wait to see the old man play up there with the best, he's a miserable old ****** but I love the bones of him and he's a remarkable animal.

Aw well thank you all for making me feel welcome! I'm not expecting much but hopefully will get some constructive comments for us to work on as we haven't been judged before :)

Good luck with your 3 this weekend! Horseball always looks like so much fun - I'm not sure I'd have the guts to do it!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Wowzers, lots of you are having super busy horsey weekends, and lots of firsts for people too - good luck for plenty of positives to take away:D

I'm being a bit of a Jonny-come-lately to this thread this week as my weekend plans are already completed. I went to do an 80cm combined training today, thinking it would be a nice interim step towards doing an 80 event in a month or so.....oh how wrong I was!

I turned up, looked at the course, and then had to find an official to ask what on earth we were supposed to do with it. I thought it was just a dressage test followed by a course of show jumps....no, no my friends, it was a dressage test, then a 10 fence sj course, then a 10 fence arena xc course. So that's 20 weird and wonderful fences packed into the ring, plus 2 warm-up practice fences. What's more it had to be the most evil looking set of 80cm showjumps I had ever seen - we had giraffes, followed by guitars, then jokers with spotted planks, light house with gate, zebra with gate, giant licorice men, a skinny that looked like a Chelsea flower show exhibit, water tray with surfer dudes on the side, palm trees, lumps of AstroTurf, lots of flower pots and a road closed barrier....so on my terrified-of-bright-fences mount this was going to be interesting :D

He was fab. Just fab. We went into full energy preservation for the dressage, warming up for 10 mins before coasting round for 63.75%. Threw some boots on and went into the jumping. I lost my way twice in the sj part (with that many fences in the ring I was surprised it was only twice knowing how directionally useless I am), so I gave us two technical refusals as I bobbed about merrily crossing my tracks, but he flew everything first time of asking, including a lot of fences that almost everyone else was having problems with, until surfer dude with water tray popped up near the end of the xc section. The black water tray was definitely a horse eater of the most terrifying kind, so we (now eliminated) jumped a couple more and finished on a high.

I'm so overjoyed with him, for him to tackle that kind of course is a massive deal, as we would have been done at the first a year ago. Cannot wait to take him to a little event now - to be honest it will be easier than today. Lots of love for the Dab man today <3

Sorry, no piccies :(

Last edited:

Lexi_

Visit site
Blimey DabDab, that sounds like a terrifying course! Well done to you both for doing so well!

I'm fence judging at Cholmondeley on Sunday so if anyone NW-based is out eventing, I may see you there.

Embo

Visit site
Nothing planned for tomorrow, probably schooling on grass as long as it's not too wet! Fence judging at Chilham on Sunday :)

Best of luck to those competing. Best of fun to all others!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well done DabDab, Topaz would have had a melt down at all that :eek3:!!!

Nothing set in stone for me this weekend, hoping for a trip out to Somerford or Kelsall maybe, but otherwise a nice moochy weekend for hacking and chilling out. Good luck all who are about and about :).

Snowfilly

Visit site
Finally getting the Clyde out this Sunday, subject to weather! After missing our county show due to a monsoon and the local agricultural show to a family emergency, it's about time he earnt his keep and gets a trial run for the heavy horse society show next month, where he'll be wearing harness and long reining and doing all sorts of odd things.

So we're doing veteran and grass kept, by which time he might be sensible enough for the heavy class. He normally spends the first class bouncing and screaming with excitement.

As his classes are late in the day, with rain forecast and the ground is already like a bog, I'm going to go easy on the feather scrubbing!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Sounds brilliant, DabDab!

I made a start on the other one's new job tonight as his harness arrived this morning...

20476428_667173739107_5298666519596965236_n.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
I love what a variety of things your boys get to do JFTD! And dab dab that does sound like a mental event, well done! Busy weekend for everyone.

Just got back from Keysoe camp, exhausted and stiff and regretting my decision to enter the 70 ode there on Sunday! We seem to have lost our jumping mojo so I'm not feeling great about it but I've entered and paid, so a 5am wake up it is. Hmmm.

Lyle

Visit site
I'm finalllyyyy getting to another competition this year, it's my second, woohoo!
Took the boy out after work to the local indoor as an outing, just got to prep him today (and clean my tack), before an acceptable morning start on Sunday. Good luck to all those who are competing/heading on outings/trying new things!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Dabs thanks you all for your appreciation of his efforts - it's v tiring being such a fearless braveheart (we're not mentioning the water tray)
Cw8gThC.jpg

A bouncing screaming clydie sounds like something you wouldn't want to get in the way of snowfilly! Good luck

That's super cool JFTD - is this a relatively new string to his bow?

Oh hope it goes well Bernster, just need to find a bit more in the tank

zaminda

Visit site
Canter track session tomorrow, we have our next 80k in a couple of weeks so lots of work to do. Then hopefully take two to a fun ride on sunday. Friend will ride my little 'project' new forest who wants a permanent resident spot, and i'm taking my gift horse for her first outing since being mine, providing she will travel in a trailer, which is a new thing for us!
Good luck everyone, lets hope the weather doesn't destroy all our plans.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm fence judging at Cholmondeley on Sunday so if anyone NW-based is out eventing, I may see you there.
We FJ'd at Cholmondely today, which was running the the BE90 and 100. Most problems seemed to come at fences 3 (Bridge), 9 (Hollow Logs) and 11 (Water).

Lexi, get there early if you want a bacon roll and a decent pick of picnic lunch, it's every FJ for themselves :eek3:.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Dafthoss and I had a right laugh at training yesterday :D

20507268_666602096882173_7690242454243323343_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hotbloodedhighland/photos/?tab=album&album_id=666599340215782

I'm actually crippled now as I spent an hour and a half running around doing a sort of one-on-one coaching session (blind leading the blind!) afterwards. And I've been busy packing the trailer / disco all morning for tomorrow.

I love what a variety of things your boys get to do JFTD! And dab dab that does sound like a mental event, well done! Busy weekend for everyone.

Just got back from Keysoe camp, exhausted and stiff and regretting my decision to enter the 70 ode there on Sunday! We seem to have lost our jumping mojo so I'm not feeling great about it but I've entered and paid, so a 5am wake up it is. Hmmm.

Jacks of all trades, masters of none ;) Hope it goes well - not sure I'd have fancied a 5am this morning! How was camp?

That's super cool JFTD - is this a relatively new string to his bow?

First time in harness. Going to try to get him long reining in it again tonight, then I'll be away all week so no progress then.

Poor tired pony!

Wimbles

Visit site
My three wonderful horses did me proud at the National horseball league weekend. I played on the ever reliable Sam. We had to play for a different team on the Saturday as they were a man down and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We won both our games with Sammy being an absolute machine in defence and scything through the opposition in attack. His pilot let him down a bit as it appeared that I couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and missed far too many goals but did manage to score three for them.

Lloyd has started to really get the idea of horseball and now enjoys it rather than getting stressed about it. He had some really great games with one of my team mates nailing the canter pickups and going through the smallest of gaps very bravely.

Tiger was on loan to one of the GB International players in their first division team. They were desperately short of horses so I offered up the old man, despite him only being half fit. In the first half of the first game his pilot looked after him as everything was happening a bit faster than he is used to but after that , WOW! They were flying! He absolutely loved it and I can honestly say that I enjoyed watching him play even more than playing myself! He was thundering down the pitch doing flying changes that Valegro would have been proud of! He's an incredible horse as the last game he played was looking after novice uni players.

I have very good ponies and I am incredibly lucky to have them.