Weekend plans, the sun is out!

zaminda

Visit site
Sunday was a full on day even though I woke up checked my watch and forgot the clocks had changed!
We went to look at a new pony for my OH's mum as she lost an oldie last week and it's mate needs company! We found a very cute rising 5 year old section b. She is really well handled and hopefully we will be picking her up Friday!!
Then I moved on to riding. I took Maisy to the Devrills for a long training ride and she was perfect. She is generally lovely on her own which makes it all the more frustrating that she is wild in company. She opened all of the gates from on board bar the ones that are too low to reach the bolt. When you consider that she is 14.2 it says just how low they are! We ended up doing 23k at 13 k an hour so pretty pleased with her and felt she was on for this weekend.
Sadly on trotting her up yesterday for our Mctimoney lady she is off in front with a hot foot again so obviously it didn't all come out last time!!
Then I took Winnie and Tamba for a play at as local school as I can't jump at home. Both were really good although Tamba felt a bit flat. I forget sometimes that he is not an Arab with boundless natural energy and I have to feed him something extra once the work load is up so will probably take him out again this week. He jumped nicely though but we stuck to 80cm. He also hasn't jumped other than out hacking for 5 weeks!
Winnie was pretty good when her turn came popping round at 90cm like it was nothing. Again we need more practice but she was better than two weeks ago so happy with that. She now has the job of super sub on Sunday and is being upped to 65k for the first time! It will be interesting especially vetting!!IMG-20190331-WA0025.jpgIMG-20190331-WA0017.jpg

Taliesan

Visit site
The 75cm didn't go to plan as I managed to lose jump 11. Whilst trying to weave back between jumps to get to the right side of number 11 Jack asked if I wanted to jump number 3 again - to which my answer was "no thank you". He then stopped whilst turning to the left. As I was slightly unbalanced anyway, due to the aforementioned jump weaving, that resulted in me landing in a rather gentile fashion on the floor.

Nevermind, I'd entered the 85cm just in case the 75cm didn't go as hoped. I was trying not to look as they were putting the jumps up and making the oxers even wider. The 85cm class also had well over 20 entrants so I had no hope of getting any sort of placing. I had never jumped anything over 80cm before (which was a single jump at the end of a grid) and I was so, so close to bottling out of the class.

However, the thought of getting a second round Trailblazers card was enough to just about get me to hold my nerves - assuming I could achieve a double clear.

Fear made me forget to go wide into the turn for jump 7 but my horse, being the utter saint he is, popped over it from nothing. This time round I also remembered where jump 11 was and, much to my delight, we got the double clear!

It wasn't lost on me that the height I qualified to attempt the second rounds for was the height I didn't really want to jump.

After popping Jack back on the lorry I trundled over to the office to pick up my second round entry card and ask about where I came in the class. Mainly for my own curiosity as I had no expectations, the round felt quite slow to me and there were some really fast combinations that I saw go round before me.

I was totally shocked and delighted to find out that me and my superstar horse had come 3rd!

Jack with Rosette.jpg

rara007

Visit site
That’ll do horse :)
54 dressage (FEI scoring, works out at 66%) one judge had me best at that test the other one second. 1 my fault cone down easily in the time and a lovely controlled forwards marathon = 3rd in the open horse behind established combinations on easier dressage tests. 2DE in 3 weeks woohoo. Really coming together now :)
E21EB9E4-EDF1-4AFA-AD66-A46333F42568.jpegCBD92617-372A-44DF-B076-6BBD6CCE1CC2.jpeg

vickie123

Visit site
The 75cm didn't go to plan as I managed to lose jump 11. Whilst trying to weave back between jumps to get to the right side of number 11 Jack asked if I wanted to jump number 3 again - to which my answer was "no thank you". He then stopped whilst turning to the left. As I was slightly unbalanced anyway, due to the aforementioned jump weaving, that resulted in me landing in a rather gentile fashion on the floor.

Nevermind, I'd entered the 85cm just in case the 75cm didn't go as hoped. I was trying not to look as they were putting the jumps up and making the oxers even wider. The 85cm class also had well over 20 entrants so I had no hope of getting any sort of placing. I had never jumped anything over 80cm before (which was a single jump at the end of a grid) and I was so, so close to bottling out of the class.

However, the thought of getting a second round Trailblazers card was enough to just about get me to hold my nerves - assuming I could achieve a double clear.

Fear made me forget to go wide into the turn for jump 7 but my horse, being the utter saint he is, popped over it from nothing. This time round I also remembered where jump 11 was and, much to my delight, we got the double clear!

It wasn't lost on me that the height I qualified to attempt the second rounds for was the height I didn't really want to jump.

After popping Jack back on the lorry I trundled over to the office to pick up my second round entry card and ask about where I came in the class. Mainly for my own curiosity as I had no expectations, the round felt quite slow to me and there were some really fast combinations that I saw go round before me.

I was totally shocked and delighted to find out that me and my superstar horse had come 3rd!

View attachment 30911
Fantastic result and well done for getting your brave pants on :D what a good boy.

spookypony

Visit site
Ready to go again after the marathon! My horse is wonderful :) 54 pen (66%) on the FEI 3* test, 1 cone down within the time and lovely controlled XC :) We were 3rd open horse but the dressage is effectively PYO and we were best of those on the advanced test :) Fab for our first run.

Your horse looks amazing!