Weekend plans

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Well its been ages since I've seen a weekend plans thread, and as it's almost spring, and almost the weekend I thought I'd start one!

I'm off to another arena eventing clinic on Sunday, it's due to be pouring with rain which will be nice :rolleyes3: Probably try to get a good hack in on Saturday but it does rather depend on the weather.

So what's everyone else up to?

rachk89

Visit site
Not much really, just ride the horse and try to get him to lose some weight. While grooming him tonight, I noticed that I can no longer feel his ribs, which despite him being very hairy is clearly wrong. So his feed is getting cut down a little and he is going to start exercising properly. :) And probably going to try booking him in somewhere for a dressage 'camp/clinic' kind of thing for a weekend of intensive training.

Bernster

Visit site
I like the sound of arena eventing, hope you have a good day, hadn't thought to check the weather doh. Sj clinic with the big grey beast on Saturday and hack on Sunday if I can fit it in between social life, bah for social life!

j1ffy

Visit site
Dressage for me tomorrow. Just a Prelim test, we need 8 more points for Regionals so I'm hoping we can get a few more as our next outing won't be until April. Then I have my step children coming to stay so I think the horses may be doing pony rides on Sunday ;-)

star

Visit site
Dressage lesson on Sunday before Regionals on Tuesday. Buggered my back up jumping on Wednesday though so currently in a lot of pain and wondering quite how I'm gonna manage sitting trot!

Tash88

Visit site
Hacking tomorrow morning if it isn't too icy on the roads, hopefully up some nice hills. On Sunday I have a dressage to music lesson, purely for fun at the moment though as I don't plan on entering any freestyles anytime soon! Will be interesting to see what my horse thinks of music and what suits him :)

Good luck to all who are competing.

Casey76

Visit site
I have two dressage lessons on Saturday, one on my older mare, and a shorter one on my youngster. On Sunday I'm off to watch my first French dressage competition, mainly to scope out exactly what is expected, and what level the riding is like.

I'm planning my first competition in April, and would like to know in advance what the standard is before I enter the classes!

applecart14

Visit site
We have just completed on a house purchase today (well my O/H has) so we will be visiting furniture stores and decorating this weekend. We are also taking the dog to the vet for a health check up at the vets tommorow. Hoping to go out for an hours hack in the afternoon at some stage. A lot to do.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Ahhh, haven't seen a weekend plans thread for ages. Good call, OP.
Quiet one for me this weekend :) Millie will probably just do one hack and one school, Kira is going to visit a friend's yard to have a play in another strange school in preparation for regionals on Friday. A bargain basement arena hire, need so save some pennies, lol.

Good luck to all competing :D

Michen

Visit site
Off XC schooling at tweseldown this afternoon... Taken the afternoon off work as original plan was to go at wkend but looking to windy for safe horse travelling!!

Tempi

Visit site
I haven't been on here for years (!) but did pop on today for a quick look - I cant believe the 'weekend plans' threads are still going!

Im teaching all morning tomorrow, then meeting with a feed company. Sunday I am judging all day. Will be riding my horses plus others over the weekend too.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Oooh glad it's a popular one - I thought maybe everyone was bored with them. I love reading about what everyone is up to.

Tempi, maybe we can lure you back to HHO now!
Michen enjoy Tweseldown, hope the rain holds off for you
Millie sounds like you will need a quiet one to prepare for Friday
Applecart good luck moving
Casey I envisage your youngster to be much smaller as you're having a "shorter" lesson on her :D
Tash have you sorted your music out for your lesson yet or is that part of it?
Star oh no, can you get some physio on your back? Good luck for Tuesday
j1ffy good luck at dressage
Bernster hope we can get some pics of the SJ clinic, how's Finn getting on?
rachk where are you thinking of going for your intensive break?

Casey76

Visit site
Haha JennBags. My youngster (who is growing again *aaargh*), is just shy of 16.1 and 600kg... my mare, who is older and "more sensible" is 13.3. So I tend to wear myself out for an hour on T first, then have a quiet(er) 30 mins on the Enormous Horse (and believe me, 16.1 is Enormous, when you are only 5' ;) )

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Quiet weekend this one. Taking a friend to her new stables Sat morning, (so sad we all have to leave our yard :(), will probably be schooling the pony next door again, Doodle will go out hacking, Topaz will be schooling and hacking and baby pony is recovering from a cut/mud rash so is on enforced rest!

Love these threads hopefully we can keep it going again :D

star

Visit site
Had physio yesterday which has definitely helped so just gonna hope it settles down by Tuesday! On the up side the cause was the horse jumping absolutely amazing in my lesson round biggest course I've ever done - jumps up to 1m20!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Well that makes it almost worth it then star, wow, well done you! Really hope it settles down
AlexH I've missed your posts about having to leave your yard, that's really sad :(
Vam it's been ages you've been horseless, are you seriously looking again now or just browsing still?
Casey you're 5" shorter than me and my horse is 5" taller than your one so can understand where you're coming from!
TFF hope you get out to the farm ride on Sunday

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
AlexH I've missed your posts about having to leave your yard, that's really sad :(

We're devastated :( they're building houses :(. Still have until spring 2017 but most people have left now so it's really quiet and sad. Need to get looking for another yard but everything close just seems unsuitable...

LiffWee93

Visit site
Lots of hacking as just can't school due to no facilities at the moment :/
Going to trim and tidy up the mare on Sunday I think too, ready for a lesson next Friday :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just sent away H and Tatts on the lorry for hunting .
J and I are doing XC clinic on a surface at lunchtime .
Then it's rush home do a quick bit with C while waiting for the hunting boys coming back ( they will be late as meets a long way away ) .
Sunday I will do C then work sorting out the house ( it's a bomb site or really a building site ) to be ready for the next stage of work starting Tuesday and washing some clothes and trying to get them dry as the work made the utility room freezing ATM so nothing's drying .
Then late Sunday lunch (5ish ) at a friends to meet his new girl friend really looking forward to this and hope this is the 'one ' to make him happy .

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Hacking this weekend, trying to get fitness up for camp in 2 weeks. 7 miles on the youngster then 4 on the oldie today. Same again tomorrow.
Rocky horror tonight!

applecart14

Visit site
Hope you all had a good weekend. We started the house move over the weekend, went for a lovely hack Saturday and then had thirty mins in the school Sunday and was delighted that two of the liveries managed to see me riding my horse in trot and both commented on him looking well and when I asked both said he was sound. Excellent news, going to do a video for the vet this week and dependent on what he says will be able to progress tocanter work by mid March :) Soon be out and about again as we miss it so much.

How did you all get on competing?

Last edited:

vam

Visit site
Vam it's been ages you've been horseless, are you seriously looking again now or just browsing still?

Had one fail the vet the other week so got to save a bit more to re coup the money on the vetting. Really just browsing again I guess. I have seen a couple that I like the look off so will follow them up but I would really like someone to walk over, hand me a horse and go 'here you are, this one will be perfect for you!' and off I go! Hate horse shopping...

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I know how you feel vam - it should be a really fun thing, shouldn't it, but it always seems to be awful. Saw a nice 17.2hh advertised the other day btw, can get a link if you're interested, or is that a little big for you?

My arena eventing was a mixed bag - G started off being, well, G. Uncooperative, spooky and unhelpful. Got his knickers in a twist at one particular (coloured) jump so then that became a huge issue every time we approached it; I ended up riding into it really aggressively but with way too much hand and he stopped for about the 6th time, and then stood up. Thank god for my neck strap! After that he settled down and jumped everything beautifully; so it felt a bit frustrating to be honest.

I am wondering if it's because I didn't take haylage, I took hay - and he just doesn't eat it when he's stressing. He WILL eat the haylage though - so he's being ridden on an empty stomach, and if that's uncomfortable for him, that would be why he's playing up. I will definitely be taking haylage with me when I go out in future.

Bernster

Visit site
Had one fail the vet the other week so got to save a bit more to re coup the money on the vetting. Really just browsing again I guess. I have seen a couple that I like the look off so will follow them up but I would really like someone to walk over, hand me a horse and go 'here you are, this one will be perfect for you!' and off I go! Hate horse shopping...

So frustrating to get to that point and they fail. I like window shopping for horses. Actual horse shopping less so!