Weekend Plans

vallin

Visit site
Quiet one for D as I'm off on holibobs on Sunday so we'll have a quick play around Ickworth XC on Saturday and then she's on holiday for a week.

Hope you all have a good one,

V

HashRouge

Visit site
Finish my dissertation! I'm so nearly there, but my motivation is seriously flagging! However, I'm then going to spend my summer playing ponies working for my old showjumper boss while I look for a serious job, so that is something to inspire me!

monte1

Visit site
No real horse time for my boy this weekend,
I am one of the organisers of a mini one day event for our local pony club and we are running the event this Sunday !
it is all getting a bit real and scary now as we have almost 200 entries and are just finalising everything and rallying volunteers etc ( getting enough help is hard work in its self!!) .
so Saturday will be spent setting up and Sunday will be I suspect a very long day, but i am sure it will be worth it !

cant wait to see all the minis whizzing round the XC course on their ponies!

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Sat here panicking slightly - taking Mike to his first ODE on Saturday, our stressage is best described as a work in progress (as in I still haven't found a dressage legal bit that he works well in and we do wonderful yak impressions), we've got early times and I've got to take my small as well which isn't a problem usually but getting him up at 5am is not going to make for a happy child - I'd normally leave him home with Daddy but he's been offered a VIP ticket to Chelsea so is also off at sparrowfart :(
Ahh well baptism of fire and all that :D
Then if we survive that I shall be mooching about on Loll as part of her rehab - so far so good she's behaved perfectly :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Spending Sat mooching about hacking.
Sunday riding, prepping, bathing etc and Monday taking FLF to major show for her owner to ride.

Hope everyone has a good one, and comes back safe too - from whatever you are doing :)

vam

Visit site
Nothing much as lorry driver is off watching the Drag racing at Santa Pod for a stag do. I think he is back Sunday so depending on what my bank balance looks like I may venture out to clear round at Felbridge on Monday. Possibly a bit ambitious as I've only jumped her once since I got her 6 weeks ago and that was last week in my lesson. Other than that its hacking and working on our homework from our lesson.

Good luck all and have fun :)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
~tries again!~

Me and the OH are going to a Trec training session on Saturday morning, and got a family get together on Sunday. Half-term will being lots of horsey stuff and beach riding. :D

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Off to do a bit of UA dressage at our local venue. Just hope Cassie is more relaxed than she was last time we went there (our first 'competitive' outing, I use that term loosely). I had a good schooling session with her today following our lesson on Tuesday, but as we all know replicating that in tests is not all that easy. Good luck to everyone out and about. Keep safe and enjoy. :) xx

DirectorFury

Visit site
Final yard move to the best hacking EVER on Saturday :D. Then off for an explore around our new hacking on Sunday! I'm so excited :p.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Good luck everyone competing.

Vam I'm glad you posted about Felbridge as I've no plans whatsoever and was going to look for some clear round stuff. Had a fab lesson on G the other day, first time I've jumped him for a couple of months and he was super, so would like to try a low-key clear round somewhere.

vam

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing.

Vam I'm glad you posted about Felbridge as I've no plans whatsoever and was going to look for some clear round stuff. Had a fab lesson on G the other day, first time I've jumped him for a couple of months and he was super, so would like to try a low-key clear round somewhere.

No worries. I will probably decide on the day if I go but I'm hoping it will be fairly quiet. Its a pain as they tend to run their clear round during the week which means its rare I can go. Pyecombe clear round is always my first choice but they don't seem to be running any. If you go I'll be on the ganggly bay giraffe wobbling round the 80cm :biggrin3:

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
No worries. I will probably decide on the day if I go but I'm hoping it will be fairly quiet. Its a pain as they tend to run their clear round during the week which means its rare I can go. Pyecombe clear round is always my first choice but they don't seem to be running any. If you go I'll be on the ganggly bay giraffe wobbling round the 80cm :biggrin3:

We might get each other mixed up then Vam - I'll also be on a gangly bay giraffe but I'll be the one wobbling around trying to stay on!

Wimbles

Visit site
Third weekend of the National Horseball League for me. I'm providing three out of the five horses on our team (my skanky tb ex racers :)) so am going to be a busy bee. Hoping that my new boy continues his steady improvement and that we do not go back to the disaster days of a couple of weekends ago where he just completely refused to move and the then decided to leap out of the arena into the wall!

I have been working really hard on improving my game so fingers crossed that we can get more involved :)

Hope everyone enjoys whatever they are doing and good luck to those competing :)

applecart14

Visit site
Nothing very exciting, but looking forwards to going up to the local riding club in the morning with my partner and I am going to do use the members field and do a little canter work and some raised trot poles. Then I am going to ride round the boundary ride with my partner and dog. Horse is rehabbing really well, vet felt leg last week when he came for colic and was very pleased.

Good luck to those who are competing, my time will be soon I just have to be patient! :)

DD265

Visit site
We hacked tonight, it felt like a baptism of fire as we've had a month off, new bit, I came to the yard stressed and there was a lot going on so D was quite anxious too. I actually led him the first 250m or so, then he'd settled so I got on (hands were still shaking when I got off though). I have to say he was super, I'm really pleased.

Tomorrow we have a lesson (tonight's hack was testing that I'm fit to ride again after surgery) and saddle fitting, then on Sunday we shall hack out hopefully with a friend. There's a local show so afterwards I might go watch a couple of classes if the weather is decent. On Monday we shall hack some more!

rachk89

Visit site
I am going to face my fears and go on a long hack today and tomorrow got a lesson with the horse. I am getting more confident I had a break through recently and since then his spooks don't scare me as I know he is lying about being frightened. So decided that since he is clearly bored of dressage work let's make it interesting for him. :) I might see about doing jumping in the lesson but we shall see what the instructor says to do.

rachk89

Visit site
I actually jumped my horse today something I rarely do as I am too scared. He was brilliant though really pleased with how it went and wasn't scared. Were only tiny jumps but still it was good.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
We went Trec training and had a great time. It was OH's first attempt and he loved it! My mare however, was a complete wuss (hormones) and couldn't bear the thought of leaving her beloved's side. Normally we storm through everything but not today...!

I DID record lots of it on the GoPro hat-cam but all I'm doing is cussing and whining!

Horses! Tsk...easier to breed budgies....

FfionWinnie

Visit site
~tries again!~

Me and the OH are going to a Trec training session on Saturday morning, and got a family get together on Sunday. Half-term will being lots of horsey stuff and beach riding. :D

Didn't you do that last week :p :D

I'm cleaning my house. Ordering horse tat I "need"...

Sigh. :(

Pics everyone please!:)

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I actually jumped my horse today something I rarely do as I am too scared. He was brilliant though really pleased with how it went and wasn't scared. Were only tiny jumps but still it was good.

That's brilliant news, your confidence will be back before you know it.

Your Trec day sounds fun DS. I did a little Trec at camp last year and it was great fun.

I've sort of lost my riding mojo at the moment and haven't ridden yet this weekend. Rather than going to Felbridge on Monday a few of us are putting a little course up at the yard. Hopefully I will get some pics for you FW :p

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
Well I feel as though I can finally post on here as after a couple of months of searching my new loan horse for summer is arriving tomorrow! So excited!

mudmonkey17

Visit site
After 2 week of no riding due to hectic few weeks at work I planned to groom the boys to make them look at least half cared for. Hack with my old boy and was so pleased that he felt ok after being a bit up and down lately. Then hack with loan pony and a tidy up. Big accomplishment today as we managed to trim his legs. Sounds silly bit this is a horse who has to be knocked out to clip and is suspicious of everything. So proud of him and now he looks so smart for our dressage outing next week 😄

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Well our little jumping session went well, although I was rather tense which does show in the pictures. We ended up jumping a few 90 fences although as usual G makes them look tiny! So many positives to take from this - he didn't even look at all the fillers, I managed to keep him straight and balanced around the corners. I just need - as always - to be less tense and learn to go with him a little more. It's definitely getting better though - fewer moments of bad and more of good!

Started off with a little cross:
Jennie%201_zps4r2hxwl3.jpg

Then onto an upright:
Jennie%206_zpsgeuawgpu.jpg

Had quite a tight turn to this one, I completely killed the canter so G couldn't jump it:
Jennie%209_zpssxtion75.jpg

Then came round again and kicked him on, so not stylish but got the job done!:
Jennie%2023_zpsm9rdljlt.jpg

Comedy moment - G took a flyer when I was expecting a chip in:
Jennie%2027_zps1k1pftrp.jpg

Jennie%2028_zpsfmeqcous.jpg

Jennie%2029_zps5ebdffhi.jpg

I really like this picture:
Jennie%2031_zpsm6x9abvp.jpg

This was a big spread IMO!
Jennie%2033_zpsllh3xmxn.jpg