Weekend plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
I've got a busy one so thought I'd post now :)

Tomorrow night my youngster is off to boarding school for 4 weeks. Don't know if I'm nervous or excited. Just hope she behaves!!

Saturday I've got combined training championships at Quainton

Followed by riding club teams showjumping on Sunday.

Busy weekend but last one for a few weeks :)

Good luck everyone I hope you all have fun.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Crikey, that sounds busy! You must be well organised :biggrin3: Good luck and hope you have fun :)

Kira had a super lesson today so she's got a day off tomorrow to get her strength back :lol: I am teaching in the afternoon anyway so that works for us both.
Quiet weekend for the steeds but I'm off to Dressage Skool, BD South West seminar at AM Dressage on Sat. Managed to rope in a couple of girls from the yard as well, so it should be a good day.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
BD on sat, having another bash at P17 & P19 so hoping I can remember my way this time! Horse likes this venue, unlike previous place I did those tests, so he'll hopefully be a bit more able to concentrate.
Then on Sunday off in trailer to meet a friend for a nice long hack. Hacking isn't brilliant at yard so will be great to go somewhere different.

Hope your youngster settles ok & good luck at your comps!

rachk89

Visit site
I am actually competing! Well kind of its just a fun day type thing but we are doing intro and prelim dressage. Then maybe some jumping in the afternoon and some games if we are feeling brave.

Currently sick though so I may well not get to practice and be doing the tests for the first time on the day but I know them so who cares haha. It's just for fun.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Not competing this weekend but I'm heading to Howe Anniversary Show tomorrow to present rosettes and a trophy to the winners of the Standardbred showing classes (on behalf of STAGBI who are sponsoring). A couple of my friends are taking their recently retired racehorses to take part, so it should be a good day out. I just love meeting people's Standies!

Sunday I'm going racing for the final time this season. Our lot are turned out now for the winter but we have a 2YO over at the track being broken in so I'll pop to visit her and drop off some better quality rugs (OH took her over on Tuesday without telling me and ended up taking the filthiest, most ill-fitting rugs he could find).

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive weekend :)

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Good luck to all competing :)
New 4yo has her first lesson tonight - we've just about got control of which direction our legs need to go in, so will start out gently with her :)
FJing at the RC Area Eventers Challenge tomorrow - early start and I'd have loved to be riding but with the Yob gone we've nothing suitabe at the moment.
Sunday - possibly digging out the brave pants to take the 4yo up the road for her first time, and if they survive that MAYBE having a first sit on the 3yo... (that's what happens when I go looking for an experienced horse to get out competing :rolleyes:)

monte1

Visit site
Busy one for me, starting this afternoon, have half day at work, then off to yard to clean tack and wash horse then over to Tweseldown to walk XC course in preparation for tomorrow, we are doing the UA ODE, feeling slightly nervous and sick but very excited at the moment!
Sunday I am back to Tweseldown to dressage write for the morning, which should be very educational as I have not written for anyone before.

good luck to all those out competing!

LeannePip

Visit site
Final ODE of the year at Tweseldown on Saturday morning, unfortunately cant get out of work to course walk this PM so will have a very hectic evening tack cleaning/ riding and possibly clipping, and a very early start to XC walk before 09.12 dressage!

Then Sunday a morning of Yard work for a friend before crashing in the afternoon, might go back to T'down to watch some friends run!

Busy one for me, starting this afternoon, have half day at work, then off to yard to clean tack and wash horse then over to Tweseldown to walk XC course in preparation for tomorrow, we are doing the UA ODE, feeling slightly nervous and sick but very excited at the moment!
Sunday I am back to Tweseldown to dressage write for the morning, which should be very educational as I have not written for anyone before.

good luck to all those out competing!

Good Luck! What are your times for Saturday Monte, may see you!

monte1

Visit site
oh dear ;-(
thank you, good luck to you as well and have a fab time.

you may well be finished before i get there then, i am dressage 12.36 then 14.44 and 15.30 ! eek

AlfiePerry

New User
Visit site
Good luck monte1!!

I'm 12.12, 2.22 and 3.08, so will be around when you are! I'll be on the bay napping or spooking at the white boards 🙄, just need to sort the husband out so I can walk the course at some point 😬

Xx

monte1

Visit site
Good luck monte1!!

I'm 12.12, 2.22 and 3.08, so will be around when you are! I'll be on the bay napping or spooking at the white boards ��, just need to sort the husband out so I can walk the course at some point ��

Xx

yes , very similiar times!
will see you there no doubt, it is our first event, so I will be the rather green looking person on a grey ! have fun!

AlfiePerry

New User
Visit site
Eeek, course photos up and unfortunately the 'duck' is included, my horse is petrified of it and when measured is more 1m than 90😞

rachk89

Visit site
I'm doing my first PSG on Sunday. Eeeek! Lifetime dream. Can't believe it's finally coming true. Just hope I don't embarrass myself!

Please that will never happen. I will be the one embarrassing themselves this weekend just doing intro as my horse still won't go down to the bottom end of the arena by himself on a regular basis. We are still going to attempt it and don't worry it will be getting filmed so my potential fall will get caught on camera. :p

Good luck at the PSG. You will do really well i am sure. :)

star

Visit site
Please that will never happen. I will be the one embarrassing themselves this weekend just doing intro as my horse still won't go down to the bottom end of the arena by himself on a regular basis. We are still going to attempt it and don't worry it will be getting filmed so my potential fall will get caught on camera. :p

Good luck at the PSG. You will do really well i am sure. :)

Am getting mine filmed too. Could be interesting if he gets his legs in a tangle in the canter piris or the tempi changes! Good luck in yours. Everyone has to start somewhere and we have been there in the prelims when I couldn't get him round the arena!

rachk89

Visit site
Am getting mine filmed too. Could be interesting if he gets his legs in a tangle in the canter piris or the tempi changes! Good luck in yours. Everyone has to start somewhere and we have been there in the prelims when I couldn't get him round the arena!

Aw he won't he will surprise you I bet.

Good to know better people than myself have had the same struggles! Haha.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Good luck Star! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Well... We only went and won some prize money in today's comp! Second ever BD, came 2nd overall in both tests (low scoring classes though) & won some money in the second! Delighted with my little dude! He isn't the most flashy but he's consistently beating some v experienced combinations. We were only a whisker off the first place in both classes. Judge said he's v obedient, accurate, great attitude & good paces but now needs more sparkle. 2nd test felt the best he's ever done, much more supple so we're heading in the right direction. I feel I now need to give him a bit more confidence so he feels happy offering a bit more.

I never expected to enjoy BD this much - I find myself disappointed that I can't get out again for 3 wks!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm doing my first PSG on Sunday. Eeeek! Lifetime dream. Can't believe it's finally coming true. Just hope I don't embarrass myself!

You absolutely will not embarrass yourself. Best of luck, hope you & Monts have an awesome day xx

How did everyone get on at Tweseldown today? Saw the course on fb, looked fab. Living vicariously through you lot at the mo, so lots of detail please.

Well done chestnutcob! Pictures please :)

LeannePip

Visit site
We had a fab day at Tweseldown, bit of blergh in the dressage which was annoying, but fair mark of 31.5. 4 faults showjumping, she jumped really well just unfortunately rattled the last - then an amazing clear XC inside the time to finish 3/50 in our section!

So proud of her - we've had such a 'almost' season it was brilliant to finish on a real high :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-15%20at%2019.17.51_zpsrfjlvgdw.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-15%20at%2019.18.07_zps9fbu7rgl.png

LeannePip

Visit site

Have an amazing time, i hope you can enjoy and treasure every second - what an amazing achievement!

You and Monty are such an inspiration!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Jennbags - no pics as the pro pics are terrible! You know when someone not horsey does the pics & they get everyone in the wrong rising trot stride or the wrong moment in canter?! I looked through a lot of the pics & even the horses in the Med looked awful! The prelim class looked like a bunch of people who were riding their first ever DR test, terrible pics!

rachk89

Visit site
I didn't embarrass myself! Got a second in intro and was 5th in prelim. Horse continuously spooked in intro too so the mark was low but still wasn't too bad. We did at one point instead of a circle just went sideways across the arena as he refused to go past the half way point but I eventually got him down there. He spooked at the bottom corner too and jumped sideways but I just ignored him and carried on. But parts of both tests were really good so pleased with him. :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Jennbags - no pics as the pro pics are terrible! You know when someone not horsey does the pics & they get everyone in the wrong rising trot stride or the wrong moment in canter?! I looked through a lot of the pics & even the horses in the Med looked awful! The prelim class looked like a bunch of people who were riding their first ever DR test, terrible pics!

urghhh so disappointing when that happens! Well done :)