Weekend Plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
Hi all,

It's that time of week again! I hope whatever you are doing you have fun!!

I'm off to Aston Le Walls, dropped down to the diddy height just to see if my lad copes. We've now discovered that he's partially sighted, hence the issues we were having. So I've been advised to not take him hacking or do things in big open spaces, such as XC, as he panics and the vet is worried for both mine and his safety. So we are going to attempt the arena eventing to see what happens. He loves his dressage and his showjumping, so we shall see!!

My 4 year old went for a trial at a near by riding school last night, they liked her that much she's stayed there on a week long trial with the possibility of going there on loan for 1 to 2 years. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She's just wants to work, so hopefully she'll enjoy the lifestyle of always being busy / on a yard where there is plenty to see

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh, hope 4yo settles in well. Good luck at ALW, fingers crossed he'll enjoy his outing.

Quiet weekend at home for me, first one for ages, what with YHL, BD convention and gazillions of shows before that etc.

Hacking & schooling for us... Millie and Kira now have to fight over the same bridle as I can't afford another weymouth set, but really pleased with how K has settled to the double, definitely the right move.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Quiet one for us too, might pop the Friesian gang up for a lesson tomorrow but otherwise hacking or maybe a trip to Somerfords farm ride.

Topaz is not doing any more BD until at least Christmas after her performance in getting her last winter points :eek:, and no not because she was so awesome but because she is clearly a touch stale of dressage and needs some more fun in her life :lol:. So some jumping and bombing about is required I think ;).

Fingers crossed for ALW and the four year olds trial!

Maybe father Christmas can get you another double bridle complete with bits for super K Milliepops :lol:.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Due to ongoing tooth infection (me) I haven't ridden this week, so have reluctantly cancelled SJ training early tomorrow morning.
Hoping things improve by Sunday as have friend boxing over to hack out.
Monday am hoping to pop over to open schooling session at M/Wood early evening, as booked it 3 weeks ago.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your boy mrsh, fingers crossed the arena eventing goes well :).

Flat lesson tonight, saddle fitting tomorrow, SJ Sunday

*on my new horse* :D

Oooooh, exciting! Photos please :D.

Hacking/schooling for us, M has been introduced to the idea of a Pelham (because I have no brakes hacking in company otherwise) and is going really sweetly in it. She's generally being a very good egg at the moment, I'm wondering what's going to make her halo slip :p.

LeannePip

Visit site
I have a pretty lax weekend - going to Twickenhams hallowed turf tomorrow for England V Argentina (MEGA Excited!) then working on a friends yard Sunday, might take Ruby over at lunch for a jump as they have an impressive course up and my aim was to sort out showjumping this winter, and thus far, i haven't done any!

Flat lesson tonight, saddle fitting tomorrow, SJ Sunday

*on my new horse* :D

FW you keep dropping these 'new horse' hints but we are yet to see any evidence of the purchase! Please could you introduce him to the forum so we can all swoon!

**Could you also update us on the current status of your herd as i get the impression you have been VERY busy shopping lately!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Ha ha no only bought one and got given another one too good to say no to. Got two cracking kids ponies 11hh and 11.2hh to get to the right homes now tho as daughter has 4 to ride just now (she thinks that's ok I don't!)

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Have a lesson on Sunday. Could be interesting due to feeling rather unwell, taking the mare for her second ever outing - if she loads, but have booked and paid for lorry hire and lesson so I'm not bloody pulling out now!

Gelding is on stand by in case she doesn't load as he usually is ok.

Jnhuk

Visit site
My original plan was to go a dressage clinic Sat & SJ Sunday morning with my youngster but cant do that now so now stealing OH's horse for the dressage clinic tomorrow - presuming the local roads are not too icy to get out on.

star

Visit site
Xmas shopping tomorrow then hunting with the Berks and Bucks up at Kingsclere on Sunday. My fave meet of the calendar. So many amazing hedges to jump. Can't wait! Even if I'm not sure Monty deserves to go after broncing me off onto the car park at SJ lesson on Wed when I tried to get on. Let's just say he's feeling rather fresh at the moment! Brakes on Sunday could be interesting.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Hopefully having a lesson today, arena was frozen this morning but sun is shining now. Was flooded during the week so hard to tell.
Tomorrow going show jumping, a new venue for us and the facilities are meant to be lovely so looking forward to that.

Bernster

Visit site
Xmas shopping tomorrow then hunting with the Berks and Bucks up at Kingsclere on Sunday. My fave meet of the calendar. So many amazing hedges to jump. Can't wait! Even if I'm not sure Monty deserves to go after broncing me off onto the car park at SJ lesson on Wed when I tried to get on. Let's just say he's feeling rather fresh at the moment! Brakes on Sunday could be interesting.

Naughty Monty! But v jealous of your hunting outing. No jump saddle at the moment and focussing on Wobbleberry prep so no hunting for us.

Ventured out to Stressage today. Last time out was 12 months ago. Improved our score by 10%! I might just make it an annual thing haha.

rachk89

Visit site
Lesson today was great. Learnt a lot although the guy made me do so much sitting trot so my stomach is gonna be killing tomorrow. I am usually a better rider at sitting trot but not on my horse he is too bouncy. Did manage but it wasn't pretty. No pictures only videos and the guy doesn't like videos being shared online so not gonna show them. Might try and get some stills later.

Did get stood on by my horse when he freaked at going into the trailer. Not fully sure if it's broken or not but don't think it is as I can walk without a shoe with little issue so think it's just crushed.

star

Visit site
Hunting today was awesome. Ended up following THE Rodney Powell over the open team chase course at Kingsclere. The hedges were huge but Monty was on flying form! Forgiven him for chucking me on Wednesday now!

mrsh2010

Visit site
Well done mrsh, and I saw your very upbeat update on fb star, looked an awesome day.

It's all thanks to the introduction to the blinkers!! We had a few nappy moments but no rearing nor bolting back to the lorry so I'm mega chuff. It was hard to swallow the advise of the vet of stopping the hacking and xc especially as this year was our first go at xc but the boys safety comes first. Being able to do the arena stuff was a weight off my shoulders and he had such a great time. Yes there were issues with getting on still but we did it. So thank you!

Hannahgb

Visit site
My day was a nightmare! Took her to dressage where she was an utter nightmare! So so naughty to tack up. Reared and spun constantly once I was on. Completed the test with the comments 'tactfully ridden'. Complete pain to untack. Put her back on the trailer, opened the car to head off to the sound of an explosion on the trailer. She had gone over the breastbar and pulled the breastbar off the wall leaving a gapping hole in the side of the trailer. She is thankfully unharmed but the poor trailer is not! Thankfully got her home without anymore dramas.. she did come 2nd somehow but not sure that makes the day worth it!!!

rachk89

Visit site
My day was a nightmare! Took her to dressage where she was an utter nightmare! So so naughty to tack up. Reared and spun constantly once I was on. Completed the test with the comments 'tactfully ridden'. Complete pain to untack. Put her back on the trailer, opened the car to head off to the sound of an explosion on the trailer. She had gone over the breastbar and pulled the breastbar off the wall leaving a gapping hole in the side of the trailer. She is thankfully unharmed but the poor trailer is not! Thankfully got her home without anymore dramas.. she did come 2nd somehow but not sure that makes the day worth it!!!

Wow that sounds pretty terrifying. Glad she is ok.

DirectorFury

Visit site
This weekend:
15181526_10154732954991882_3735930136159821603_n.jpg

15109584_10154720462501882_7243129785930112702_n.jpg

SJ next weekend if the trailer tyres are done by then :).