Weekend Plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
Hope you all have a great and safe weekend!

I've got our Riding Club Xmas party tonight, followed by a lesson tomorrow, a Riding club area awards night Saturday (I've won something - don't know what though!). Then Sunday I'm trying to persuade my mum to ride my 4 year old as I can't find her a new home :'(

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ooh sounds busy and fun :)

Another quiet one for us, my weekends seem to have gone dead now and the weekdays are packed! Got arena hire booked (indoor and full mirrors! bliss) for Tues and then a sneaky pre-xmas show on Fri to try and start our Ele summer qualification, hoping to get that sorted quickly so we can crack on with medium in the new year.

So, weekend - catching up with old friends and doing some work so I can play in the week ;)

sarahann1

Visit site
Shopping for a new tow car since my current car is weedy and I'll kill it if I keep towing with it and have a flat work lesson with one of my fav instructors who makes me laugh from start to finish but always has my horse going beautifully by the end. :)

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Quiet again as just got the youngster, she had a flat lesson on Wednesday so will spend the weekend hacking as I don't like drilling them too much. She's got her first riding club clinic next weekend which could be interesting ;) got to love a 4yo that within a few weeks of coming home and only recently backed is hacking out as the lead horse and not bothered by anything - even got mum to ride her out last weekend!

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm taking P to his second jumping competition (he's mostly a hacking / dressage diva but he's discovered a love of jumping!). Just an unaffiliated 75cm, it's all about getting him used to jumping in a comp environment (and me for that matter!).

Indio is just coming back after a month off for a pulled muscle, so probably a gentle school and a hack for him.

Bernster

Visit site
Hopefully off to get a jumps addle tmrw. Then Stressage outing on Sunday as part of our wobbly prep. Joined the riding club in Jan and this is the first time I've managed to make one of their events!

LeannePip

Visit site
Weekend started early for us this time, as i booked the day off work to do some 'Christmas Shopping'! - but actually ended up going to an arena hire with show jumps! I really wanted to jump a whole course but we could only have a 1/2 hour slot and the person before me had all the fences at 1.20+ and we couldn't get in before our slot to take them down so friend on foot only put a few of them down as it was taking so long!

Was great to feel her coming back to fitness and really feeling confident over the fences, a little too confident at times! Showjumping is my worst phase so i'm trying to dedicate the winter to sorting it out and not interfering ad then cocking it up anyway (first fence of the pink/purple double is case in point!!)

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=58af2477a6a21c7ad3edec25f5b44a78&oe=584225AB

So now going to try an get to some UA over the weekend to have another practise!

got to love a 4yo that within a few weeks of coming home and only recently backed is hacking out as the lead horse and not bothered by anything - even got mum to ride her out last weekend!

This is pretty much what mine was like last year, as soon as she was hacking, she had to be lead horse. Only problem now is she really likes going in front and without your realising she always manages to wiggle her way to the front again!

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Weekend started early for us this time, as i booked the day off work to do some 'Christmas Shopping'! - but actually ended up going to an arena hire with show jumps! I really wanted to jump a whole course but we could only have a 1/2 hour slot and the person before me had all the fences at 1.20+ and we couldn't get in before our slot to take them down so friend on foot only put a few of them down as it was taking so long!

Was great to feel her coming back to fitness and really feeling confident over the fences, a little too confident at times! Showjumping is my worst phase so i'm trying to dedicate the winter to sorting it out and not interfering ad then cocking it up anyway (first fence of the pink/purple double is case in point!!)

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=58af2477a6a21c7ad3edec25f5b44a78&oe=584225AB

So now going to try an get to some UA over the weekend to have another practise!

This is pretty much what mine was like last year, as soon as she was hacking, she had to be lead horse. Only problem now is she really likes going in front and without your realising she always manages to wiggle her way to the front again!

She will go behind under sufferance and whilst getting increasingly cross about it. Trouble is the other 4yo isn't exactly onward bound so needs the pull along so it's something we have to manage so she doesn't get too up herself.

rachk89

Visit site
More boring schooling, BUT today I am gonna try riding in the stubble fields rather than the arena for something different. Going to go into the arena for 5-10 mins to see how he is feeling today as I dont think he has been ridden all week and then if he seems sane, will take him over there so we arent enclosed by 4 walls. Just something more interesting for him and a bit of a test for my confidence, but oddly I and others have noticed I am more relaxed when not in the arena haha. So should be fine I think. :) Have fun everyone.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Agree, that's a gorgeous picture Fiona!

So jealous of you all getting out and about, just another 2 weeks until G comes home from rehab and I can start riding him.

FfionWinnie

Visit site

So jealous of you all getting out and about, just another 2 weeks until G comes home from rehab and I can start riding him.

That's great news! So glad to hear it.

This weekend I have just been hacking the new lad. I don't imagine he has hacked much alone before if at all as he was owned by a stud who bred him during his whole professional career and then did some hunting before coming to me. I imagine he's thinking I've managed to get us lost on the very long walk to the arena where the jumps should be and we never manage to find it :D

Yesterday we met an oil tanker (slight hitch in his stride passing that but it did take up nearly the whole road!). He seems great so far anyway.

Then I wanted him to step out of a rut into another rut and this gave him real cause for concern but again he doesn't do anything other than say really are you SURE this is a good idea. If I say yes go, he goes. By the end he was plodding through ruts with water in them. Had our first canter out and about as well. He seemed to really enjoy himself. He had had two days off as well and it didn't change him.

Another hack today and tomorrow we are having a SJ lesson, my daughter and I, with our posh big foreigners :D I've got another on on Fri too.

22C56099-B999-4A05-9A56-45400F3B5866_zps1wnpwfo2.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

Hope you find a good distraction and the time will fly by :)

So pleased for you FW, looks like a super chap.

I was really pleased with K yesterday, just a little session in the school to practice our changes from my lesson on Tuesday. She's always on cue now but if I cack up the timing she will jump together or go late behind, but you can't always feel it as ALL of her changes are quite.... 'active' :eek: Struggling to line it up with the single mirror in the middle of the school to see, until I decided to do them on the centre line towards the mirror.

4 correct changes in a row, AND they are super straight, that's the benefit of going direct to the mirror I guess ;) So proud of her, unlikely superstar that she is. Lots to work on, as always, but so much fun when you can see the benefits of all your hard graft.

star

Visit site
no hunting after all today. They went ahead but I bailed thanks to being a wuss about taking him out after the major frost we had last night. It was thawing but not quick enough for my liking and was too scared to risk him on part frozen ground :( He has been lovely this week though - lines of 2 time changes and some great progress with the canter piris then a fun session with some bounce grids yesterday.

LeannePip

Visit site
no hunting after all today. They went ahead but I bailed thanks to being a wuss about taking him out after the major frost we had last night. It was thawing but not quick enough for my liking and was too scared to risk him on part frozen ground :( He has been lovely this week though - lines of 2 time changes and some great progress with the canter piris then a fun session with some bounce grids yesterday.

Thats a shame, but better to make that decision if you are worried then wish you'd listened you your gut!

We went to Sparsholt for the UA today, ended up arriving with just a few left to go in the 85 (my first class) so rushed down, warmed up quickly watched the person before me go to learn the course and went in, rode like a plonker and held far too much, and deservedly dropped the last for 4 faults.

Was early to go in the next class, so had a word with myself about riding the horse properly jumped a few more fences and went in, rode a lot more forward and tried not to interfere so we hit a couple of flyers but kept all the sticks up and was pleased to finish 4th despite not even riding for time - more pleased with that as earlier in the year we were getting time faults in the showjumping (ODE) for going too slow!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Well done LP!
Shame about the hunting star but sounds like you made the best decision
MP that's amazing, what a step forward for you :)
FW so glad new boy is doing well, handsome and well-behaved, chuck a bit of talent in there too and you've got a star!