Weekend plans

Michen

Visit site
Midweek and no thread yet! Taking B to hayling island beach on Saturday, won't be swimming like six months ago but looking forward to a good gallop. What's everyone up to?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Kira's BD medium debut :eek3: on Friday.

Was supposed to be doing the elem qualifier and easier medium but the times got cocked up so we'd have ended up with 5 hours between tests ... err no, ta.
Venue have slotted us into the second medium class instead of the oversubscribed elem so kinda by accident we have medium 75 to do now as well the planned attempt at m61. Yikes.

Then meeting up with some lovely HHOers on the weekend. .. might watch a bit of the phoebe buckley clinic at the yard too.

Have fun all :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Horse shopping with a fellow HHOer on Friday <exciting>, then hacking as usual for us. Mads is pencilled in to do interval work on the beach on Sunday but I've not made plans for Saturday yet - long and slow most likely.

Photos of posh grown up Kira doing Medium please MP, she's my fave <3.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm doing the horse shopping and not sure if I'm more excited about the horses or meeting up with DF and MP :D ok ok I do know which is more exciting really.

DF oooh love a beach ride, do you go down to the mumbles?
MP good luck, you'll smash them I'm sure
Michen another beach - goer, have fun! Is Hayling Island a good beach, and how's the parking down there?

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm doing the horse shopping and not sure if I'm more excited about the horses or meeting up with DF and MP :D ok ok I do know which is more exciting really.

Clearly the HHO meet up is more exciting ;).

Mads is actually kept only a 15 minute ride from Caswell so we're very regular visitors as the yard has no school. Then 30 mins away we have Pwll Du, and about an hour away is Three Cliffs <spolit>.
Caswell Bay from the cliffs:
15965442_10154894270711882_7809454924555060251_n.jpg

Caswell from beach level:
15781110_10154873361116882_3369028932901198088_n.jpg

Pwll Du path
15966313_10154902466251882_3125412821974861532_n.jpg

Pwll Du Bay
15894690_10154902465371882_6729885377014277902_n.jpg

Three Cliffs Bay from Southgate cliffs
15826313_10154876610946882_1025853537448484473_n.jpg

Three Cliffs Bay from beach level
14937475_10154692017391882_3750515327117852634_n.jpg

Before this yard move my hacking was basically the main road from the M4 to Hendy so I think I've earned it!

LeannePip

Visit site
Michen another beach - goer, have fun! Is Hayling Island a good beach, and how's the parking down there?

Yes parking is pretty good, we go down a couple of times a year and there is plenty of room for several boxes and trailers if you go up to the golf course behind the beach huts. Between April and Oct the times you can ride on the beach are limited though!

We dont have many plans this weekend just back in the school prepping for the RC team dressage Q next weekend. Had a lesson yesterday which was great, one of those be brave and have confidence in the fact you are doing it right, even if she protests and doesn't get it straight away. As dressage is pretty new to me, if i ask something and she reacts negatively my initial reaction is to back off as i think im doing it wrong, rather than keep pushing her through and waiting for the eureka moment! We dismantled alot of things that I need to work on individually, so tonnes of homework to do, before we try and piece it back together next week before the test.

milliepops

Visit site
so jealous of your hacking DF, it is so beautiful. We are confined to lanes at this time of year, though we nearly followed a racehorse up the gallops yesterday as it belted up the hill just as we passed :eek3: NOT a good time to be doing ride and lead!

Feeling slightly more positive about M75 today after schooling this morning, the simple changes from counter canter will probably be the weak spot as I tend to school them off a tighter turn, but she's better at the medium trot straight out of HP than Millie ever was... what will be, will be. Think we'll be on our tod so photos unlikely, apart from gurning pics by the lorry :eek:

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Good luck MP, Kira will smash it :)
Hope the horse hunt is fruitful JB
Envious of everyone's hacking at the moment - last weekend's was dictated by which roads / tracks were relatively ice free which wasn't many!
We've got a lesson first thing Saturday morning - will also be Annie's first solo hack to get down to my trainers (<1mile away - makes for a nice warm up ;)) so fingers crossed that all goes well and we're early enough that there shouldn't be too much traffic.

tatty_v

Visit site
Gosh, that beach hacking looks amazing! Very jealous. We will be hacking bright and early on Saturday morning (weather permitting!) as the shoot is on in the afternoon so he'll be in and sedated from lunchtime. Irritating, but at least it's the last of the year. Lesson on Sunday. We are trying the step up from Prelim to Novice so lots of exercise to help with flexion, softness and collection. Last time he thought the shallow loops in canter were great fun :)

Bernster

Visit site

MP good luck, you'll smash them I'm sure

Oh exciting Hope it goes well. Shame about your boy, how is he getting on? Sorry if I've missed it.

Bernster

Visit site
For us, dressage clinic on Saturday (feeling a bit stale so hoping for some inspiration) then if the weather holds practising some jumping at home on Sunday. Wobbleberry prep !

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Thanks Bernster, he's not good, I've not really posted about it as rather depressing. He's more lame after surgery than he was before, the vet is highly pessimistic about any recovery but once spring arrives I'm going to turn him away for 12-18 months and hope for the best.

Bernster

Visit site
Thanks Bernster, he's not good, I've not really posted about it as rather depressing. He's more lame after surgery than he was before, the vet is highly pessimistic about any recovery but once spring arrives I'm going to turn him away for 12-18 months and hope for the best.

I'm sorry to hear that. They break your heart sometimes, horses. Fingers crossed some time off will help him. I did the same as you, roughed off my mare to give her some RnR, and found Finnegan. I hope you find a good steed!

KM-R

Visit site
Wobbleberry prep for me this weekend! Off arena eventing tomorrow (one teeny class to make us brave, one brave pants class to see if we're anywhere close to going BE in the first events of the year) and then a hack on Sunday. I'd be lying if I said I was totally confident about putting it all together at 80cms (which I know isn't big in the scheme of things, but is for C and I) but every time I've asked this horse to step up for me he's gone better and better, so fingers crossed!

Have a lovely weekend, all!

milliepops

Visit site
Well, BD medium debut done and dusted :p we survived :eek:

The warm up for the first test was a bit OTT and I struggled to get Kira through enough as she was keeping one eye on the big WB doing tempis and piris at regular intervals :D Steered round M61 in a half-arsed way, nearly fell off as we had a GIANT spook right in front of the judge when we should have been doing a 10m circle... clung on and carried on as if it was a required movement :p 59% was about right, all told, lol!

Struggled to get the motivation to have another go for M75, but you know, we'd paid so we better do it, right?! Told Kira she better pull her socks up as this was going to be bl00dy difficult, and she did her very best :):):) Still a bit lacking in lateral suppleness but better than the previous test, and she struck off wrong after the walk piris which was strange, but other than that couldn't really ask any more at this point. :D:D 63% even with a 4 (and a 5 for the tranter after the first halt!!)
So it felt a bit doom and gloom to start with but am feeling really positive now. If we had done one elem and one med as planned I think we'd have been able to work through the wobbles better, but it's a good benchmark.

No fancy pics, sorry, as on our tod, but as promised here's a gurning one! She really was very tired!

16174701_1443530795658426_6318125680290034055_n_zpsjkfe9nvv.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend now :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well done MP, Kira looks super duper.
Good luck and enjoy everyone and oh my, that beach, wow.
Nothing interesting for me this weekend, just hacking and then might take baby horse for a walk in full tack. Oh, and loading practice - not that baby horse needs it really, she's already better than the nit of a 7 yo that I stupidly tried to use as a calming influence :rollseyes:

ihatework

Visit site
My weekend hasn't gone well so far.
Fell off my blooming horse and then managed to get kicked by my foal. I reckon it's a conspiracy! I'm now bilaterally lame!!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
My weekend hasn't gone well so far.
Fell off my blooming horse and then managed to get kicked by my foal. I reckon it's a conspiracy! I'm now bilaterally lame!!!

You have my sympathy and understanding as I managed to fall off one of my daughter's ponies hurting my pelvis, neck and giving myself a mild concussion. Ribs stood up to landing on my stupid fat back tho so that's something. I am now wondering what the hell falling off 17h might do to me. Hopefully will never find out.

Well done everyone else and looking forward to hearing about horse shopping JB.

rachk89

Visit site
Hacking and schooling. My horse actually showed how good he can actually be yesterday he had to play nanny to the pony that is usually his nanny. The mare got a little frightened by horses in the fields and started jogging a lot which scared her rider. So I put my boy in front her and she calmed down a bit then went to bolt past me so we stopped and decided to go back to the yard.

We did however once back go into another field for a walk around and suddenly the mare had to be nanny again because my horse is scared of crows. He likes to hide behind his friend so the crows dont see him. Nevermind that she is 14hh and he is 16...

Tried to teach him extension in trot but think I am getting the cues wrong so going to get a lesson to see where I am going wrong. All he does is runs faster which isnt exactly the point. Collection is easy but extension he's not managed to understand yet.

blood_magik

Visit site
We made the move up to Newcomers this weekend. I'd previously attempted one just over a year ago but pulled up about halfway through. Then we had a break due to hock/coffin joints needing re-medicated and we never really got going again until the end of November/December just there.

Had a slight mishap coming out of one of the doubles (pilot error) and had to stop to sort out my knitting (one of the downsides to jumping with double reins - not always being able to grab both when you accidentally drop them &#128528;&#128584; ) but we eventually finished with just one down (plus multiple time faults &#128556; ). Still, I'm super happy with my big guy - couldn't have asked for more from him. &#128578;

Hope everyone's had a productive weekend with the results they were hoping for.

Last edited: