Weekend plans

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Doris is here, ponies are tucked up with extra hay, not sure if they'll fancy the field today :lol:.
Lets hope she sods off for the weekend, good luck!

Sunday Skylla is making her BD debut :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
eeeeee! Skylla! :D

Yup we're in full Doris mode too here today, my girls would have been delighted to go in the fields and fly like kites with the wind in their rugs but the paddocks are closed :eek:

Pre regionals lesson tomorrow for Kira, followed by a quiet weekend ticking her over ready for Summerhouse on Wednesday.
Millie will do some hacking, and get primped and pruned ready for her showing debut next week :p

Bernster

Visit site
Yay for Millie's showing debut! Look forward to the reports.

If we don't get blown away, I'm off to munstead for some Wobbleberry organised xc training on Saturday. First time on grass for quite a while. Last time (solo) he was a spooky nappy pain in the bum, which was very unlike him, so am hoping these recent trips out have reminded him that he's actually a v well behaved non spooky just get on and do it, type of horse!

I have munstead in my sights for the BE 80 in Sept and I've never been before.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Snow here.

Meeting potential sharers to take over from me on my amazing share horse, because after today I might just have my own!

So Sunday may be spent visiting her :) :)

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
OP - good luck and remember to post photos!
Same goes for you too Alex!
Best of luck for next week with Millie - another one who will be looking forward to the reports (I live vicariously through you guys while my horses aren't racing!).

Bernster - fingers crossed your boy comes back to his senses!

Tomorrow I'm delivering one of our horses to his new home; we previously raced him with plenty of success but because we have so many to race he's been standing in the field for the whole of last year. Seemed a waste of a racehorse because he could give somebody a lot of fun, and we've managed to find him a home with a young lad wanting to take his driving test and race down in Wales. He was looking for something bombproof which knows what racing is all about so that he can learn the ropes in relative safety and Wild Bill (don't be fooled by the name) is perfect for that. I'm hoping the two of them have plenty of success together this summer.

Saturday I'm heading to a national racing and breeding awards night which I've been organising. It's keeping me awake at night worrying if I've forgotten something but I've put a lot of time and effort into things like the video presentations for the award winners so I'm hoping it'll all be alright on the night!

Sunday...I'll be recovering from the previous night and pottering around with my 3YO filly who has just come in to be trained. Feeding her up at the moment and doing loads of groundwork before the jogging starts in a couple of weeks. She'll have the benefit of me looking and feeling like death - thankfully she has the patience of a saint!

JLG

Visit site
Doris is not here yet. Light rain and no wind.
We've even had a glimmer of blue sky so I'm hoping we will escape the worst.
Stay safe everyone

Sophire

Visit site
I'm hoping Doris has gone by the weekend. Going to jump possibly for the first time since September last year so hopefully will help me get my eye in and get the motivation to get out more! The other day will just be for hacking.

Fingers crossed for you Jenni!!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I can't resist posting this face.... 1 hour 3 minutes to go!

IMG_3251_zpseyrxcvkp.jpg

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Fingers crossed for you Jenni_ that's a lovely head to look at (and let face it that's definitely high on the list of must haves for a new horse :D)
Good luck to all competing.
We managed a schooling session in the early stages of Doris last night - she worked blimmin lovely considering the howling wind, flapping horsehage wrap and myriad other wind/rain related distractions, she really never stops surprising me for a green 5yo chestnut mare she can be SO sensible. This weekend we are going to be tack trialling as our current saddle isn't working for us - if my feet are in the right place on the girth my butt is off the back of the saddle :eek: and whilst madam is sensible in howling gales on the flat, in front of a fence she's currently rather rude so I think I've sussed my dressage/flat work bit for her but need to find something for short term "this is what being polite means" use just while jumping is waaaay too exciting. We have a RC clinic on Sunday so will see how she is then :)

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Fingers crossed for you Jenni and good luck to everyone competing. Bernster hope you have a good day too.

If I can convince my OH to film me, I'll be doing a couple of dressage tests for Dressage Anywhere.

Other than that it will mainly working as have a big trade show on next week.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Taps foot...

Going SJ on Sat and hoping to recreate forward canter and no (t much) rider idiocy from lesson on Wed. Currently wondering what I can plan for Sunday!