Weekend plans!

{97702}

Visit site
Lévrier;13554801 said:
18557111_10155742165384587_7892832226390177704_n.jpg

A pic of the Super Sports Cob in his lesson today..... not quite there yet but so much improved :)

18527785_10155742165464587_1432006957054044589_n.jpg

Won't let me edit, but I like this one better...

LeannePip

Visit site
Sounds like everyone's having a good weekend!

Yesterday a friend and I fence judged at Tweseldown, weather was a bit pants so we sat in the car most of the day - back again tomorrow for the big classes sop hoping weather is much better so we can sit in the sun!

Had a bit of work this morning then went to ride. We are allowed back on the farm to ride again now so i took the opportunity to put some fitness work in ahead of our next event - aka - cantering round the fields! :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Photo%2020-05-2017%2C%2019%2012%2026.jpg

So after getting cast yesterday and a minor cut he came out sound this morning and off we went. I had hoped to get a good percentage. The flag poles at A were blowing in the wind and a plant pot had gone over. I came out of the test happy with the work he gave me but disappointed in the silliness that I though we had overcome. Put him back on the lorry and headed over for the results as we were the last to go. He only went and got joint 6th! So we now have a beautiful Hickstead rosette and a Hickstead rug! Never thought I would place especially after his outbursts!

Can someone fix my picture for me, I'm useless!

Love the rug!

Also well done on the AM debut, milliepops!

ihatework

Visit site
Millipops Kira really is turning into a star, what a find she was.

I'm really pleased with my young Irish chap, having been so competition focussed for so long I'm really enjoying working with a young project again, very rewarding.
He went out for his second jump since arriving and was a little star, popped straight round a course without batting an eyelid. Then today went to the all weather gallops in nanny capacity. He is proving to be virtually unflappable. Must get some action shots.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Also well done on the AM debut, milliepops!

Millipops Kira really is turning into a star, what a find she was.

It's certainly making up for the first horrible 12 months, I'm so glad I stuck at it because I was quite close to sending her to the kennels :eek: Just a shame she isn't a bit taller! Story of my horsey life...

Must get some action shots.
Yes! he sounds like a cracker, looking forward to more pics ;)

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Sounds like everyone had fun :)
Our competition debut can best be described as... interesting :rolleyes:
First class (75-80) she was really good, had one naughty moment when I kept the canter round the corner and she took advantage to bob off with me as we came round but represented and jumped nicely, she wasn't bothered by any of the fillers etc and in most of the pictures is clearly giving everything plenty of air.
However... her lorry companion then had to jump and as we were jumping to times the other horse had to go on and off the lorry twice before our next round. Well that was where it all started to go wrong. She wasn't too bad the first time the other went off. But the second time she was getting increasingly hysterical, trying to climb up on the lockers and biting the partition in temper :mad3: Came to tack her back up (there were 2.5hrs between rounds) and she was in full on stroppy mare mode - bit mum twice :O which is very much not her, and was a madam to get on - again not her. Gave up trying to warm up as it was all a bit brain blowing - we couldn't get a good canter to the fence as there were too many people in there so just said blow it walked her round for a while to try and get her to chill out and took her in. To say she was unhelpful would be an understatement - bogged off after fence one and ended up crashing into the wing of an unused fence as I wouldn't let her go in the direction she wanted, then just messed around as much as possible. We made it around the course with lots of trotting and not allowing her to clear off after the fence but to say it wasn't an experience I'd like to repeat would be an understatement - coming to the last we were heading for the wing but I just about managed to keep her in resulting in a ridiculous jump.
Conclusion - she's like the little girl with a curl, when she's good she's very very good, when she's bad she's horrid.
Pic of the first fence - before it went wrong ;)
attachment.php

Sophire

Visit site
It sounds like everyone has had a good weekend!

Milliepops - I follow Olivia Towers on social media and was thinking about maybe trying to arrange a lesson at some point. How do you find her instruction wise?

I had a really good day out at dressage on Saturday. A little disappointed with my scores, not because of judges/ marking, but in the first test she spooked as we went through the boards and I ended up cantering my first few strides up the CL and then she was just really tense and sharp for the rest of the test. After that and before my second test she gave me some really really nice work and then I just let her down when in the ring. I shrink back and become a little conservative in my riding. On the whole though I'm really happy with her, she's the easiest horse to take out.

Sunday I went to help a friend at Tweseldown and she had a good day so a fun weekend all round!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Milliepops - I follow Olivia Towers on social media and was thinking about maybe trying to arrange a lesson at some point. How do you find her instruction wise?

I found it really useful, haven't had a lesson on Millie for over a year as she had her latest accident about 12 months ago now.... so I really needed a kick up the bum on a few things :eek: Stuff I am all over with Kira but feels so different on Millie, plus she is old and battered so I am soft on her. I don't think there were any particular *ah ha*s but we weren't trying to learn new stuff, was more about getting back to where we should be.

I watched most of the other lessons and some of them had some serious lightbulb moments - one rider realised how much she was nagging and kicking her pony and it didn't have to be like that, so she was delighted.

Another did some pretty basic work about straightness and acceptance of the contact which Olivia noted she really needs to nail before she can move on, so that will really help her to progress.

One thing I would say is do be prepared to say if you don't understand - some of the girls on the yard haven't had 'dressage' lessons as such before so they didn't understand what she meant when she was describing exercises and they were too embarrassed to ask :( which was a shame as it was clear as a bystander that they were a bit lost and I wasn't sure that she realised ;) but other than that really straightforward, very approachable, not afraid to get to the bottom of a problem and she also hopped on one of the horses to sort it out a bit.

Sophire

Visit site
I'm stuck in an in-between with instructors at the moment but equally want more eyes on us to really get us going. I think I need to be reminding myself of certain exercises and almost begin to get some tricks up my sleeve because I'm being hesitant, and I get to a point where she'll get a bit hot and I really need to learn how to keep her going and not have to stop what I'm doing to get her back to me and start again. I might give it a go! Thank you!!