Weekend plans ;)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Early doors this week as heading off shortly....

What are we all doing then?

It's Millie's area festival today, off to Allens Hill for the AM silver (eeeep) she's done some good work lately but I feel a bit miffed at not being able to ride her yesterday (damn work :mad: ) hey ho, it's been 4 years of stop-start work and rehab to get us to this point so we'll just go and have some fun.

Rather poor timing, she has our local county show on Saturday for the Old Lady Horse class. I had pretty much decided not to take her as the ground was so hard, but then it bucketed down yesterday... OH came and put some stud holes in her shoes so she won't be tottering around worrying about her footing. It's really early in the day so we can make an appearance and then shuffle off home.

Kira's diary is all quiet this weekend, we are on sitting trot and no whip bootcamp (why is there always a bootcamp needed?! :eek:) as she relies on me kicking her along a bit which is AWFULLY difficult in sitting trot as she's so little so that will continue interspersed with a bit of hacking.

Have fun all :D

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Super good luck, I have my pompoms waving for you and Millie!!

I'm hoping to actually get to the gallops this weekend but substituting Doodle with Skylla :lol:. Otherwise, hacking, schooling general fatness reduction work ;).

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Me and Nugz are BD'ing again - same test so hoping for some improvement! Then my friend is taking him in beginner workers at a local show on Sunday so he's going to be all stud muffiny as he gets to show off AND do sticks :D

Embo

Visit site
Best of luck, Millie!! I'm sure she'll do great :)

Have fun galloping, AH! And hope you have a great holiday, LL.

We had our weekly DR lesson last night, which was really good. We're going through the sticky stage in the canter again where he doesn't want to collect and use his butt. He just wants to bowl on and get onto the forehand because it's easier. But the trot work was mega, my trainer even made a point of saying how good it's looking. And he doesn't dish out compliments readily, so I know he means it!

When the trot improves, the canter gets worse. Then the canter improves and the trot gets worse :S

Today he is hacking and tomorrow a friend is borrowing him for a ride as her horse is now out of action (coincidentally, the same friend who let me ride her horse when Bowser was broken!).

We're off to do some XC schooling on Saturday. Not for anything in particular, just to have some fun. Am looking forward to that, especially after all the rain on Tuesday, the ground should be perfect!

Sunday I've got a lesson on a mechanical horse for a position tune-up and then will probably do a gentle schooling session to see how it worked :D

HappyDayz

Visit site
Good luck to all competing.

We are off to our first Area Festival, I'm not sure if I'm more excited to be competing or the fact I will finally have a Petplan plaque to put outside my stable!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I was supposed to be driving rescue dogs about the countryside on Saturday, but plans have changed so I'm polocrosse training instead. And just slightly wishing I was going to the tournament up north this weekend :p

Lydiamae

Visit site
Super good luck to everyone competing! Gary and I are just doing some lunging with the pessoa and a gentle hack. Next weekend we have our first county level show so we will be doing a pre bath and some trotting up making sure he is standing square and listen to my voice. :)

Durhamchance

Visit site
Me and Prince have our first competition this weekend. It's only arena cross country at our local venue, but I am a little excited to get kitted up.
I'm also feeling a little apprehensive as I jumped him at home this week and he had a tantrum, napped, took off and threw in some bucks for good measure. The little sod had better behave himself!
Good luck to everyone else competing :)

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck at Areas MP and HD!! And to everyone else competing.

I'm off to Spain tomorrow for a long weekend, yay! Will be staying with a friend, riding backstop for her riding holiday groups and seeing how our Spanish horses there are doing (and hopefully selling two of the three there soon..!!). Can't wait!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well my plans last weekend were thwarted by family drama, then plans for Tuesday evening were thwarted by lorry ramp looking worse for wear and concerning me enough not to take it out. So, picked lorry up this morning, but will be working this weekend to get trials through, so am determined that I will get out showjumping on either Tuesday evening at Allen's hill or Wednesday evening at Kings (does that still count as this weekend?).

For the weekend proper I am aiming for some decent length hacks in the evening and to do more work on the moose's canter. In the mornings I will be trying to do a bit more with the mini mare in tack. I still have a concern about her teeth at the back of my mind, so want to just do some gentle bitting work to assess whether I need to bring next appointment forwards.

Good luck with area festivals MP and HD, and with first show DC. Enjoy everyone galloping, hitting things with sticks and going round in circles :D

Wimbles

Visit site
Well if today can be counted as the weekend then we're having a horseball training session at my place which means finding tack for all the horses and people basically pulling straws on who they ride! We're even using the 22 year old Irish Draught who doesn't actually play horseball. Should be fun! HHO's very own PaddyMonty is heading up for his first session. I'm hoping that he's not too disappointed in our rather basic facilities and random horses!

Saturday we're heading up to the gorgeous Chatsworth House for the Four Shires Bloodhounds sponsored ride. It's always a wonderful day in the most beautiful setting and raises money for the air ambulance which is special to me.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Where is the tournament, JFTD? I keep meaning to find a local(ish) club to get ponio properly into it, he's too quick for my OH in the arena :D

Doncaster... Which isn't exactly good for you if your location is up to date. Celyn, next month, is in Cheshire though.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
We're even using the 22 year old Irish Draught who doesn't actually play horseball. Should be fun! HHO's very own PaddyMonty is heading up for his first session. .
I believe I need to ride Tiger ;)

Tonight = Torture
Friday = riding Bennie
Saturday ??????
Sunday going to Dressage comp with OH

milliepops

Visit site
... I will get out showjumping on either Tuesday evening at Allen's hill or Wednesday evening at Kings (does that still count as this weekend?).

Well if today can be counted as the weekend ....

yes, yes, both count as the weekend :D Any day spent playing ponies counts as the weekend! :D

well we had a jolly time at the Area Festival, felt pretty good in the warm up, the test was not a bad effort at all... got some of the changes :) and fluffed others :eek: but that was to be expected because she's still finding it hard to stay focussed enough without a little reminder tap on the bum! ;) but 63% from all 3 judges... good enough for 5th place in the AM silver (silver! Arghhh it felt a bit of a smart class!) and through to the second rounds.

We also got randomly picked for the dope test, I had my doubts about Millie being helpful for this but she produced a massive bucket of wee right on cue :D

Sadly the prize giving was unmounted so here's the lady herself modelling her frilly
19510166_1463760656994468_3359605070377663349_n.jpg

and link to pro pic https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn....=19e3724d77d5604aeeadb052d9d68929&oe=59DAA9BE which makes her look like A Proper Dressage Horse :p

*waves* to Daffy who I met on her lovely GIANT horse who was there for the PSG :)

Last edited:

milliepops

Visit site
Amazing work - well done MP!!! How come you're in Silver not Bronze?

I had one of those "got to be in it to win it" brainfarts at her last outing, and decided to see if she'd get good enough scores for regionals... so had to enter silver. We had a few whoopsies on the day so the answer was no :eek: hence going the AF route instead.

The horsepower was a little intimidating.. I could have done without seeing piaffe steps while I was warming up! :lol: the judges were positive but one said she needed more air time... you know, I'm not about to start trying to over produce a 20 year old horse with 4 bust legs :p I don't mind if we look like the poor relation. A couple of fellow competitors made really nice comments about her way of going and balance so that's made my day. Hopefully by 2nd round we will have the changes a bit more reliable, at least :lol:

(Kira's aiming at AM area festivals at the end of the summer... she will be bronze, lol)

j1ffy

Visit site
Ah I did something similar last year at lowly Novice level. Thankfully as Areas were later I was able to switch and qualify at Bronze in time!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well done MP, sounds like an amazing performance, particularly on a horse who was definitely out of competitive dressage a couple of months ago :p

The other competitors always seem really intimidating at Allens hill, I think it's because the small warmup is right on top of the lorry park so you can't help but stop and stare at the class on display. Have fun in the old lady class on Saturday - pretty Millie pics are of course expected :D

Michen

Visit site
Well done!

I've always wondered, do they have to get horse pee to dope test- surely they can just do bloods? My boy would never have peed whilst at an event!

yes, yes, both count as the weekend :D Any day spent playing ponies counts as the weekend! :D

well we had a jolly time at the Area Festival, felt pretty good in the warm up, the test was not a bad effort at all... got some of the changes :) and fluffed others :eek: but that was to be expected because she's still finding it hard to stay focussed enough without a little reminder tap on the bum! ;) but 63% from all 3 judges... good enough for 5th place in the AM silver (silver! Arghhh it felt a bit of a smart class!) and through to the second rounds.

We also got randomly picked for the dope test, I had my doubts about Millie being helpful for this but she produced a massive bucket of wee right on cue :D

Sadly the prize giving was unmounted so here's the lady herself modelling her frilly
19510166_1463760656994468_3359605070377663349_n.jpg

and link to pro pic https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn....=19e3724d77d5604aeeadb052d9d68929&oe=59DAA9BE which makes her look like A Proper Dressage Horse :p

*waves* to Daffy who I met on her lovely GIANT horse who was there for the PSG :)

daffy44

Visit site
Lovely to see you too! I thought your test was really nice, Millie has such a lovely way of going and balance, it was a pleasure to watch, and I would NEVER have guessed either Millie's age or that there was ever anything wrong with any of her legs :)

My giant horse was a good boy, 2nd in the psg, with a few niggles to sort out, and a couple of unexpected spooks at the killer topiary balls!

ihatework

Visit site
Well done Millie, great comeback, long may it continue!

I'm at Chepstow all weekend. Got 3 running and 2 others to view for purchase who are running

Wimbles

Visit site
Fantastic report Milliepops, what a legend your girl is!

I think we broke PaddyMonty both physically and mentally........ :/

It took him three hours on a gridlocked M1 to get to us only to finally arrive to persistent drizzle and grubby horses.

Training went well though and Tiger was pretty polite at least, although there was a fair bit of blood from a bent back nail. When dealing with Tiger though, this is quite good going as at least he didn't maul anyone.

Possibly teaching him to pickup from the ground off a 16.2 was a little unfair though!

I'm hoping he will come back.....

monte1

Visit site
paddymonty glad you are "relatively" OK :) horseball sounds like a real blast!
not sure i could even try hanging off one side of a horse and get back up on though!

MP well done looking amazing and you must be so pleased that she is going so well and getting out and about.

weekend started early for us, yesterday had a day off to go XC schooling at Tweseldown in preparation for the UA ODE mid July. all going well till my chap decided didn't want to jump the new ditches and switched off completely. cue my lovely trainer swapping horses with me and sorting him out ( she thinks he is going through a "kevin" stage lol. anyhow overall we had a good day back to work today and rest of weekend will be as follows....Saturday, lots tack cleaning, a hack and quick run through of dressage tests in readiness for Sunday we are doing CT at our local venue, Wellington Riding, stupidly entered two classes so two tests to try and remember ...eeek
good luck to all those out and about!

rosiesowner

Visit site
I had one of those "got to be in it to win it" brainfarts at her last outing, and decided to see if she'd get good enough scores for regionals... so had to enter silver. We had a few whoopsies on the day so the answer was no :eek: hence going the AF route instead.

The horsepower was a little intimidating.. I could have done without seeing piaffe steps while I was warming up! :lol: the judges were positive but one said she needed more air time... you know, I'm not about to start trying to over produce a 20 year old horse with 4 bust legs :p I don't mind if we look like the poor relation. A couple of fellow competitors made really nice comments about her way of going and balance so that's made my day. Hopefully by 2nd round we will have the changes a bit more reliable, at least :lol:

(Kira's aiming at AM area festivals at the end of the summer... she will be bronze, lol)

I can't lie, even though Chilli is only 16 we've had a later start to the pure dressage than most and so I find Millie and you pretty inspiring. Proof you can teach an old dog new tricks :)

{97702}

Visit site
I'm hopefully going to sort out my equine transport deficiency :D Wooo hoooo! Looking at a fabulous 4x4 and a possible lorry.....

Then on Sunday I'm hoping to have a flatwork lesson with a rather cool and talented trainer ;)