Weekend plans :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sounds amazing JFTD - the prospect of you with one polocrosse pony and one speedy driving pony....that would make you one seriously cool pony wrangler.

A jumping carriage horse Alex?! Don't be so silly....I await the report :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to tell there were chickens inside without opening it though :p

I've had a super weekend - rara gave me the best lesson, driving Pippy and playing around between cones and barrels. He's totally super and I'm now contemplating breaking Daemon to drive. Then on Saturday I was giving my mate an intro-to-polocrosse and generally having a muck around. And today I was having a one-on-one polocrosse training session with a friend's daughter, doing lots of marking and defending practice and generally having a blast :D

yeah yeah you could, it wasn't one of the proper carriers ;) pet carrier with grid top :p

JFTDWS

Visit site
Haha DabDab, I reckon I need a lottery win to do any of it properly though :p Loving the jumping pic, btw - not taking any chances there!

I only saw the wooden box one, Ester. It didn't look like a livestock box from a distance, just a non-descript wooden box. Are you still up for some polocrossing, btw? I have a spare racquet, hopefully till the end of the month. I also have Dae if just you want to hack...

Mule

Visit site
We did riding club eventing on Saturday. We came 8th with a showjump down. Most importantly we had a clear xc which can be a bit hit or miss with me so I was very pleased.

LeannePip

Visit site
Whoop whoop. Do I remember rightly that ruby was the one who would do the most enormous jumps xc when you first started out?

Thank you, yes that's her! She's much more contained in general now but can still put a shocker in every so often - though more so showjumping now!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Can't believe i can write this, we WON our BE90 Section at Tweseldown!!

Ruby is a star!

Wow LP! From previous reports it sounded like you and Ruby were only a hair away from top placings, but it must be so exciting to have got there - still with half a season to go too :D Proper report please?

We did riding club eventing on Saturday. We came 8th with a showjump down. Most importantly we had a clear xc which can be a bit hit or miss with me so I was very pleased.

Well done, great result :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Well done LP :D
Too many chickens for the wooden boxes JFTD, and yes but I need to find brain space for working out when bit of a nightmare week booked up- was up at 5 to get a train to Warrington!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well done LP :D
Too many chickens for the wooden boxes JFTD, and yes but I need to find brain space for working out when bit of a nightmare week booked up- was up at 5 to get a train to Warrington!

That sounds unpleasant. I don't even know where Warrington is... I'm free next weekend, definitely Sunday, possibly Saturday, if that's any use?

Lydiamae

Visit site
Well done everyone, you all sounded like you did so well!

As planned, we attended Ashby Show in the CHAPS and TGCA in hand class. I was SO please with Gary. Pushing our results aside, he is so well behaved. We were told to park right in the middle, next to food stands, busy walk ways, warmup arenas and photograph booths and he just stood -like a saint, all day! As he has only just turned 4yrs old, he is only just out of the 'youngstock classes'. All the judges comments were that he lacked condition. It mift me a bit as he is only 4 and I am not making him overly porky for the sake of showing, and his muscle will develop with time.

Overall, a great day though with 2 4th place rosettes and £10 prize winnings lol!

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30291&d=1499688427

Casey76

Visit site
Well done everyone, you all sounded like you did so well!

As planned, we attended Ashby Show in the CHAPS and TGCA in hand class. I was SO please with Gary. Pushing our results aside, he is so well behaved. We were told to park right in the middle, next to food stands, busy walk ways, warmup arenas and photograph booths and he just stood -like a saint, all day! As he has only just turned 4yrs old, he is only just out of the 'youngstock classes'. All the judges comments were that he lacked condition. It mift me a bit as he is only 4 and I am not making him overly porky for the sake of showing, and his muscle will develop with time.

Overall, a great day though with 2 4th place rosettes and £10 prize winnings lol!

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30291&d=1499688427

He looks fabulous! I wouldn't say he is lacking in condition *at all*!

Embo

Visit site
Thanks Guys, will try and get something up tonight :D so pleased!

Wowee, what an amazing result for you and Ruby! I can't wait to read the report :)

On the flip...
I went to a SJ clinic on Saturday, I'm afraid it was a disaster :( the surface was incredibly deep (B hates deep/soft going), the trainer wasn't taking in anything I had to say & insisted I stay in light seat for the duration, which meant horrible, sticky jumping and a few stops. Some ground line poles even went flying, don't ask me how. B totally lost his bottle as he hated the surface and because I was on his shoulder.

Bit of a step backwards for us :( feeling very crappy and inadequate and sorry for my poor horse who was clearly unhappy but I tried to save face and keep going :(

JFTDWS

Visit site
He looks fabulous! I wouldn't say he is lacking in condition *at all*!

Very much agreed. Judges. :rolleyes3:

Embo, we've all been there. **...It happens. Take any positives you can and leave the rest to the mists of time.

Last edited:

scats

Visit site
IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

We boxed 2 mins to the beach, within hacking distance of about 5 mins but main road is horrendous.

Diva has never been to the beach before and she was perfect as always. Just walked as she was a bit overwhelmed so her breathing went really quickly when we tried a trot, but it was lovely to be out in the fresh air with my friend and her cob.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Very much agreed. Judges. :rolleyes3:

Embo, we've all been there. **...It happens. Take any positives you can and leave the rest to the mists of time.

This. Plus now you know what you will and won't do - where the line is... it took me a while to learn this but now I know if I'm not happy with something fundamentally (rather than just being a bit nervous) I will say thanks very much but not for me today. You'll be back on track soon.

Bernster

Visit site
Thank you, yes that's her! She's much more contained in general now but can still put a shocker in every so often - though more so showjumping now!

What a fab journey you've had. I remember thinking she'd never have a problem with the height haha. Great to see what training and patience does, well done.

LeannePip

Visit site
We'll i've written a report for you all, unfortunately i can't get any pictures to work thanks to the new Photobucket rules :( anyone know an alternative?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
We'll i've written a report for you all, unfortunately i can't get any pictures to work thanks to the new Photobucket rules :( anyone know an alternative?

Mine on this thread were with imgur, but it took me a while to work it out...

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'm taking them straight from facebook, copying the image address and using the insert picture option, seems to be working?

j1ffy

Visit site
Sounds like lots of good weekends!! I'll go and read your report in a mo LP. I've recently switched to Imgur and found it far more user friendly the Photobucket :)

Sorry to ready about your clinic Embo. I had a similar experience on Indio last September - it was a very 'hunter-jumper' style approach and didn't work for us at all. I ended up on top of a fence... It would have been great for Pocholo but Indio needs a lot more hand-holding. I hope you find someone to rebuild you both, I'm sure you'll be on top form again now you know what not to do!

We had a great time at our first 80 ODE, I'll do a report once pics are through from the pro tog. Pocholo was absolutely full of it and great fun to ride, his stallion-like neighs before and after our xc round had me in stitches! I think he wanted to check that everyone had seen him ;)

Embo

Visit site
...Embo, we've all been there. **...It happens. Take any positives you can and leave the rest to the mists of time.

Something positive... other than the shambles that was the clinic, B was super well behaved, otherwise... but then we were liveried there for the first year I had him lol :D

Definitely trying to relegate the memory to the sin bin.

This. Plus now you know what you will and won't do - where the line is... it took me a while to learn this but now I know if I'm not happy with something fundamentally (rather than just being a bit nervous) I will say thanks very much but not for me today. You'll be back on track soon.

That's what I wanted to do, but I've not been in that position before so was really unsure if it was just me. I've never walked out of a lesson... I'm not even sure I have the confidence to do so :(

..Sorry to ready about your clinic Embo. I had a similar experience on Indio last September - it was a very 'hunter-jumper' style approach and didn't work for us at all. I ended up on top of a fence... It would have been great for Pocholo but Indio needs a lot more hand-holding. I hope you find someone to rebuild you both, I'm sure you'll be on top form again now you know what not to do!

We had a great time at our first 80 ODE, I'll do a report once pics are through from the pro tog. Pocholo was absolutely full of it and great fun to ride, his stallion-like neighs before and after our xc round had me in stitches! I think he wanted to check that everyone had seen him ;)

OK, yes, adding that to the positives list - definitely know how NOT to ride my horse lol. Thanks, I hope so!

I'm looking forward to reading your ODE report! :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
I've never walked out of a lesson... I'm not even sure I have the confidence to do so :(

I have. I've also been thrown out for refusing to comply with a bat**** instructor's ideas of what was appropriate. It's always a bit awkward, but really - what can they do? Just walk away - it's really liberating ;)

Bernster

Visit site
I have. I've also been thrown out for refusing to comply with a bat**** instructor's ideas of what was appropriate. It's always a bit awkward, but really - what can they do? Just walk away - it's really liberating ;)

Ah you've gotta spill the beans on that one! I'm a bit of a chicken, I just never go back if we didn't gel. Only happened with one instructor though fortunately!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It's always a bit awkward, but really - what can they do? Just walk away - it's really liberating ;)

^^this. I've got off and refused to do any more once, that was awkward as we were booked on a 3 day clinic and had to stay overnight... :eek: but I just knew it was all wrong, the horse was shutting down.

I've also arrived for a clinic, explained that I have an odd horse and that if I feel what we did was detrimental to her at that stage then I'd excuse myself.

You can be polite about it... When all is said and done you know your horse.. . Trust your instincts.