Weekend plans

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Thank you!
Well the bit I was most dreading - the driving, is over (for now). And horsey seems happy enough in his stable, so hopefully I will actually get to sleep

I dread the driving most too - Hope it all went well with no dramas. x

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dim Tim is doing his first dressage test for months. He is going beautifully at home but whether his feet and his brain talk to one another tomorrow is debatable. It is a very long way between feet and brain so lots can go awry.

Reacher

Visit site
Thank you TP :) Yes there was an amazing amount of grass. Mr H is easy to load into trailer but this time he didn't want to go home!
Haha! Peas in a pod! Well done on the frilly :). I have to say that I'd have struggled to ever get T's head up from that lush grass to do any work, I can get her past most things except food ;).

Reacher

Visit site
Hope everyone has fun whether chilling, schooling, dressaging, eventing, cubbing, barrel racing and everything I've forgotten.
SJ lesson yesterday was good, control was improved, Nigel described Mr H as a Pocket Rocket!

rachk89

Visit site
Continuing to exercise my horse through his rehab. We've upgraded to trot now. Just down the long sides but still we are progressing. :) Decided to try the other day as he is clearly bored with just walking and he was paying me no attention, so I wanted to end on a good note and figured I may as well try trotting. Worked a treat he actually listened.

redapple

Visit site
Well arena eventing and horse first trip out (with me and this year) went interestingly....! He's a fab jumper, super honest, pretty careful - nothing wrong there. Unfortunately he got his pants in a right twist about not being next to the horse we travelled with (who was in our group). So everytime we had to part ways he was making a bit of a scene. No big deal until the end.

The day built up to a cross country course - one at a time and she headed off first. Cue my round - a mix of napping and then bombing off in the direction he thought she might be whilst screaming constantly! I realised im not as bold on a horse thats looking everywhere but at the jumps as a circled for one that i should have probably just taken a flier at, one he ran into the wing because I couldnt get him straight before (should have kicked on earlier in hindsight but we were napping at speed sideways and I was trying to stay on!) and potentially a third down where you had to jump a skinny placed in a hole in a hedge. Unfortunately we came off the two before absolutley flying and I decided a downhill speedy run at a small target wasn't in my plans so bridged the reins and ended up taking it from a walk. Again in hindsight would have probably been fine but he wasnt paying any attention and I apparently didnt have my brave pants on! So overall i'm a bit annoyed at myself and will ahev to think about what to do with horsio in question for future outings. Came away with a 4th, pretty much because I stayed on, for a short course there were a lot of loose horse shouts!

Michen

Visit site
Cubbing tomorrow. Haven't been before. I must be mad though, I've got to get up at 4.15am.

How was it? I set a similar alarm to be ready for a 6.30am meet. Horse thought I was mad putting him on lorry in pitch black but it was so worth the beautiful view. Had a super morning.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I had an epic day on Saturday - mare came home with a good 1, 2, 3 - first in the trail course (with bonus points for showing off in the rein back!), second in the bending and a third in the barrels. I'm now eyeing up western saddles and cowboy boots :eek3:

She and the ponies moved to a new yard on Friday - which was a logistical challenge, but they all seem happy in their new set up, and Skye explored some of the incredible hacking this morning - we were out for ages and barely touched a road :D

41793122_880938618781852_954971890772869120_o.jpg

claracanter

Visit site
How was it? I set a similar alarm to be ready for a 6.30am meet. Horse thought I was mad putting him on lorry in pitch black but it was so worth the beautiful view. Had a super morning.

Yes, I realised for the first time my trailer didn't have an internal light! Horse was fine about it though. It was amazing watching the sun come up through the mist and steam off the horses. The view made it all worth while. Horse was rather naughty as he is used to drag hunting so didn't appreciate all the standing about and to ing and fro ing of the huntsman. Hopefully he will settle to the slower pace in time.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Poor baby Henry was feeling a bit tense in our lesson, but it was good to work through it and hopefully next time he will relax faster! He kept his legs in the right order so thats positive.

Coolie was feeling amazing for his XC training, he is feeling so confident and established. He isn't the green horse I started with. We tackled some harder stuff, finishing with a 1* line. Couldn't quite believe we jumped it, and it didn't feel that hard either. Feeling very pleased and excited, love my horse!

IMG_4155.PNG

Not a picture of the 1* fence but he looks good!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sounds like some good times have been had :)

We had a productive weekend, Kira coped well in her music class even with THE LOUDEST music I've ever heard, dunno quite why they turned it up that loud but hey, it was a good test of our new compilation and she definitely isn't concerned by it :p she *was* concerned about a bit of terrifying electric fence at the A end of the arena which meant she was a bit of a spooky idiot but she pulled off the floorplan and some good scores for her changes meant we posted a qualifying score for winter regionals, yay.

Salty did some good work at home actually feeling like a proper horse, I am sure her inner 3yo will make another appearance soon but for now I'm thinking she's actually learning the things I've been trying to teach her :D and am hatching a medium term plan to crack on her schooling a bit so we come back out at Novice when she's ready to do some more shows.

Millie and Twiggy got new grass yesterday so they are delighted with life :D Millie has been jumping out of their paddock periodically so hopefully this will make her stay put for a while ;)

41960010_2030229057014289_2379907693008650240_n.jpg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Haven't been on one of these threads for a while, but a lovely catch up on what everyone is up to.

Hehe JFTD - well if you will go buy a cowgirl's horse :D new yard hacking sounds heavenly

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Missed the start of this but can post what I ended up doing :).

Skylla is on strike for over-work, she says if this is what Topaz's schedule is normally like no wonder she tries to buck me off ;). She went jumping on Saturday, and after needing to inspect every show jump fence at least one before committing to going over it, she loved it! Still only baby heights of 60cm ish, but she jumped fillers, rustics, a chair working hunter fence and a great big water tray that would have swallowed Topaz whole ;).

Showing off her SJ and WH clear round rosettes:
41809306_890218174497377_4650933111750656000_n.jpg

Then if that wasn't enough for the poor darling, she went to the gallops with Topaz yesterday :eek3:! Topaz needed the run, but Skylla didn't think she should be made to exercise quite that much or often :lol:, she was happy to do a short burst then needed a nap and then she might do a little bit more :lol:. Unsurprisingly she can now have a day or so off to recover before she calls the WHW on me ;).

DressageCob

Visit site
I survived my first ever elementary with the big cob. Elementary 53 is hard and we only started learning rein back two weeks ago, but we scraped a respectable fourth place. We got a few sevens, which is nice. I still have contact issues. I struggle to soften my horse's short, thick neck. Still playing around with bridle and bit options but I know that the reality is I need to be more relaxed at competitions so I don't pass my tension onto him and the rest of it is a schooling issue.

live2ride

Visit site
First time of many that I hopefully will be able to contribute to this thread, after reading so many of them.

Following on from my 2 year owniversary celebration, and finally being able to ride again after not being able to for pretty much all of summer, saw us heading to our first ever ridden pony party, having only been out where we met strange ponies once before, where we'd done a bit of in hand work. We loaded up, only 4th time using the box, and headed to a local polework clinic, hoping just to have a good outing.

And I must say I am so proud of my little horse. We started off very 'hot to trot', afraid of the mirrors at the far end of the school, my friend who had come with me was worried for 10 mins thinking the session would go one of 2 ways, we'd either explode or have an amazing session. Suffice to say we were very on our toes and quite rigid, couldn't really use my legs that much to start with, and I fell back into having tension myself from his tension, as he bounced me out the saddle with a very bouncy trot.
But we slowly settled and worked our way towards the mirrors, where as we turned away from that, we had a little spook forwards, as he was startled by seeing himself behind in the mirror.
However, so proud of Tank, he settled and despite having an at times tense numpty rider really settled into the exercises, and did everything foot perfectly for his first time out with others, one of which was quite a fizzy type and very easy for him to have bounced off of.

Onto the next adventure.

Now for some photos;
'Hot to trot'
42101608_10157784825433206_6422934419333447680_o.jpg

Spooking at the mirrors
42141773_10157784825523206_3915432632464179200_o.jpg

Settling in to some nice work
42110624_10157784826483206_8039125544756838400_o.jpg

Wimbles

Visit site
Sorry bit late replying. Hound exercise on the newbie was excellent! Don't get me wrong, she was super excited and there was plenty of prancing and jogging but she was great fun and I ended up jumping things that I haven't been over in years in the hunt field. I'm so lucky to have found this horse! She's pretty OK for saying that I didn't even want to go and look at her.

QWlK4Ld.jpg