Weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday again :)
what has everyone got planned?

Kira is off to a show tomorrow, need to try and get some AM points towards winter regionals ;)

and then on Sunday we have another in-hand lesson, last one was really interesting and the trainer got her weird little brain really quickly so hoping for another good session. Probably try and slip in another arena hire after the weekend to practice our freestyle again before next weekend.

Hoping the weather isn't too bad... have fun all :)

claracanter

Visit site
Well......not that I'm particularly superstitious but I wrote in Weekend Plans last week (for the first time in literally ages) about going cubbing. Things didn't go totally to plan and horse managed to cut himself rather nastily resulting in this weekends plans being most definitely off and probably next few weekends too. Not sure I will risk posting in here again although I'm sure it hasn't nothing to do with H and H Forum but more to the fact horse was being a ****!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Horse viewing on sat, although the owner has just texted and said we may need to look at rebooking given the weather forecast! We'll see how that goes.

Dressage on Sunday at the local riding school. I'm riding a great big gangly school horse in the prelim, he's a sweetheart but fairly green still and I've been told just to give him a pleasent experience. It'll only be his second competion but at least there's no travelling and he knows the school inside out so not as much stress as there could be.

Asha

Visit site
An exciting weekend for us. Im fence judging tomorrow at kelsall, then on Sunday my daughter is having a go at the BE80, then later on in the day Aria is doing the BE80 championship class. Im hoping the weather improves otherwise we will all get soaked.

good luck with the viewing Snowfilly. Although I think Alexomahony has the right idea, stay in , stay dry and watch some tv

rosiesowner

Visit site
Schooling tomorrow and Saturday, I'm away Saturday night and predict Sunday could bring a hangover with it so I think it'll just be a nice hack in the evening! Mum's stepping back into her groom duties on Saturday evening and Sunday. Sounds boring but I'm just glad to be doing SOMETHING!!!! Starting to think about arena hire for our first ever outing in our new transport in the first couple of weeks of October when I've started work again :D

Good luck everyone with your plans and try not to get too wet!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Supposed to be dressaging tomorrow....but I'm looking at the weather and contemplating whether I can really be bothered with roads covered with surface water to get there. Wimpy I know, but I'm not very driven when it comes to competing at the best of times.

So, um, might just go hacking :eek:

Good luck to everyone who does make it out, dig out your waterproofs! :D

Wheels

Visit site
What were you working on in your in hand lesson milliepops? Was that with Simon?

Hope your horse is ok Clara

An interesting weekend ahead for some of you, good luck to anyone competing

I've given M the week off after his epic clinic last weekend so I'll probs just have an easy session on Sunday or a hack. Got a comp next weekend so need to prepare for that next week

Have fun everyone

milliepops

Visit site
What were you working on in your in hand lesson milliepops? Was that with Simon?

yeah, he is very astute and explains things really well. Nice chap. I had said I wanted to see if we could develop her half steps in hand, because most of the work she's done so far has been from the saddle, so we did all kinds of sideways in hand, shoulder in, half pass, pirouettes etc to quicken her hind legs and then did a little on the half steps themselves. Really useful session and he also made a few comments which transferred directly to the ridden work and helped a lot :)

Unfortunately because we've been so, so busy I haven't had the time to do loads of practice but that's life ;) I think this time I would like to pick his brains on quickening the right canter and improving the suppleness as that's hampering the right canter piri at the moment, she can be supple or quick but not both! :D

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Competing at Kelsall in the 80T on Sunday. Dressage lesson to run through the test Saturday morning. Lesson is offsite at 8:15 so it will be a 6am start! But my instructor is awesome so I am sure it will be worth it.

Nice to read that there will be some HHOers fence judging! I am number 929 on the XC between 12 and 1..... Give me a cheer (or more likely point me in the right direction as I have gone wrong in 3 out of 4 courses so far...););)

humblepie

Visit site
Thursday again :)
what has everyone got planned?

Kira is off to a show tomorrow, need to try and get some AM points towards winter regionals ;)

and then on Sunday we have another in-hand lesson, last one was really interesting and the trainer got her weird little brain really quickly so hoping for another good session. Probably try and slip in another arena hire after the weekend to practice our freestyle again before next weekend.

Hoping the weather isn't too bad... have fun all :)

Don't very often contribute to this thread but think I have a lesson on Sunday with same trainer - first one. Saturday we have Olympia veteran second round.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Drum roll... well it's not that exciting but I think it needs one...

Skylla is doing her first BD Novices as a full up, it will be on record for everyone to see, well once BD update the website, so actually maybe we're safe from ridicule, BD member!!!

I might even try and report back as I imagine it will be amusing :biggrin3:

Ceriann

Visit site
No particular plans for Red and me - weather has got in the way this week. I am off to watch BD nationals Sunday though - v excited about thaf, even if it will be raining.

Lexi_

Visit site
Competing at Kelsall in the 80T on Sunday. Dressage lesson to run through the test Saturday morning. Lesson is offsite at 8:15 so it will be a 6am start! But my instructor is awesome so I am sure it will be worth it.

Nice to read that there will be some HHOers fence judging! I am number 929 on the XC between 12 and 1..... Give me a cheer (or more likely point me in the right direction as I have gone wrong in 3 out of 4 courses so far...););)

I’ll give you a good whoop :D

vickie123

Visit site
Ive got a fun ride in Rutland tomorrow and then i’ll be hiding from the wind and rain on Sunday. I shall probably bring them all in (all 5 live out 24/7 apart from the worst of the weather) and give them a tidy up trim and thorough groom before they go in the winter paddocks mid October.

Nayumi1

Visit site
This weekend I will be taking Lunar out for a hack for the first time on Saturday. We have arranged for a couple of people walk with us as well to see how she goes.
The Sunday is busy with non-horsey things.

In between that I will try to fit in some time watching the WEG

Alibear

Visit site
Weather permitting we're off to a show on Sunday, due to me being ill and then Daisy being due her boosters she's had a week off pretty much so could be on her toes. One handed in a curb again for this one , so hoping we don't add in any more unwanted turns! I must remember to use both my legs :)

spookypony

Visit site
If the weather co-operates, I'll hack over to a friend's yard tomorrow to give her green new horse company on his second proper hack. Over the summer, we've been walking him out from the yard with her sitting on him and me on foot leading her retired pony. Last weekend, I fetched her instead on my mare, and we had a good long walk hack together, which was perfectly peaceful once the mare made it clear that he was to stay away from her bottom. He's a bit of a nervous nelly, so hopefully with a few more hacks together, he'll gain enough confidence that she can think about going out on her own.

I probably ought to school at some point, too...

Wheels

Visit site
Well I wasn't going to work m until Sunday but he's full of mischief this evening so think I will lunge and in hand tomorrow to give him something to think about

milliepops

Visit site
Don't very often contribute to this thread but think I have a lesson on Sunday with same trainer - first one.
Oh brill :) what time are you on?

We had a good day yesterday, it was VERY windy and Kira nearly lost the plot in the warm up at all the stuff flapping about but after that, the test arenas seemed like an oasis of calm (apart from the fake topiary bushes blowing across the floor) :eek3:

Anyway, a not-very-inspiring trip round AM85 (bleugh, vile test) followed by a fairly decent stab at AM98 got us 2 second place frillies and scores of 64% and 66% so only 3 points left to get for regionals. Hurrah :) also had some really nice comments in the collectives which meant I was driving home with a warm fuzzy feeling, instead of shivering from the weather :D

Phyzelda

Visit site
yeah, he is very astute and explains things really well. Nice chap. I had said I wanted to see if we could develop her half steps in hand, because most of the work she's done so far has been from the saddle, so we did all kinds of sideways in hand, shoulder in, half pass, pirouettes etc to quicken her hind legs and then did a little on the half steps themselves. Really useful session and he also made a few comments which transferred directly to the ridden work and helped a lot :)

Unfortunately because we've been so, so busy I haven't had the time to do loads of practice but that's life ;) I think this time I would like to pick his brains on quickening the right canter and improving the suppleness as that's hampering the right canter piri at the moment, she can be supple or quick but not both! :D

Was it Simon Battram? If so I loved my dressage lessons with him. Only stopped due to my pregnancy and haven't gone back to it yet.

I'm off to Royal London horse show tomorrow on my friends ex racehorse

milliepops

Visit site
Was it Simon Battram? If so I loved my dressage lessons with him. Only stopped due to my pregnancy and haven't gone back to it yet.

yep :) I've followed him on FB and the BD forum for yonks so it was really nice to get some words from the source, lol :D

Oh brill :) what time are you on

3pm. Think it’s gong to be wet. Horse has had easy week which is not ideal but hey ho. Well done on your regional points

Oh, drat. I will have gone by then. Hope you have a good lesson despite the forecast :)

Bernster

Visit site
Am listening to the rain chucking it down (and the sound of my cat snoring!) and pleased I had no outings planned this weekend! Doing horsey chores today instead and playing with kitting out my new lovely lorry which is just awesomely amazing. Will load F in it and make sure he feels the same about it before next weeeknd’s outing!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
OMFG!!! I flipping went flipping wrong flipping AGAIN at Kelsall ODE on the XC.

But once again Amber had a goood clear!! She has no idea we have had a dismal season score-wise. She's probably feeling very pleased with herself. Well that's my first season done. I think I can sum it up as "Great horse, shame about the rider" :p:p. Full report and pics to follow. I'm actually chuffed to bits with my season over-all. I never thought I'd event. And I've done 6, learned loads and had a ball. Best of all the fences look quite small now!

What fences were you at Asha and Lexi?

Snowfilly

Visit site
The viewing got canceled yesterday because of all the rain and they didn't want to bring him in down a road in a monsoon which is fair enough so we're rebooking.

Dressage on the big baby horse went 100 times better than planned - he is so accurate and so polite that we won our section! Our 20m circles were a bit wobbly but he got lovely comments on his free walk and every turn and transition was spot on. 64% and riding school owner was delighted because our game plan was just a nice experience.

Proper season starts next week with clear round jumping.