weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Back to normal :D
what's everyone got planned?

Bit of arena hire for Kira this weekend, need to do some test riding practice and we might do a little loading practice in the new lorry. Have just done some entries for Tuesday.
Salty is on catch-up bootcamp at the moment as she's had a very quiet couple of months achieving not a lot, so when I've reinstalled left canter we'll be looking for some outings :rolleyes:

Have fun everyone :)

Snowfilly

Visit site
Nowhere near as exciting as playing with a new lorry!

A riding club showjumping competition at the riding school - their normal venue is double booked and we're the nearest free venue. So a quick spin round the 70 and 80 as that's their top height, and hoping that I can remember single phrase jump offs! I'm a traditionalist of very little memory and 2 courses one after the other are not my thing.

Good luck to every on out and about.

blood_magik

Visit site
Just back from a fab lesson at clear rounds. My first time properly jumping Ellie and a good outing for Henry.

Im taking Henry to our second BS show together on Saturday and Ellie is jumping as well. I haven’t decided whether or not to take Beau as it’s inside and we haven’t done so well there in the past.

I’m supposed to be taking Ellie to our first show together next Wednesday so we’re having a lesson at home on Monday to make sure we’re all set 🙂

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm supposed to be doing an arena TREC on Sunday with the orange one, but I have a warning light on the Disco, so it depends if the damned thing holds out or not. Grrr.

McFluff

Visit site
If I can ditch this cold, then I’m planning on unaffiliated dressage on Sunday. First shot at a long arena novice, so a bit out of our comfort zone (and arguably our competence zone too!).
Good luck everyone and let’s hope weather ok...

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I have a lesson tonight and another tomorrow morning with our coach from the East Coast. Really looking forward to it, but hoping Henry keeps his legs in check. He has been feeling rather sprightly with all the spring grass and cooler weather.

Marigold4

Visit site
We are doing first Prelim dressage test in two years. Horse went lame, eventually had annular ligament surgery, took forever to recover. I used to have bigger ambitions, but now cantering in a Prelim will seem like such a huge achievement. As long as we get 60+ and have a nice time I shall be very happy indeed! Roll on Sunday!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Lots of people out and about. Good luck everyone. Marigold4 it must be great to be out again after such a long period of recovery.

Miss Jenny Wren and Amber are Arena Eventing at Eland Lodge. Both doing the 80. I will eventually grow a pair and step up a height but not quite yet.......

Bernster

Visit site
Have fun everyone! Hope the weather holds and fresh horses keep their legs on the ground. Planning to take the big grey one drag hunting on Sunday. Be interesting to see how he is as this will be the 2nd time this season, so he will have an idea of what is to come!

Chippers1

Visit site
I have a mini ODE on Sun, little bit nervous after the xc incident I posted about the other day but it's only 70cm and we schooled over 80/85 yesterday so hoping we will be ok. I haven't competed in months due to horsebox issues so that may be a part of it!
This will also be my first dressage test in about 8 years (and with this horse)...no pressure! i'd be happy with a mid range score :)

Bernster

Visit site
Chippers - I think it’s a really good idea of book an event that’s at a manageable height as it kind of forces you to get on with it, provided it’sa comfortable stretch for where you are at now. Good for you!

I’ve been getting some coaching for my nerves and one good tip is to think ‘in the moment’ about what you want to achieve. Small realistic goals, not about the end result but breaking it down e.g. active and supple in the test, bend round my left leg, listening and forward in the sj warm up, move out the xc box with purpose - those are some of mine. Helps to settle my mind and manage the day.

Sprat

Visit site
Good luck to everyone competing. We're off to a polework clinic tomorrow, with the aim to not hit the dirt like we did last weekend (not sure my poor swollen nose could cope with another trauma), then probably pop a fence or two on Sunday.

We haven't jumped since the incident last Saturday so I'll need some big girl pants on to crack on with it!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
We're off out again tomorrow...we have over an hour between tests which will be an interesting challenge as M has very little patience for waiting around. We got lost in Novice 30 last weekend, so hoping for a bit of redemption this weekend ahead of our first Ele next weekend!

fabbydo

Visit site
Quick hack in the morning and then we (the liveries) are taking our yard owner for a surprise day out. She does so much for us, it's nice to treat her occasionally! She thinks we're taking her for lunch (we had to tell her something so she would be available) and she is super excited but we've actually organised a 'falconry experience' day. Should be fun, hope she likes it! Good luck everyone who's competing.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Quick hack in the morning and then we (the liveries) are taking our yard owner for a surprise day out. She does so much for us, it's nice to treat her occasionally! She thinks we're taking her for lunch (we had to tell her something so she would be available) and she is super excited but we've actually organised a 'falconry experience' day. Should be fun, hope she likes it! Good luck everyone who's competing.

God I hope she doesn't have a secret bird phobia! :p