Weekend plans

DressageCob

Visit site
I really enjoyed my combined training. I got a terrible dressage score, which was about disappointing. Toby gets such a tight neck when he’s tense. He doesn’t spook or back off when he’s nervous or scared, but he sets his neck which is really obvious and loses us marks on every movement. He worked in beautifully and was lovely and soft but in the arena, with its giant muck heap next door, open fields to look at and flappy plastic it just all went out the window. Something to work on over the coming months.

I LOVED the jumping. It doesn’t look like it in the photos but I did. He was fabulous. We had 3 down, but they were baby mistakes. Given that a few weeks ago we would destroy an entire course this was progress. 8/11 remained standing!

E2682CA3-6DAE-4EC3-BDF7-88D172DD2D4E.jpeg1EEB789E-CEBD-4A8B-BE6A-189545BFAD75.jpeg

Bernster

Visit site
Those pics look great. Well done! He’s super smart.

We’ve had similar issues dressage, lovely warm up, tense in the test, but it’s getting better with more experience. I like the idea of CT classes.

blood_magik

Visit site
I have a couple of lessons booked for Blue this week now that I’ve got him back. Need to work out a training plan to get him fit for the Hogmanay show at Morris in a couple of weeks.

Beau won’t be ready but I’m hoping that Henry might be - thinking his lameness is down to his foot balance so the farrier is popping in today to have a look. 🤞🏻