Weekend plans

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh well done oldie48, those are super scores. 😊

Pleased to report that we got The Beast to her polework lesson and I rode her myself. And she worked really quite hard and although she got tired she didn't tye up. It was a useful exercise even if only to confirm that myself and The Beast are better off sticking to more French School training methods rather than German School... and I've got some ideas for, and the confidence to try, polework exercises at home. And just getting out and doing something and supporting riding club stuff and OH got to chat to people etc.

Wheels

Visit site
Yes it works :)

I'm sure you can get organised with other jumping lessons with Ian, other clinics etc.

Will look forward to the vids.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Awesome MP - Kira just gets better and better.
Glad you rode PF! Well done.
Great scores Oldie48! And a lovely pic.
JFTD that's a wonderful picture of the bending. Looks like you are flying.
Well done Fiona and Chippers. Sounds like you had great lessons.

I've posted about my crazy orange beastie elsewhere but girls had pony club today and both Dolly and Jenny were awesome! We told the instructor Dolly is only 4 and we have had her all of 8 days! So she said she'd make sure we started nice and small and build her confidence. But she did not bat an eyelid at anything and jumped all manner of weird spooky fences and fillers faultlessly. I'll post some pics if my friend sends them to me. Sp proud of both of them and so lovely to see Katie grinning!

Thanks for asking about Max, Fiona. He's back home. It;s an SI problem but he should make a full recovery. So the plan is inject the SI joint on Tuesday then turn him away for 8 weeks then re-assess.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well done to those out competing, (especially oldie!) am #envious.
Went and helped a friend at an unaff sj comp yesterday, BUT I rode out yesterday for 15 mins and again today for 20mins for 1st time out of my yard since July.
Early days as B Fuzzy only returned v late on Monday night, rather poor, but still as cheerful as she was before she had the unexpected surprise in the heatwave.
Lots of slow short stuff for a bit to build up, then looking forwards to joining in, in this section I hope!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well done MP, that is flipping amazing - that's a good 6% of lightbulbs clicking on in just a few weeks!
Well done oldie, you must be so excited 😁
Your pony is looking cracking chippers
Glad you're over your jumping stumble F
So pleased you did the clinic and rode yourself PF 😃
Fab news on your kids and ponies AE, your lot really do deserve a turn of luck.
Sounds like he's really starting to come together now Denzel, lessons are just the best thing ever when you can feel things all start to click into place
Awesome pics JFTD, and I really love your saddle cloth - what brand is it?
Wow FF, I didn't realise you'd been stranded out of the saddle for a while - great that you're back on the road again.

I've just done some storm dodging and a little schooling with my two. Work is beyond manic at the moment so any time in the saddle is a blessing. Tried a different bit on Arts, which she seemed to go brilliantly in. Could have just been a coincidence with things clicking into place, but I'll take it all the same 😁. We suddenly seem to have got the aid to lift the right shoulder anyway, whereas she has previously been scowling at me a bit and whizzing off instead. Bless her, I think she then surprised herself with how easy right circles are when you're not trying to dig your way to new Zealand with your right fore 😂

Michen

Visit site
Quiet one for me as still hopping around on one foot.Boggle had a lump removed on Friday, it’s been slowly growing since summer and became immobile so decide time for it to go. It looks like a benign tumour but it’s been sent of to the lab to check. So we are both on box rest!

Fiona

Visit site
Oh well done oldie48, those are super scores. 😊

Pleased to report that we got The Beast to her polework lesson and I rode her myself. And she worked really quite hard and although she got tired she didn't tye up. It was a useful exercise even if only to confirm that myself and The Beast are better off sticking to more French School training methods rather than German School... and I've got some ideas for, and the confidence to try, polework exercises at home. And just getting out and doing something and supporting riding club stuff and OH got to chat to people etc.

Well done PF, I'm so glad you did it yourself x x I'm sure you're chuffed to bits...

Fiona

JFTDWS

Visit site
Loads of positives out there this weekend - looking forward to seeing more of TFF on here again too ;)

DabDab, it's an old Pfiff pad from Equissentials but it'll be long out of stock from them by now. It's probably pushing on for 5 years old, has been used and abused, and is still pretty decent, so fair play to it!

Wheels

Visit site
OMG.... You never said Dolly was only 4 Amber......wow :)

Go me, I'm a youtuber 🤣🤣🤣

How did today go Wheels?

Fiona

Well we didn't bring home any rosettes but for us it was a very successful outing. A few months ago I would have laughed if you had put some of those jumps in front of me!

M warmed up really well and jumped brilliantly over the practise fences. Into the ring and he went a little green (only to be expected at 5) - he jumped the first fence so big I nearly came off lol it took me a few fences to get back into the flow. A couple of the jumps felt huge, one in particular that was a water tray in front of a square oxer with fillers under the front bar, lots of people had problems there but M flew it.

I did what I do when I'm out of my comfort zone which is fiddle about too much and we lose the rhythm but having said that I was there for him and riding when he needed me the most.

I can't fault the wee man, that was his biggest course to date with some scary fences at a new venue and he just carried on regardless.

My fiddling and his green moments meant that we had a few down (not sure whether it was 3 or 4) and some time faults but so proud of him, even when I knew he wasn't really sure and where we had an awful stride he still went and jumped everything for me.

Will go out again next weekend to do another derby then he'll get a few weeks off competing

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Well done PF, I'm so glad you did it yourself x x I'm sure you're chuffed to bits...

Fiona

I am. Really quite pleased. It would have been very easy to not go at all and even easier to get OH to ride. But I'm never going to stop being nervous about riding in front of people unless I do it. I really want to get to the point where I can RIDE a dressage test rather than sit through one frozen in abject terror. 😂 I don't think I took much from the instruction today but got a lot out of the exercise. I cant get over how unphased by anything The Beast is either. She didn't even sweat up on the trailer ride today and didn't put a toe out of line... I think that's her 5th (?) outing to a "pony party" of some description and it's like she's been going out every weekend for 5 years. 😂 Going to get her a rug embroidered with "Got haynet, got no problems" She's so calm it makes me calmer too.

Sorry, rambled... but yeah I'm pretty chuffed.

scats

Visit site
Well done everyone! Sounds like a productive weekend!

Not so much here unfortunately as I’ve been unwell. Looks like a lupus flare up, which isn’t uncommon when I’ve had a bad kidney infection.
So annoyed that I felt too unwell to even contemplate riding today.

oldie48

Visit site
Well done everyone! Sounds like a productive weekend!

Not so much here unfortunately as I’ve been unwell. Looks like a lupus flare up, which isn’t uncommon when I’ve had a bad kidney infection.
So annoyed that I felt too unwell to even contemplate riding today.
I hope you feel better soon, lupus can be so difficult to manage, look after yourself.

Snowfilly

Visit site
My OH went down with a sickness bug and was really poorly, so left him tucked up in bed to go to the Christmas fun show. Did the best combination where we came 4th from 10, and were praised for being the only pair to show an extension in the canter, but he was very lazy pulling out the line up and we fluffed most of the trot work otherwise we'd have been higher.

I was just putting him back in his box and OH called to say her got worse, and was currently in am ambulance so that was the end of our day!

He turned out to have a kidney infection, hopefully I can being him home today.

I just want a drama free life at the moment!!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
OMG.... You never said Dolly was only 4 Amber

She is remarkably chilled! I turned her out on day 2 and then had to fetch her in with a head-torch along a pitch black, quite long track. As I walked up I was thinking 'hmmmm I didn't really think this through!!!': New yard, new owner, weird lights and shadows, spooky track in high wind! But she ambled along next to me like a seaside donkey, bless her. She adores Jenny and has settled in really well with the whole herd.

Pics of her flying at pony club. Not great quality but you get the idea!

47578958_2062333510513386_2948444587133239296_n.jpg

48059081_2062333480513389_8706621603527524352_n.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Hopefully this will work...the instructor got a little video of the brush fence. He also has only seen a ditch once before and very tentatively trotted it with a little leap so this was very good! Ignore his constantly switching legs after the ditch...it's a bad habit he has when he's excited..oh and the tiny stride into the log made me laugh. Edited because I forgot, he really hated brush fences and would always run out so I am so pleased that he jumps them first time now! He's improved so much.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/305438964" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">received_287169042141266</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user48766798">robyn</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I was just putting him back in his box and OH called to say her got worse, and was currently in am ambulance so that was the end of our day!

He turned out to have a kidney infection, hopefully I can being him home today.

I just want a drama free life at the moment!!

Oh how horrid. Hope he recovers soon.

Asha

Visit site
well done everyone, sounds like you all had fab weekends ( except scats, get better soon x)

Oldie - those are amazing scores, blinking well done.

Fiona

Visit site
Aww scats and mr snowfilly :( There is so much illness about at the moment.... Get well soon x

Well done wheels.... we had two down when we were there at Halloween, but I was still chuffed. I saw a pic of the brush oxer with filler in front and it looked dreadful :(

Are you off to portmore next Sunday then??

Does anyone know how I share a video from fb to here??

I can't copy then from youtube as they are on hubby's phone rather than mine.

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
This was the water tray in front of brush oxer although this was when I walked it on the Saturday set at 70cm - it looked blinking huge at 85cm and square lol then straight onto the wooden barrels, also a square oxer then turn back and over some planks, difficult! Lol

48374610_10156104477292725_3789024396253855744_o.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
Fabulous pic from Caroline, do you know I think she used to be on HHO years ago...... Before she started taking pics professionally. She used to send me the odd one of hubby when he was eventing.

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
Yes that looks horrid. Fionn jumped it before mind you in Octobrt, but it only had a couple of poles over the middle of it on that occasion, and also he has lost his confidence with the one at Erics since then.

Bet you were glad to be over it safely and on to the rest of the course....

FIona

Wheels

Visit site
I was more worried about losing my brakes coming down the triple combination and then a sharp right to a skinny as he gets a bit too quick when the adrenalin starts pumping but he was actually lacking a bit of confidence and I had to keep him forward - just goes to show that he needs a challenge!