Weekend Plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
god the weather is grim today! Hope everyone is surviving. I took Kira to arena hire up the road this morning, was going to be a trip for Salty but the hounds were meeting in the farmyard next door and I knew that even if Kira got jolly she would be Ok to get off the box and bundle back into the stable when we got back.

Anyway, I was glad I did, today we got 8 one tempis which is the most I've asked for so far. She was a spooky twit in the wind and it was horribly cold rain too, but definitely worth making the effort.

48358867_2250692574942240_3456846493095297024_n.jpg

Unfortunately that means Salty has now had 4 days off... not fancying my 4.45pm school booking tonight, it's blowing a gale and peeing down. Hey ho! Seatbelts a-go-go tomorrow o_O

Wheels

Visit site
Thank goodness for indoor arenas. We have some friends over from England and one of them is a rider, a very nice rider as it happens so we took M to a local indoor and had a ride there, it's the first time someone else has ridden him since I bought him and he was a perfect gent

Mule

Visit site
My lesson was cancelled because of the storm. I did some clicker training with him instead. I was all up for riding but got very wet and cold and chickened out. The forecast for tomorrow is much better.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Milliepops - Kira looks bedraggled but pleased with her little self. 😊❤

The Beast was worked and a Christmas tree purchased today. Sat in the house now and so don't even want to go back out to the yard for evening stables. It sounds so bad out there... it was actually reasonable this morning, just a bit windy.

IMG_20181215_112359_818.jpg

scats

Visit site
MP- you have such commitment! Kira looks as gorgeous as ever.
Weather here has been horrendous- probably the worst storm in a long time. Girls went out this morning and completely unheard of, they galloped down to the bottom, then back to the top and stood waiting to come back in! I chucked some hay out in a sheltered area and they seemed a bit happier, but they came in earlier than normal. In fact, they were actually waiting to come in, which again, is unheard of. Then they nearly killed me on the way back to the yard. We have caravan storage so there’s lots of caravan covers flapping and the wind blowing between them that makes a whistling noise.
It was absolutely wild and I was on my own as always. I’d stuck the rope over Millie’s nose as I anticipated lunacy, but I should have taken a bridle out with me really. In all fairness to Polly, she’s an angel. Millie on the other hand!

It’s forecast to be calmer tomorrow so I’ll ride in the afternoon.

oldie48

Visit site
Well I'm feeling quite virtuous as I did get on board salty in the dark stormy night, we didn't last long as the rain turned into sideways hail but it was good while it lasted 😂
You are completely bonkers, Rose and Fatty came in early and I wrapped Xmas pressies and stuffed myself with chocolate, then watched Pointless with the dog on my lap. Now that's a good way to spend a really horrible afternoon in the run up to Xmas. see youtomorrow!

Fiona

Visit site
Well done everybody who rode today.... You're amazing x x

We didn't go anywhere. It was pouring and blowing a gale and hubby was v dubious about taking the lorry out, so we visited a brilliant country store for horsy stuff, and called in on friends who gave us lunch.

Getting home was fun due to flooded roads, took over two hours and had to turn back twice 😣

Fiona

Bernster

Visit site
I didn’t check the weather. Hahah. Hahah. So I didn’t have enough layers on but hacked out anyway and froze my extremities. Even had a sneaky canter along the track in the woods, which both horses loved and F was very keen. Hunting really fires him up, in a good way.

But v glad I decided not to go out hunting today, too cold for me and can’t face the cleaning off in the dark afterwards. But I’ll head up to have a lovely day of pootling around the yard. Weather seems ok but I will def take more clothes with me!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Fab dressage lesson with the ponies today. Love my instructor - she is so positive and gets the best out of my kids. No other teacher comes close. Jenny is turning into quite the dressage diva! My RI said today "there's a dressage pony in there. She was very well buried but I can see glimpses of her now!"

She loves Dolly too which is great.

Wheels

Visit site
It's brilliant when you find a trainer that really clicks like that Ambers Echo!

We had a fun day out at the Derby. After last week which was not very polished and had some very spooky fences that I think spooked me more than they did the pony, I decided to go and do the 75cm, he jumped really well for me, unfortunately had the last fence down. After a wee break we did the 85cm too, which was a lovely forward and confident round, one down again, a silly mistake from me as I sat and held for an extra stride when I really should have pushed on but all good fun!

milliepops

Visit site
Sounds good, wheels and I agree AE it's fab when you have a great trainer 😁

I had 2 Good lessons today, worked on some exercises to help kira get a bit more mental suppleness ;) she's willing in all the sideways but finds the change from one exercise or one direction to another quite challenging. So that should help with the advanced tests.
Then some low key but very productive work getting salty on side and helping her to feel confident, although I felt like it was quite easy work she finished feeling rather tired so I think we did stimulate her brain quite a bit!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I agree AE it's fab when you have a great trainer 😁

It's brilliant when you find a trainer that really clicks like that Ambers Echo

She's brilliant. I'm just annoyed it took me so long to start having lessons with her! All my friends raved about her but I was on a yard with an onsite instructor who could be a bit funny about liveries having lessons offsite. She often made critical comments about other instructors and so I stuck with her till I just tried this woman once and will never use anyone else ever again!

milliepops

Visit site
I think people like that are usually the ones who are insecure about their own abilities and find it convenient to keep clients feeling like they don't deserve or dont need any other training.

If I tell my regular trainer I've been elsewhere in between lessons it's never an issue, I think it's good to have a fresh pair of eyes now and then anyway. No need for any awkwardness, it's not personal 🤣

Pleased you got going with your lovely instructor though 😁

rosiesowner

Visit site
Anyone who managed to ride yesterday is my hero! Chilli got lunged around the show jumps from yesterday's competition at work. This morning I quickly mucked out then whizzed off to see poor OH who is still feeling ropey after his op. Then back home for an evening ride. The jumps still hadn't been put away and there's no way Chill will school properly around a full set of show jumps so decided to give it a go! I was nervous and she was very strong but my friend provided some great commentary:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mule

Visit site
Brought the beast on a really long hack today. We did some schooling first, then we went off in the box and parked near a forestry trail. We hacked up and across the hills.

We couldn't go very far off the main path because the beast is too tall to fit under low branches 😁

I'm planning to explore further next time but, as its deer season and there was quite a lot of shots going off I didn't want to venture too near in that direction in case our hack became more dramatic 😱
Does anyone know if it would be safe to be in the general vicinity of hunters if I put on hi viz? Surely they are careful not to shoot random things without looking??

Fiona

Visit site
Gorgeous pics wheels....

Hubby and I quickly hacked out this morning while LO was at his gymnastics competition, but that was it 😣

Feeling a bit envious of those who got out competing, though I do have a flatwork lesson tomorrow evening and LO has rally on Tuesday evening...

Fiona

Denbob

Visit site
Yay AE! So glad Dolly is doing well, you were definitely due some good luck!
Well done to everyone who rode yesterday!

Accidental XC on Saturday! Went on a 45 minute hack with 3 others and Denzel did gates, and stayed steady as a rock even when others were broncing and spooking at the wind so very pleased with that. Got to the end to find a small tree was down, Denzel trotted over it like a seasoned pro. Small positives when you don't get out and about a lot! He ended up staying in as nothing else was out so long-reined briefly in the evening as well and he still felt totally full of beans which is great considered how miserable he's been all week after his flu jab on Monday.

Wimped out of riding yesterday, which may have been a mistake as he's being clipped tonight (a proper clip not just a weeny bib! 😲) then won't get a chance to ride until saddle fitter Wednesday *doh*

Have a good week all, final stretch to the shortest day!

Chippers1

Visit site
Not only rode on Saturday (got scared by golfers...they have horse eating golf clubs..) but also went out to work xmas party Saturday night, thought my hands were going to drop off whilst huddling under my umbrella in my party dress waiting for a taxi!! And still managed a hack on Sunday (hungover and this time decided a bobble hat that he could see moving but not see the person attached behind the hedge was the scariest thing ever, it's been an eventful hacking weekend!)